PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer and Disclosure

Knestis
01-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I was posting an opinion about something just now and it occurred to me that some of you (most, probably) don't know that I'm now on the ITAC.

I'm going to do my very best to adhere to the high standard set by other ITAC members re: using tools like it.com to plumb the mood of IT racers, while not creating difficulties for the committee or board with my online ranting.

You might be very surprised how actually being involved in the process in an official capacity shuts down the normal function of one's motorsport militancy gland.

:blink: <-- Kirk running his thoughts through the responsibility filter

Anyway, please remember that my postings here represent my personal feelings/opinions as Joe Racer, rather than the position of the ITAC. Official communications of ITAC go to the board and are then reflected in decisions disseminated through official SCCA pubs, particularly FasTrack.

K

Grumpy
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
That would be the same for me. I do not officially or otherwise speak for any organization. All opinions are my own.

JimLill
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
How about a list of who is on the ITAC....

Greg Amy
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
...some of you (most, probably) don't know that I'm now on the ITAC.
Lord, please save us, all...

Ron Earp
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Awesome!! I'm pleased to hear that!

Knestis
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Har-dee-har-har. You've just been docked one schmooze point, Bud.

And I thought we old farts had to stick together...

:p

K

JamesB
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM

It can't be that bad...

erlrich
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't think even He can help us now Greg.

So, does this mean we are now entering the "Just say no" era? :D

But seriously, congrats Kirk, I know you'll do a great job.

spnkzss
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I was posting an opinion about something just now and it occurred to me that some of you (most, probably) don't know that I'm now on the ITAC.

I'm going to do my very best to adhere to the high standard set by other ITAC members re: using tools like it.com to plumb the mood of IT racers, while not creating difficulties for the committee or board with my online ranting.

You might be very surprised how actually being involved in the process in an official capacity shuts down the normal function of one's motorsport militancy gland.

Anyway, please remember that my postings here represent my personal feelings/opinions as Joe Racer, rather than the position of the ITAC. Official communications of ITAC go to the board and are then reflected in decisions disseminated through official SCCA pubs, particularly FasTrack.

K

You have become a busy man. RSI and ITAC? What's next? BoD? Maybe MIA? :p

JamesB
01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Remind me not to drink while I am reading threads. Diet Dr. Pepper really burns as it passes through your nasal cavaties.

1stGenBoy
01-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Right on the SCCA Web site

http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=scca&WebKey=7cf56de7-e03a-4708-96c0-c4eadcc7ae11

Bob Clark
IT Advisorary Committee

ddewhurst
01-18-2008, 03:11 PM
***How about a list of who is on the ITAC....***

Jim, I thought it would be a simple deal to do an SCCA search for the ITAC. Oh no, this is the Secret Car Club of America. The groups in the past were all open to view. No the genius of the SCCA website has implemented a secret system so that everyone needs to log in to get the ITAC names. :mad1:

Hey K. this change is recent did you have something to do with the change.;)

The Board of Directors is out in the open for all to see but the other groups are secret & one SHALL log in. I can only imagine what one is required to swear to when taking a place with one of the groups.
Boards and Committees

2008 SCCA Boards and Committees - Send E-Mail to all Directors ([email protected])

<A href="mailto:[email protected]"><A href="mailto:[email protected]">Area 1 - Robert Introne Jr. ([email protected])
Area 2 -Jerry Wannarka ([email protected])
Area 3 - K.P Jones ([email protected])
Area 4 - Larry Dent ([email protected])
Area 5 - Robert Lybarger ([email protected])
http://www.scca.com/DEGSMS/images/dot.gifArea 6 - Lisa Noble ([email protected])
Area 7 - Michael Sauce ([email protected])
Area 8 - James Christian ([email protected])
Area 9 - R.J. Gordy ([email protected])
http://www.scca.com/DEGSMS/images/dot.gifArea 10 - John Sheridan ([email protected])
Area 11 - Andy Porterfield ([email protected])
Area 12 - Philip Creighton ([email protected])
Area 13 - Howard Allen ([email protected])
Officers:ChairmanR.J. Gordy
Vice ChairmanJohn Sheridan
TreasurerK.P JonesAssistant TreasurerBob Introne
SecretaryJim ChristianAssistant SecretaryLisa Noble
5th Member Exec. CommitteeBob Introne
1st AlternateMike Sauce2nd AlternateJerry Wannarka

2008 Boards/Committees
Click Here (http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=scca&WebKey=7a76d30a-eec2-4144-b872-132b9ae6d01e)For a complete listing of the Boards and Committees.

