PDA

View Full Version : Ccps

tbtapper
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey folks I've never run a CCPS event. Couldn't quickly find the web site to find out what's the setup and rules for this series.

Anybody got the web site link readily available?? I might try and run at CMP in February looks like it would be fun with the new config.

Just not sure if I have to change stuff on the car etc.

Thanks

Travers
ITS 19

NutDriverRighty
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
No changes need to car. You'll follow standard IT rules set forth by SCCA. Race is 45 minutes with mandatory 2 minute stop. Adding fuel is NOT allowed. This is why Doug and I enjoy the series so much. It is a cheap way for both of us to get to play in a single weekend.

Scott Franklin
www.NutDriver.org (http://www.NutDriver.org)

PS You will have to "join" the series. I think that the fee is about $35 per year. There are pay-outs at the end of the season. I think that we've gotten about $15 per year for the last few. :happy204:

tbtapper
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Sounds ok, do you have to change driver or just sit in the pits?? The only problem I see is that I'm not sure my car will run 45min on the cell I have.

Never really had to worry about it in the usual SARRC/ProIT races.

The longest race is RA at the ARRC with 20 laps which equal 60 miles (20*2.5miles)

So, if I average about 1.45s at RA that means the race is about 35 minutes.

I think CMP is less demanding on fuel consumption so it might be close but it seems I might be able to make the race distance.

Thank Scotty

Travers

JeffYoung
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Travers, you can just sit in the pits for 2 minutes. Can be brutal at CMP cause the brakes cook. Well, on my car anyway.

Cup races are ok. NOt much S car participation usually, but we've got 3 signed up already, so this may be fun.

tbtapper
01-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Yep, it will be fun to see how the changes to the track work out. My schedule for this year is so tight that I need to make all the close races I can.

Hope the weather is cooperative and not too cold, I'm not much of a cold weather kind a guy.

See you there.

Travers

Parrish57
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's the link to the CCPS site: http://www.carolinacupracing.com/

The fee to join the series for the year is $20.00. You don't have to join the series to race but you won't be eligable to get points or prize $ if you don't. It's a no brainer to join since a single race will probably pay out more than the 20 bucks!

seckerich
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Travers you will burn about 4.5-5 gallons in a normal 30 minute race at CMP. Should be able to go the distance with 8. Laps run in the 1:5x range in old configuration and should be a little quicker now with less low gear running. Come on out and play!!