PDA

View Full Version : ITB/ ITS split start ?

TAC
02-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Since we seem to have some very strong opinions and good points being made on this subject lets see a vote from those ITB and ITS drivers planning on attending the I.T.SPEC*tacular. This is purely to see which way the vote will swing and is not to be misconstrued as the final results for the race weekend. Everyone is free to put their opinions down but please refrain from voting if your not in ITB or ITS.

Thanks,

Todd

Eagle7
02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
I voted "doesn't make a difference" because I expect it to be happening behind me. If I was at the pointy end of the B field I'd have voted "yes".

gran racing
02-02-2008, 10:31 AM
As several have said, it would be nice to have this in the sups one way of the other and not wait till race weekend. Oh well, I know it's not up to you Todd.

+ 1, yes

TAC
02-02-2008, 02:29 PM
As several have said, it would be nice to have this in the sups one way of the other and not wait till race weekend. Oh well, I know it's not up to you Todd.

+ 1, yes

Being a talking head isn't easy. :006: Thanks for understanding.

924Guy
02-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Hells yeah, 'cause I plan to be at the pointy end of the B field!!!

TimM ITB
02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
100 % !!! Split starts!!! At least the field will be "pre-sorted" before we end up mixing up the two different groups.

And Nice job Todd - for being pro-active and stepping up to take action on an issue that the drivers have brought to the Club's attention. Whatever the outcome, at least we have had the opportunity to voice our opinions and make a choice. Sweet.

Tim M.

Catch22
02-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Hells yeah, 'cause I plan to be at the pointy end of the B field!!!

You too?!?!?!
:cool:

Catch22
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I voted "doesn't make a difference" because I expect it to be happening behind me. If I was at the pointy end of the B field I'd have voted "yes".

What if you have a failure on the first qualifying lap?
Or get taken out on lap 1 of a qualifying race?

Well, you'd get to start behind about 20 ITB cars if we didn't have a split start.
Wanna rethink that vote?
:rolleyes:

TAC
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Even with a +/- 3% error factor it looks from the straw poll like ITB/ITS is gonna be a split start.