PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Out of Regionals??

jay05
12-22-2007, 12:37 PM
SCCA just came out with 2008 Contingency Program. It shows that Kumho and Hankook are the only Regional tire sponsors. Is this true? If so, sweet! Now maybe everyone will switch t Kumhos since I could never afford the "faster" Hossier. And it will prove how slow I actually am on a level playing field.

dj10
12-22-2007, 02:18 PM
SCCA just came out with 2008 Contingency Program. It shows that Kumho and Hankook are the only Regional tire sponsors. Is this true? If so, sweet! Now maybe everyone will switch t Kumhos since I could never afford the "faster" Hossier. And it will prove how slow I actually am on a level playing field. [/b]

Dear Jay05,

This is Santa, I am just using my friends login name, he doesn't know it cause he's sleeping. How about a little advice since I am unable to provide you with a set of "B!%%@" for Christmas. Get off your as#, into the car and WORK A LOT HARDER next year on your driving skills. No matter what tire you are on, push it to it's max! If you don't know it by now, most people would have bought the Hoosier tire no matter what and the fast guys will beat you no matter what tire they run.

SANTA CLAUS :snow_cool:

dickita15
12-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I knew it.

I knew it.

I knew Santa was a prick.

:114:

RSTPerformance
12-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I think for whatever reason Hoosier generally sponsors at the local level rather than nationaly... I don't get it,but I think that is how it has always been. For me its never been an issue and I have always been treated great by Hoosier :)

Raymond

PS: Santa... thanks for all the snow!!! my back is tired from shoveling so you can stop now :snow_cool:

dj10
12-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I knew Santa was a prick.

:114:
[/b]

HEY DICK!

HO HO HO!! May an excited Yak tailgate your sister. :023:

MERRY CHRISTMAS but your getting a F$(&^@ lump of bituminous coal!

SANTA CLAUS

dickita15
12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS but your getting a F$(&^@ lump of bituminous coal!

SANTA CLAUS
[/b]
well better than last year. :D

Greg Amy
12-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't think Hoosier was ever *in* Regionals. None that I saw, anyway, except for contingency sponsorship for the ARRC. Any deals that exist out there, such as Northeast Racing's up here, were purely local/regional distributors offering stuff... - GA

dj10
12-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't think Hoosier was ever *in* Regionals. None that I saw, anyway, except for contingency sponsorship for the ARRC. Any deals that exist out there, such as Northeast Racing's up here, were purely local/regional distributors offering stuff... - GA
[/b]

HO HO HO! Give this guy a cigar. He is absolutely correct, same as Central Division Hoosier Dristributors, these are local contingencies only.

SANTA C.

trhoppe
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Yea, Hoosier never had Regional. The SE one is done by Appalachian Tire for example.

Looking at Hankook's contingency, and the fact that Appalachian carries them, I think I'm going to be trying them next year.

-Tom

Dave Burchfield
12-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I for one could care less if Hoosier has anything to do with Regional Racing after the way they treated me last season. Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring. When I called to have them delivered to the track, the "new" manager said "those tires were delivered when they were paid for at the track and it is your responsibility to prove that they were not."

My letter of frustration went to Bruce Foss with no response.

I suspect someone got a new set of tires for Christmas.

fastbenz
12-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Many yrs knowing Bruce, He is a Real Prick

JLawton
12-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I for one could care less if Hoosier has anything to do with Regional Racing after the way they treated me last season. Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring. When I called to have them delivered to the track, the "new" manager said "those tires were delivered when they were paid for at the track and it is your responsibility to prove that they were not."

My letter of frustration went to Bruce Foss with no response.

I suspect someone got a new set of tires for Christmas.
[/b]

That REALLY sucks!!

