PDA

View Full Version : Entry Fees

mbuskuhl
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Entry fees are bugging me. What do you guys normally pay for a double regional (R/R) weekend?

We have a R/R which will include (1) qualifier and (1) race each on Sat and Sun later this month at Motorsport Ranch Houston (MSRH) a no frills track. Entry fee is $350 for both days.

Three weeks later, NASA has a Sat/Sun event at the same track that runs $305 and includes (1) practice, (2) qualifiers and (3) races for a total of 6 sessions. So much for being a "for profit" company because they seem to do it cheaper than the "club".

Friday test day is $250 with either organization as it's put on by MSRH.

Is $350 getting up there for a R/R? Heck, in February the Regional/Restricted Regional is $360 at a worn out Texas World Speedway. Is this in line with the other parts of the country?

Kolin Aspegren
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Double national at homestead is $620.00. I'm on the fence out of principle.

K

924Guy
12-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Holy Schnikes! The ARRC was only $250 for the sprint race...

Around here (Midwest - OH/MI area) double regionals seem to go for around $250... of course, good luck finding a job to pay for it. Then again, the housing market really is great for the buyers, if you're looking to move in! LOL

seckerich
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
A little short on track time for that price. Count on a double at most tracks running a little over $300. Nationals have tow funds,points fund, and other fees not associated with a regional. I am sure your region pays some money to a points fund. Track rental and associated fees are a big factor as well as expected car counts. Someone who draws 200 cars can charge less than those that draw less. Fixed cost is the big factor.

JoshS
12-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Out here in San Francisco Region, in 2007 our entry fees for doubles ranged from $365 at club-owned Thunderhill to $470 at Laguna Seca. Infineon Raceway is a little cheaper than Laguna Seca.

mbuskuhl
12-31-2007, 08:17 PM
I am sure your region pays some money to a points fund.
[/b]

MSR Houston is sponsoring a point series, 5 weekends which consist of 2 R/R's and 3 R/N's. Most won't go to the R/N's unless local. Winner gets an embroidered jacket and if you run all 5 weekends you get 2 test and tune days. Not sure how much if anything SCCA contributed. Other than that, it's bragging rights throughout the SOWDIV.

Car counts are not near 200, closer to 120 which is similar to a NASA race. Nationals don't draw that many more entrants. I couldn't find an entry form last year but did confirm a R/RR at the same track was $295. It seems prices are/have gone up.

Pricing seems to vary throughout the country. What bugs me is that NASA puts on the same race with about the same entrants but with more track time for around 15% less and it's a for profit organization. $300 seems like a fair price for a 2 day weekend considering we don't have any Laguna Seca's, Mid O's, VIR's, Sebring or cool tracks like that. Anybody hear of "great" tracks in Texas?