Andy Bettencourt
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM

Josh Sirota, CA
Kirk Knestis, WV
Marshall Lytle, VA
Andy Bettencourt, MA
George Roffe, TX
Jake Gulick, CT
Lee Graser, TN
Les Chaney, NC
Bob Clark, WI

shwah
01-18-2008, 03:28 PM
:(Even more thrilling. I try to log in, and the stated initial username password don't work (should be your member numbe and your zip code). I wonder if I have previously logged in and forgotten, so I go through the lost password procedure, and am told to check my email.

Talk about secret car club. Even members can't get in.

JeffYoung
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Kirk, I immediately demand an allowance for larger brakes on my car, drop 200 lbs, plus add a stripper carrying sidecar.

What say the ITAC?

JamesB
01-18-2008, 03:45 PM
stripper side car? I thought thats what the area that used to be the passanger seat was for.

Xian
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM

Filter? What's that?

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that you're on the ITAC. I think you'll be a great asset to the club and bring a metric TON of knowledge to the table. Congrats and thank you!!!

Christian

PS
I don't want any weight dropped from "my" car or a stripper sidecar but can you get weight added to everyone else's car? :lol:

1stGenBoy
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
[quote=ddewhurst;257991]***How about a list of who is on the ITAC....***

Jim, I thought it would be a simple deal to do an SCCA search for the ITAC. Oh no, this is the Secret Car Club of America. The groups in the past were all open to view. No the genius of the SCCA website has implemented a secret system so that everyone needs to log in to get the ITAC names. :mad1:

Hey K. this change is recent did you have something to do with the change.;)

The Board of Directors is out in the open for all to see but the other groups are secret & one SHALL log in. I can only imagine what one is required to swear to when taking a place with one of the groups.

Here you go David and others. You have had to log in using your member number to the SCCA site since the website changed about a year ago. No idea why they changed this. I have deleted the members of the ITAC home phone numbers and address's and E-Mail address's as it is not my place to post those on a public forum. If you want those you'll have to log in.
David,
You have my number if you need to get a hold of me.

Bob Clark

Josh Sirota
Cupertino, CA 95014

Kirk Knestis
Charleston, WV 253113

Marshall B Lytle III
Alexandria, VA 22308

Andrew T Bettencourt
Bridgewater, MA 02324

George D Roffe
Kingwood, TX 77339

Jake Gulick
Bridgeport, CT 06605

Lee F Graser
Andersonville, TN 37705

Les Chaney
Eden, NC 27288

Robert H Clark
Milwaukee, WI 53209

Chairman and Liaisons
Andrew T Bettencourt Chairman
Peter Keane Liaison

JeffYoung
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
In all seriousness, congratulations. You will be a valuable addition to the Board.

dickita15
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM

K
I would also expect you as well as others members will argue a point of view not yours for the purpose of examining all sides of an issue.

wcmcarlos
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
This Is a Joke On Us Newbees,,, Right???

gran racing
01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Well there goes any hope of adding weight to the Golf III. :cool:

In all seriousness, congrats! I think you'll do a great job and be a fantastic addition to the ITCS.

JeffYoung
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM
what year model Knestis XL is best for IT racing?

Knestis
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I've already recused myself from voting on that question, since you ask. My input will be exactly what it's always been here and elsewhere - run it through the process.

Dick raises an interesting question. For the purposes of my participation HERE, I'm going to tend to advocate for what I think is right. For the purposes of actually influencing ITAC business, that gets tempered with a more critical review of input, varied points of view, and interests.

You all don't get to see behind the curtain but from what I've seen so far of the ITAC's inner workings, there does appear to be a reassuring sense that members are trying to get it right, rather than further individual agendas.

K

1stGenBoy
01-18-2008, 06:45 PM
:(Even more thrilling. I try to log in, and the stated initial username password don't work (should be your member numbe and your zip code). I wonder if I have previously logged in and forgotten, so I go through the lost password procedure, and am told to check my email.

Talk about secret car club. Even members can't get in.

You need to enter your member number EXACTLY as it appears on your membership card including the _ on the card.

PSherm
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
So I guess being "THE" Rules Nerd pays off! :p

Can we just substitute the entire CRB with the ITAC now? Maybe then something good and reasonable can happen...

lateapex911
01-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I had been holding off on announcing the addition up in the "ITAC happenings" thread, until we were sure everything was in line and good to go, then I got caught up in other things.