We're fortunate to have two great sources for Hoosiers. Both great guys who are always willing help you out. Of course, one gives you all sorts of sh*t after but it's worth it!! :lol:

lateapex911
12-23-2007, 01:35 PM
yea, my experience with Hoosier dealers has been great recently. Now that Bob Smart is running Northeast tire, things are a LOT better there. (The old boss was less than nice. I always felt he was doing me a favor just taking my money). And Phils Tire Service was perfect to deal with when we were in Ohio this summer. And Appallation at the ARRCs. Wow. Yup....I've been lucky!

JeffYoung
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
It's Appalachian. Like my alma mater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

lateapex911
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Um. yea. Ack..I really screwed that one, LOL.

JeffYoung
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
No problem dude -- I was actually just using your post to put that silly vid from ASU up. ASU Hot Hot Hot! Man am I proud of that!

Back to Appalachian Race Tire -- their website still show the regional contingency for next year, and they are great, great guys to deal with. I will pay more for tires from them just do to the support they give at the track, and it isn't that much more anyway

IPRESS
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I am thinking that in MidWestDIV that three regional Hoosier dealers sponsor a contingency deal for Regional Racers that buy tires from them. I am not sure how it works, but I was told it was available towards the end of last season.

What is the experience that you guys have had with Kuhmo (the company) and with their tires? Same question for Hankook?
I have been lucky enough to find tire deals on the Hoosier SM tire which was much cheaper then the regular R6. Not sure if that tire is still around, so if i am going to be spending a lot more the contingency might make a difference.

tom91ita
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
haven't dealt with Hoosier lately but if i were to buy them, i would definately be doing it with Phil's Tire Service.

top notch work and trustworthy as well.

no one works harder at the track than Phil and his wife/crew!

tom_sprecher
12-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring.[/b]

Out of curiosity why would you do something like that?

Greg Amy
12-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Out of curiosity why would you do something like that?[/b]
My guess would be to take advantage of better pricing from the prior year?

I'd not tar the entire organization with such a brush, though. I got a set of tires from Hoosier (Indiana factory) on contingency after the '06 ARRC, and they agreed to let me accept delivery the following March; I had no difficulties. Granted, a different situation, but I'd lay the blame with "MidWest" not Indiana.

Side note: Phil Phillips also sells Hankooks. And, in comparing our ARRC data - DiMinno on Hankooks and me on Hoosiers - I'm not so convinced about Hoosier's invulnerability. Couple that to significant differences in pricing and SIGNIFICANT differences in contingency, and the decision isn't so easy.

However, Hankook had some inventory supply issues this year, which I've been personally assured they are addressing for '08.

Another thing that keeps me bouncing back and forth to Hoosiers is support. Bob Smart of Northeast racing is at all of our SCCA events, and the crusty rat b*****d does everyone good. Then you've got Phil Phillips at all the NASA events. It really does suck having two organizations that I consider personal friends, both in the local area supplying tires. In that regard, we're truly blessed up here in the northeast. - GA

Dave Burchfield
12-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Why would I do that?

I won 2 tires at the worker party at the last event of the year and was concerned that the gift certificate might be expired the following Spring when I would need the tires. I figured that if I went ahead and pre pay for the other 2, I would seal the deal. Also, I figured fresh tires in the spring would be better than tires stored over the winter.

I won't make that mistake again. From this point forward, I will only order from someone that I KNOW I can trust.

JLawton
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
And Appallation at the
[/b]

Hey Jake, do you have spell check or Firefox?? :P

Come on Joe, I expected you to be all over him!!

R2 Racing
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey Jake, do you have spell check or Firefox?? :P

Come on Joe, I expected you to be all over him!!
[/b]
burn... :D

At all of the Great Lakes Division events, Midwest Hoosier is generally there. Yea, they've been a minor pain in the ass to deal with before, but on average, I haven't had much trouble with them. They're the one's who sponsor our regional Hoosier contingency, not Hoosier themselves. However, I've had to go directly to Hoosier before when Midwest was trying to screw me once. I had some left over contingency free tire certificates at the end of one season and tried to use them at the beginning of the next season. They didn't like that, but Hoosier took care of it. Now, when it comes to dealing with Midwest, I get my hands on "my" tires as quickly as I can. Even if I have to store them in my basement all winter (like this winter), I don't care.

dj10
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Bob Smart of Northeast racing is at all of our SCCA events, and the crusty rat b*****d does everyone good. - GA
[/b]

Ahhhh I can feel the love! :D Smarty is unique :114: .

