PDA

View Full Version : '85 Omni GLH-Turbo

Mad Mike
01-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Presuming the car meets all current SCCA Club Racing safety regs, would anyone care to hazard a guess how many SCCA Divisions might allow an SCCA ProRally prepped & log booked, Rally America-legal 1985 Dodge Omni GLH-Turbo Group 5 car to run in ITE? I have no interest in chasing a Divisional title, accumulating more trophies or anything beyond exercising the most cost-effective way to keep up with the activity requirements of my license. I understand ITE has become something of a catch-all that was created so cars prepped for endurance series could play in Club Racing, but I could be wrong. If nothing else, stage rallying certainly is an endurance contest!

Thanks!

Knestis
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
You're totally at the mercy of your local region's ITE rules, Mike. They differ a lot from place to place so get in touch with your regional club racing folks and check the rulebook.

K

Speed Raycer
01-21-2008, 04:45 PM
They'll let them run in MiDiv. At least they let an RA prepped Jeep truck run 2 years ago at GIR in ITE. Of course, it helped that the driver is very well known and has tons of experiance at GIR. I would think that an Omni would go through a little easier than a Jeep Commanche ;)

As long as it has the kill switch, tow eyes and proper markings, you should be good to go.0

Mad Mike
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Scott & Kirk! Fulfilling the few mechanical requirement differences tween IT (Jim Lill mentioned SPO) and Rally America is no great shakes and since I've been circulating Hallett since I was caretaker of the property the first two full seasons it was open (mid 70s) I reckon I have that track down cold (even the rally car shortcut I created hanging a right at 7 to blast through two gates and a chunk of the little used infield rather than negotiating The Bitch, after dark!).

I feared that venturing outside MiDiv might lead to just what Kirk mentioned so I thought I'd ask. Now, if the CRB will just implement my request to add my Peltor full face (along with other BS6658:85 Type A/FR hats) to the list of helmets legal for Club Racing I may be back WTW racing again this year.