PDA

View Full Version : What's Y'all Doin??

moto62
01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Happy New Year everyone. I haven&#39;t been on here for quite some time now and I was just browsing through the classifieds only to see quite a few number of ITA cars for sale. Would anyone care to disclose future plans or any particular reasons, done racing, car too expensive to maintain, car too slow, car too fast (like that ever happens <_< ), just want to try something else, miata fever, etc.

BRAD BARNHOUSE
01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Ray,
I was wondering where you went. I met you a couple of years ago at the glen. I have the black civic with the green around the bottom. You were fast. Life gets in the way sometimes and priorities take over. I&#39;ve done all I can do with this tired civic and everything else in ita seems like a lateral move at this point so I&#39;m thinking maybe a T-3 Mustang just for something different.
Brad

Greg Amy
01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
"Ray Lee Chee"..."Ray Lee Chee..." Name rings a bell...

<grin>

As for us, as others probably know, the NX2000 is sold, and we&#39;re embarking on a joint effort with Jeremy Billiel in his ITS Acura Integra GS-R. We&#39;ll give it a "go" in ITS for &#39;08, with the option to re-engine for the &#39;09 VIN change rule. Decision on that will be based on what we learn in &#39;08. Kakashi regulars Crazy Joe and Jacked-Up Jeff are firm commitments in ITA; in fact, I think they&#39;re brushing up their "I&#39;m gonna run into each other" skills via email as we type.

I&#39;ve heard of several local ITA runners talking about moving to greener pastures, but nothing is firm on that.

C&#39;mon back, my friend, and let&#39;s see what shakes this year! Is Manny coming back for a full year, too?

dickita15
01-01-2008, 06:53 PM
"Ray Lee Chee"..."Ray Lee Chee..." Name rings a bell...
[/b]

Ray Lee Chee, isn’t the “well built Asian cartographer “from the Lisa Gardner novel? :D

Dude we miss ya.

Do you hear Narrc is running IT7 this year.

Andy Bettencourt
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
... just want to try something else, miata fever, etc. [/b]

Ray!!!!!
We miss ya! You are welcome to a session in my car at any test day you want.

Greg Amy
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
You are welcome to a session in my car at any test day you want.[/b]
I think he&#39;s offering those as examples of why OTHER people are moving out of ITA.

Though it would be fun to see him do some laps in your car...

almracing
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Ray Lee Chee, isn’t the “well built Asian cartographer “from the Lisa Gardner novel? :D
[/b]

Dick - You beat me to the shameless plug! Thanks! :023:

Who is heading out of ITA? I plan to be there again this year with the CRX. It was refreshing to not have to put the car back together this season.

Tkczecheredflag
01-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Ray Lee - How are you friend? I still have those half shafts for the Teg, new and in the box from the Stamford store - but they are ready to go if and when we need them.

We&#39;re stayin&#39; around "A" again for this year. Not sure what we are planning to run (to NARRC or not to NARRC - that is the question?) We are in the process of freshening things up for &#39;08 - I figured after 14 race weekends I should take a wrench to the car. :D

I&#39;m still tryin&#39; to stay out of all the fast cars way.

How are things in Oxford? Hope all is well.

Andy Bettencourt
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think he&#39;s offering those as examples of why OTHER people are moving out of ITA.

Though it would be fun to see him do some laps in your car...
[/b]

Yup...just wanted to show him why everyone&#39;s doing it! Actually, not many are really building ITA Miata&#39;s, just double dipping in SM&#39;s...but Ray is an &#39;ole Mazda guy so I figgered he might be into it...:)

moto62
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice to hear from everyone. Wow Brad! That&#39;s a heck of a step up. Tim! I know u like to run up front. Get the lead out bro and let&#39;s go. Hey Anthony! I still have those stickers on the car. I&#39;ve yet to read the book. I should probably read it to get to understand the "well built Aisian" thing :P. AB! Thanks for the offer. I just may have to take u up on it....not that I&#39;m going to the dark side , or anything like that, but at least i&#39;ll get to see/feel what one of dem dear meotters are like. Mr. Patullo! Sheppard Dan told me about the IT7 thing and it sounded very interesting. Hmmm...Classifieds??? Naahhh. Grega! U finally going to drive a real car. Too bad it is not in A. Well at least these threads won&#39;t turn into a Greg vs Andy thing :dead_horse: :lol: Manuel and I will try to come out for a few more adventures for &#39;08. The one race weekend a year is driving me nuts, not to mention the whole getting old thing. Wise man say, if it itches, scratch it. Hope to see y&#39;all soon.

JLawton
01-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I&#39;m not sure why Richie was trying to sell (does anyone know if it&#39;s gone?), maybe to concentrate on his ITB car.