I've been pleased with the ITACs makeup, but due to a members time constraints, we found we had an opening. I was thrilled that Kirk agreed to jump in the pool. (We'll leave the negotiations and how it got done out of it, LOL) He'll keep us flying on the straight and level, no doubt.

Regarding the CRB, we all should take some relief in the knowledge that some of the ITACs openings are the result of the CRB plucking our members for CRB duty. Peter Keane, ITB driver, and Chris Albin, IT and Prod driver have both been given new seats on the CRB. In addition, I had a nice sit down with Stan Clayton when i was in California recently, and he has his head on straight and really gets the big picture. He's a great CRB guy. And likewise Bob Dowie, the chair, who is a real racer, and will engage you in the paddock on anything you want to discuss.

ddewhurst
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
To: Bob Clark IT Advisorary Committee

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address. You bet I made a call & all I got was wet from pissing in the wind. I suggested that just maybe one of these days some of the peope who can't figure out why people leave the SCCA or don't take part with improving the club would get the picture. Then the wet came. I didn't have the hart to ask the guy I was talking to why it took him or one of his minion a year to get the Graet Lakes Divison shown on the SCCA site map. Ya, to much work & to little help.

RSTPerformance
01-19-2008, 01:53 AM

In all seriousness, congrats! I think you'll do a great job and be a fantastic addition to the ITCS.

lol, the exact post i was going to make!!! Congrats K, do your best to keep the 80's cars competitive!!!

Raymond

erlrich
01-19-2008, 10:16 AM

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address.
Matt...er, I mean David - you can't be friggin serious can you? You're bitching because you have to go log onto a website to view personal phone and e-mail contact info for volunteer board/committee memebers? Give it a break man. If I were on a board or committee I sure as hell wouldn't want my contact info out there where every spammer, telemarketer, or just plain weirdo had access to it.

JeffYoung
01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Earl: speaks truth.

lateapex911
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM

Bob, save the crap for the ITAC mettings please. The friken info in the past was out in the open for all to use then someone did the secert deal to the names & e-mail address. You bet I made a call & all I got was wet from pissing in the wind. I suggested that just maybe one of these days some of the peope who can't figure out why people leave the SCCA or don't take part with improving the club would get the picture. Then the wet came. I didn't have the hart to ask the guy I was talking to why it took him or one of his minion a year to get the Graet Lakes Divison shown on the SCCA site map. Ya, to much work & to little help.

Jeeez, what'd Bob do to you??
(to be clear, I think that post was out of line.)

ddewhurst
01-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Earl, all the e-mail info was out in the open in the past.:D All of a sudden it's secret. To anyone who has the answer. Why are the BoD e-mails available without logging in but not the other people of other SCCA groups?

Jake, you will have a pm shortly.:D Please don't call posts out of line where your not up to speed.

Have Fun;)
David

Greg Amy
01-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Why are the BoD e-mails available without logging in but not the other people of other SCCA groups?
How about because spammers write software code that troll open web pages, harvesting all email addresses they find, and adds those email addresses to lists that are used to create millions of spam emails per minute, distributed via a worldwide web of infected residential PCs on high-speed access lines, the "botnet"?

And that a spammer is highly unlikely to sign up for an SCCA membership just to be able to add a couple dozen or so emails to the tens of millions they already have?

David, I know there are some black helicopters flying around occasion, but I think it's high time to come out of the bunker for some vitamin D once in a while...and no reason to attack Jake, 'cause I think your response was way out of line, too. Hell, I was wondering if you were drunk-posting or something...holy geezus, man...

lateapex911
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Jake, you will have a pm shortly.:D Please don't call posts out of line where your not up to speed.

Have Fun;)
David
David, i received a correspondence from you in my personal email box. I tried to respond from there, but it came back "Permanent fatal errors in address"..I tried the "Email thru IT.com link" but THAT came back with "This user does not allow contact" or something similar. Whatever...I tried to respond in ther manner which you selected but....

So, since you demanded I respond, here you go.

You eamil spoke of history between you and Mr Clark, and attacked his integrity. I do not know what has transpired between the two of you, and whether your claims are or are not justified, but that is all essentially irrelevant, as neither does 99% of those here reading your posts to him. When the "back story" isn't known, your attack makes you look less than honorable, and I too read it and wondered if there was some drinking going on.

In my opinion, you were out of line regardless of your history, as Bob's post had nothing to do with your past.

If your posts require back channel or private emails to explain, then perhaps they shouldn't be made on a public forum.

Andy Bettencourt
01-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey! I thought this thread was about how Kirk gets to take some heat!

