PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen suspension

monsterbronco
01-11-2008, 11:21 AM
i have a problem with the rear lower shock bolt loosening due to vibration during track days. ive tried locktight and that helped but not for long. im looking into saftey wiring the bolt in place now and was just looking for suggestions as to what to wire it to.

thanks

C. Ludwig
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
It's odd you're having that problem. Never heard of such a thing. At any rate, it shouldn't be a big deal to safety wire the bolt to the shock. It's really the only thing in the neighborhood to get a hold of.

monsterbronco
01-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks, i was thinking my only option was the shock. Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

Andy Bettencourt
01-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I saw in your other post that you plan on running NASA and moving up through their ranks. One thing to consider before any additional modifications is the PT classification.

Add up all your points and see where you fall. I do not know if an ITS RX-7 is a solid choice there. You may want to upgrade/downgrade your car / points in order to be competitive. No matter if you choose NASA or SCCA, become familiar with the rulebooks asap.

monsterbronco
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Andy
thanks, ive have not thought much about running PT. but now with the NASA contingency offered by mazda it may be in the future. i know that in its current state the car falls into TTD but im not sure how well TT correlates to PT

I had another suspension question.

spring rates. currently the car has an isc suspensioin with the nonadjstable bilsteins and 400#front 250# rear spring rates. from pictures the car seems looks to still have a decent amount of roll in the front. what would be a good spring rate to jump upto, or should i stay with what i have now?

thanks
Wes

mbuskuhl
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
but now with the NASA contingency offered by mazda

Wes,

I've only seen rumors on this except for the Championships. Do you have other info?

Thanks.

Mark

Edit: Wes, enable your PM if you'd like, I was trying to send you a message and it doesn't look like it's turned on.

mbuskuhl
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Wes,

I've only seen rumors on this except for the Championships. Do you have other info?

Thanks.

Mark

Edit: Wes, enable your PM if you'd like, I was trying to send you a message and it doesn't look like it's turned on.

I missed it. Here it is... http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html

All along I've been checking Mazdaspeed and they still have 2007 up.

monsterbronco
01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah NASA released the news a few days ago.

racingralph
01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
wes , we run isc stuff too . have the front shocks rebuilt and made 20-25% stronger , both compession & rebound . also if you have the speedway type sway bar , you can move the links up on the arms (shorter). this will act as a stiffer swaybar to hold the car in the middle of the corner . this works for us.