But I have to say, last year was some GREAT racing!! I had a blast. AND, the stewards never yelled at us for being too aggressive!! :D

Although Andy usually blew all our doors in, after that it was a crap shoot on the finishing order, and all different types of cars. Good stuff, come back and join the fun!! :023:

moto62
01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
..... come back and join the fun!! :023:
[/b]

We (Kimmie & I ) are certainly going to find our way back to the racing scene, even if it&#39;s for just a few races. Last couple years, we only did the Fun one at the Glen. Reason being the bang for the buck, and it being a double, took care of the two race requirement to keep di ole license. We are going to do more local events ($xcept LRP) just so we can come out and mingle with all the folks. I think we miss that the most. Rock on man! :birra:

dominojd
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Happy New Year everyone. I haven&#39;t been on here for quite some time now and I was just browsing through the classifieds only to see quite a few number of ITA cars for sale. Would anyone care to disclose future plans or any particular reasons, done racing, car too expensive to maintain, car too slow, car too fast (like that ever happens <_< ), just want to try something else, miata fever, etc.
[/b]

Rumor has it since you haven&#39;t been around the particpation #&#39;s have dropped. :D Come on old man bring that TEG out will show ya what ITA has turned into in your absence. :P

side note: never did find any stock SE-R springs I may have a set for ya soon if you still need them.

Well at least these threads won&#39;t turn into a Greg vs Andy thing :dead_horse: :lol: [/b]

Give it a chance the thread is only 12 posts long. Greg / Andy someone has to have something to say? :D

Andy Bettencourt
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I am sure Hunter will be back as I saw his car at the paint shop the other day, Tim looks like he will as well. Rick is the only other question as far as &#39;up for sale&#39; cars go. Come on out! Double at WGI this year. Bring your action to the NARRC Runoffs too!

Tkczecheredflag
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I heard that Richie H might focus his attentions on "B", although I might be confusing that with Rick B.

I&#39;m sure CPM Motorsports will shake the snow off the car at NHIS in April, and hopefully we will know what we are doing for the rest of the season by then.

I think Carol hit the lottery - she keeps kicking the tires on a Toter and speaks of long journey&#39;s to far away lands like VIR, RA, Mid-Ohio, Beaver Run, NCS, and the like. Ya gotta love her. :rolleyes:

Any color change for the #9 Integra?

Doc Bro
01-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I think Carol hit the lottery - she keeps kicking the tires on a Toter and speaks of long journey&#39;s to far away lands like VIR, RA, Mid-Ohio, Beaver Run, NCS, and the like. Ya gotta love her. :rolleyes:

[/b]

Am I too old (and married) to have a crush?????

R

Andy Bettencourt
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Am I too old (and married) to have a crush?????

R [/b]

Get to the back of the line Bimmer-boy!

:)

cpm motorsports
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Okay, here&#39;s the deal. To my &#39;suitors&#39; out there, my driver Tim :eclipsee_steering: , is bringing over yet more Christmas presents tonight to celebrate last season. So any of you wise men who want to follow the star to my barn, crashers are welcome. (Joe, don&#39;t take that literally.) :unsure:
Come bearing gifts. Rum pa pum pum. :D

lateapex911
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Trading Rum for a Toter?

I&#39;d buy 1 of EACh kind of rum for that deal!

Come bearing gifts. Rum pa pum pum. :D [/b]

Trading Rum for a Toter?

I&#39;d buy 1 of EACh kind of rum for that deal!

Doc Bro
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Get to the back of the line Bimmer-boy!

[/b]

Easy does it AB.....or I&#39;ll sick Greg on you!!!!

R

Greg Amy
01-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Somebody rang...?

moto62
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Awwww dang it. Rob! This is your fault. They are gonna start, I can feel it :P

Tkczecheredflag
01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Okay, here&#39;s the deal. To my &#39;suitors&#39; out there, my driver Tim :eclipsee_steering: , is bringing over yet more Christmas presents tonight to celebrate last season. So any of you wise men who want to follow the star to my barn, crashers are welcome. (Joe, don&#39;t take that literally.) :unsure:
Come bearing gifts. Rum pa pum pum. :D
[/b]
Fellas (and Ladies) - The 9th day of Christmas giving went well last night. :114:

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A generous CPM to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the before her feet, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Her, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we run.

Then she smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my One, One - pa rum pum pum pum.

Suitors - keep peddlin&#39; :rolleyes:

Doc Bro
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Fellas (and Ladies) - The 9th day of Christmas giving went well last night. :114:

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A generous CPM to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the before her feet, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Her, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we run.

Then she smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my one, one - pa rum pum pum pum.

Suitors - keep peddlin&#39; :rolleyes:
[/b]

Hey Tim,

Just wait till I play the free dental care for life trump card......keep singing....

R

lateapex911
01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Timmy will just play the "Free for life house painting card".

.........have you priced out a good paint job on a Victorian lately?

cpm motorsports
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Timmy will just play the "Free for life house painting card".

.........have you priced out a good paint job on a Victorian lately?
[/b]
Jake,

Got that covered. ;)

But the reality is, if you&#39;ve ever seen his work, you know it&#39;s priceless - not to mention the extras. :rolleyes:

lateapex911
01-04-2008, 01:45 PM
ohhh boy...LOL.
I&#39;m out!

Timmy, looks like you&#39;ve got a fun season ahead!