Seriously, I am very excited to work with Kirk. Not only is he technically strong but he has a strong sense of IT history and is a policy guy. A real win/win.

AB

ddewhurst
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
***So, since you demanded I respond, here you go.***

Jake, first I don't have a clue why I don't receive mail & second you don't read well. Your theatrics within your latest post is beyond belief. The ps requested you respond that you received the e-mail. Not that you run your mouth. I hope that you make better decisions while working with ITAC issues. Apparently the ITAC protects their own just as the BoD protects their own.

With the suggestions of black helicopters/drinking I will surmise that sometimes when people come up short on roll cage/head rest issues they resort to other communication process.

Jake or Greg, would you like to talk rules about head rest or main hoop diagonal?

Greg Amy
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM

Good point: Lord, please save us, all...

;)

Jake or Greg, would you like to talk rules about head rest or main hoop diagonal?
No. As I said in that topic, 'no interest at all on the subject.'

lateapex911
01-19-2008, 05:45 PM

Seriously, I am very excited to work with Kirk. Not only is he technically strong but he has a strong sense of IT history and is a policy guy. A real win/win.

AB

yea Kirk, lets get a move on here! take some heat, eh? ;)
David, I'm not going to follow you down the baited path. Everybody has their issues to run up the flagpole, the headrest thingy is yours I guess. Good luck with it.

mustanghammer
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Whew....for a minute I thought I was on the wrong site. I mean Jake has a hottie for an avitar, the page looks different and for awhile David wasn't ranting about cages...... It's good to be home!!!

Congrats K. I don't always agree with you but there is logic behind your arguments. We will be well served.

924Guy
01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Congratulations and Thanks for taking on this burden - and that goes not just for Kirk, but for Jake, Andy, Geo, Les, Josh, Bob, Marshall and Lee, including the CRB members. As much as we like to sit on our butts and piss and moan about what they're not doing for us, the way we want, let's not forget it takes a serious commitment of time and energy, to step up to the plate and really work to make things better.

Thanks, guys!

jlucas
01-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Who's this Kirk guy?

:p

Bill Miller
01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I had been holding off on announcing the addition up in the "ITAC happenings" thread, until we were sure everything was in line and good to go, then I got caught up in other things.

I've been pleased with the ITACs makeup, but due to a members time constraints, we found we had an opening. I was thrilled that Kirk agreed to jump in the pool. (We'll leave the negotiations and how it got done out of it, LOL) He'll keep us flying on the straight and level, no doubt.

Are you the ITAC Press Secretary?

Congrats Kirk, best of luck.

IPRESS
01-21-2008, 01:28 AM
I love it when this place turns in to the PROD Board!
Keep up the cat fights it's cold down here and we stay inside when it freezes! I've done every crossword I could find, but little did I know that REAL entertainment was just around the it.com corner.:happy204:

Thanks,
Mac

DavidM
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
So Kirk replaced Stretch? I thought Bob had been added last year, but I don't see his name on the current list.

David

1stGenBoy
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM

Now you know why i don't post much here anymore.
Sorry you feel that way David. I did not have anything to do with nor was I asked about SCCA changing how you view the committees personal info .
I'm kind of glad you have to log in to get my personal info. Spammers and a virus from an SCCA link cost me a computer about a year and a half ago. At least that's what the guy at the computer store told me anyway. David has all my personal contact information if he wants to contact me.

lateapex911
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
So Kirk replaced Stretch? I thought Bob had been added last year, but I don't see his name on the current list.

David

That's correct. Bob's commitments with his company (that has a bunch of locations), his racing, and his family, (he has a whole bunch of kids I think) added up, and he decided he couldn't devote the time. I for one enjoyed having him on the ITAC, but we've done well in filling his shoes.

tom_sprecher
01-21-2008, 04:55 PM
How about because spammers write software code that troll open web pages, harvesting all email addresses they find, and adds those email addresses to lists that are used to create millions of spam emails per minute, distributed via a worldwide web of infected residential PCs on high-speed access lines, the "botnet"?

Since I am in industrial sales and involved with SEDiv and Atlanta Region admin my contact info including phone, fax, cell and email has on at least 8 websites for over 5 years and I don't get squat from spammers, telemarketers or just plain weirdos. Either I'm lucky, Norton Internet Security is awsome or everyone's paranoid, I don't know.

Now, if you know any fancy weirdos that what to spam someone let me know. ;)

Greg Amy
01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Either I'm lucky...
There's your answer, Tom.

