PDA

View Full Version : Regional/ Divisional Drivers' School

toddgreene
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
It appears I may not be ready in time for my division's (Sediv) school later this month at Roebling.
However, Middiv has a school in March at Memphis Motorsports Park.

Can I attend the Middiv school but race in Sediv?

Thanks,

Todd

spnkzss
01-02-2008, 12:50 PM
A SCCA accredited school is a SCCA accredited school. As long as it is put on by SCCA it counts towards your SCCA license.

RacerBill
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
No problem! I did my schools in NE Div. and race in Great Lakes ( then part of Cindiv).

toddgreene
01-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks Guys...

I can breath a little easier.
I may now have time to tighten all the bolts.

Todd

Ron Earp
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Remember the Roebling school is a double school which means you get your license that weekend. Is the Middiv a double? If not you'll have to attend two single schools to get your license.

Ron

Speed Raycer
01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
IIRC, the MiDiv school is a double

While you wont get your license that weekend, you will get both of your required schools (assuming all goes well) and 1 of your 2 required races.

JeffYoung
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Todd, there is a privately run, but SCCA-accredited, double driver's school at VIR in March. Check the VIR website for specifics, PM me if you can't find it.

Cost is a bit higher -- $1000 -- but you may save money on the tow.

Ron Earp
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM

While you wont get your license that weekend, you will get both of your required schools (assuming all goes well) and 1 of your 2 required races.
[/b]

True, my bad. I meant Novice Permit.

tom_sprecher
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM

[/b]

What? Do they run a sanctioned race as well as a double school? Sounds like a busy weekend.

keycom
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
What? Do they run a sanctioned race as well as a double school? Sounds like a busy weekend.
[/b]

Fri-Sat-Sun in the case of Memphis. March 14-15-16.

Speed Raycer
01-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Very busy weekend. A crew is manditory as you will be way too busy w/all of the track sessions, class sessions, instructor gab sessions etc... or at least thats the way it was when STL hosted theirs.

steve b
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Todd, there is a privately run, but SCCA-accredited, double driver's school at VIR in March. Check the VIR website for specifics, PM me if you can't find it.

Cost is a bit higher -- $1000 -- but you may save money on the tow.
[/b]

Jeff,

Is that the FAASST school? I think my boss is going to go to that one, but I didn't know it was a double.

JeffYoung
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Steve's right -- I just double checked the website. Counts for a single SCCA school.

tom_sprecher
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Fri-Sat-Sun in the case of Memphis. March 14-15-16.
[/b]

The double DS at Roebling is Thursday @ 2 thru the end of the day Sunday. It's the only way you get the "required" 6 hours of track time at a double school. There are 5 lap "races" on Sat & Sun but I do not believe they count toward the two races needed to get your Regional license.

There definitely is no time to run a regional the same weekend that's for sure.

Gary Gentry
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
The "races" that are run at the Roebling double school do not count toward the races required for a regional license....they are still alot of fun though. The Roebling double school is, in my experience (that includes having been through it twice) very well organized and worth every penny. I will echo the sentiments, expressed herein, that there is not much time to be fooling around with a car that is being temperamental or is otherwise not ready "to go" the weekend.

JGreen
01-10-2008, 09:03 PM
There is a double driver school at Nelson Ledges in April. It is put on by the Great Lakes Division. Check the GLD website or Nelson Ledges website for the date.

cafcwest
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM

[/b]

Anyone confirm whether or not the Memphis event is a double weekend?

Gary L
01-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Anyone confirm whether or not the Memphis event is a double weekend? [/b] It is currently listed as such on the MiDiv website... a three day affair, apparently.

http://www.midiv.org/Code/Calendar.htm

bldn10
01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Todd, this is the school for you! :eclipsee_steering:
We don't have the forms yet but it is a double school on Fri. and Sat. and Regional race on Sun.
If you don't already have it, you need to get your Novice Permit from your home Region.

toddgreene
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Bill,

Memphis is the plan.
I have my permit and just got the logbook and tech this past weekend.

I sent Phil Harris a note to send me the forms when available.
Please keep my contact info and let me know as well when registration begins.

Thanks again,

Todd