(Not to diverge too far from the topic, but...) Email is my primary function at work; I've got 25 email servers - about 16,000 users - and I'm blocking about 10 million pieces of spam mail per year now, and it's increasing roughly 30-40% per year.

How long have you had your email address? "Spidering" open web sites to gather email addresses is still done to a certain extent, but it's an "old school" technique, so maybe a recent email address is relatively "safer" from that perspective. For contrast, I've had the same email address for over 10 years, and that address is all over UseNet, and it's bastard children web pages DejaNews and Google News; I get approximately 350 pieces of spam email to that address per day.

The most common current ways of harvesting email addresses is via infected PCs, where the virus gathers the email addresses from someone's MS Outlook address book and sends 'em all home to Momma. Unless you never correspond with folks that use MS Outlook, or only with people that properly protect their PCs with anti-virus software (good luck with herding those cats) you will get on spammer lists eventually.

Back to my original point: I don't know why SCCA chose to put personal contact information behind a membership-only gateway. Frankly, I don't care. However, it's a DAMNED fine idea, and "best practices" for any kind of legitimate business. If your organization is comfy with putting your email address "out there" for all the world to see (assuming there's no graphics or otherwise to keep a computer from recognizing as such) then I suppose it's their prerogative, but it's a bad, poor practice.

And, you WILL get hammered eventually. Count on it. - GA

tom_sprecher
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
maybe it's just the way I use my email.

My current address is about 4 years old and the previous goes back to '96. I only use my "business" email address for "business" i.e., work and SCCA and it is listed on the above mentioned web pages. Any other internet stuff (forums, ebay, shopping, whatever) I use a yahoo address.

I do not have any facts but I would gather that a large portion of my customers use Outlook. Since my customers range in size from the very small to very large I can not tell for sure.

The password is a great idea for forums, clubs or intra-company correspondence but you can understand why it could discourage a potential customer wanting additional information, a phone call or visit from me. I know it discourages me from doing the same if required by a web site. Lacking the time to fool with registering just to sent an email I move on to the next provider of the product or service I am lookiing for. This is generally not good for sales. ;)

Funny thing is my wife, who has had her address the same amount of time with the same ISP and does not have it listed on any website, but uses it for all correspondence because she does not use a yahoo secondary one like I do gets tons of spam everyday. Maybe that's how you get hammered. Maybe the smart spammers ignore yahoo, msn or hotmail type addresses.

Or maybe not. :blink:

To get back on track it's great to hear you're on the ITAC Kirk. Just ignore any "Rules Nerd" stuff I said before, if I said any, that is.

dickita15
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I get 20 or so a day some in what looks like Russian but most for cheap drugs and penis enlargement. I sure hope it is not because they know something.

lateapex911
01-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I get 20 or so a day some in what looks like Russian but most for cheap drugs and penis enlargement. I sure hope it is not because they know something.

Really!?!? That's odd, I have never gotten anything for penis enlargement...car parts, oh yeah, house parts, you betcha, but never anything for penis enlargement....odd.....

erlrich
01-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Really!?!? That's odd, I have never gotten anything for penis enlargement...car parts, oh yeah, house parts, you betcha, but never anything for penis enlargement....odd.....
Could it be that even the spambots know when it's hopeless :)

(sorry Jake, but someone had to swing at that one...)

JamesB
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
dont swing too hard, you might break his beans.

lateapex911
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
touche, lol. Live by the sword, die by the sword....
(Something the Packers know all too well.)

JamesB
01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Or live by the dagger in some cases.

planet6racing
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
(Something the Packers know all too well.)

HEY!!! Now knock that off!!! There's enough salt in the wound already (mostly because it has snowed and they put a bunch of salt down, but... :D )

lateapex911
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Nobody will fault my Packer faith...since I was born, nearly, I have suffered (mostly) and celebrated (occasionally) the Packers ups and downs. That was, sadly, not the game they were capable of playing. They deserved to lose. How it was 20- 20 was beyond me. And trust me, i hate saying that.

Greg Amy
01-23-2008, 08:43 PM
touche, lol. Live by the sword, die by the sword...
Or pocketknife, whatever the case may be...

gsbaker
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Jake needs a bigger, uh, avatar.

gran racing
01-23-2008, 11:11 PM

I think it's all dependent upon the websites one visits. :p

lateapex911
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I think it's all dependent upon the websites one visits. :p

So, Dave, you are saying that big brother is watching, and that Mr Patullo is looking for a bigger stick?

ddewhurst
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
*** How it was 20- 20 was beyond me.***

Field goals, it could well have been IIRC 36-20.