Racerlinn
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
"Hoosier Dave" is no longer with Midwest as a lot of folks already know. The joint has gone downhill fast since he left under not so happy circumstances. My wife saw him a few weeks ago and he indicated he was working on some new angles to return to the business with someone else.

JLawton
12-24-2007, 01:52 PM
You guys from the Midwest need to order from Phil. He doesn't mind shipping. You won't be disappointed. :023:

thedemoguy
01-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier.

Now I'll have to look at the other tire contingency programs.
Who has the best tire contingency deal now, I know we can get the car to work with just about any tire.

philstireservice
01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
That REALLY sucks!!

We're fortunate to have two great sources for Hoosiers. Both great guys who are always willing help you out. Of course, one gives you all sorts of sh*t after but it's worth it!! :lol:
[/b]

Hey Jeff, I never give you any shit. I save it all for Greg and little for Joe ....LOL

On a serious note. I'm thankful to be doing something I truly love. To deal with friends and help when we can, is all part of the enjoyment. So when Kim and I are busting our buns in the sweltering summer heat, at Mid Ohio or some other venue, and you come over to us and ask "Are my tires ready ? " and we both spin around and snarl, grumble and say No !!!, please know that we love you guys dearly ...:)

hehehehehe ...just kidding

terryg
01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
" Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier"

We haven't turned our backs on anyone. We don't know why the SCCA didn't have us listed as a Regional
Contingency Sponser, but we are still continuing the same program we have had in the past. If you need
more information on the program, just call or email us and we'll be more than happy to send you out the
regional contingency information.
As far as Mr. Burchfield's comments, all we asked for was a copy of the receipt that stated the tires were
purchased and paid for in advance, which he could not supply. We went through all the event paperwork from the race that he said the transaction took place, and had no record of it. If I had "prepaid" for a set of tires I would at least have a receipt to substaniate it with.

Terry Gilvin
Road Race Product Manager
Hoosier Tire Midwest-Plymouth
574/936-8344
[email protected]
[email protected]

thedemoguy
01-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Boy thats good news... :026:
I was getting nervous, I really like the Hoosier tires and with them on my car "I'M INVINCIBLE" :smilie_pokal:

So,.. all of you that like to buy cheaper tires,...you know the ones on sale that last a long time..lol
keep it up and I thank you very much, because it makes it that much easier for me to win...lol

Hoosier tires Rule the track... :035:
and your tires suck... :023:

This is a pic of the Hoosier Chick
[attachmentid=1278]

gran racing
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
So Bill, you gonna back that talk up and attend the Mid Ohio IT Spectacular with you ITB car? :biggrinsanta:

Dave Burchfield
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Terry,

I had and still have a copy of the receipt and offered it but the issue of my possession of a receipt did not seem to be an issue at that point in time. The response to me was that it was incumbent upon me to PROVE that I did not take delivery of the tires at the track which is impossible. I will be happy to provide that receipt for you just as I had offered previously.

It is possible that the context of the telephone conversation escapes you, but it remains quite vivid in my memory.

Please contact me off list if you wish to further explore this.

Dave Burchfield

JoshS
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
" Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier"

We haven't turned our backs on anyone. We don't know why the SCCA didn't have us listed as a Regional
Contingency Sponser, but we are still continuing the same program we have had in the past. If you need
more information on the program, just call or email us and we'll be more than happy to send you out the
regional contingency information.
[/b]

You probably aren't listed because SCCA doesn't manage your program, and it's not available to all regional competitors ... only ones in the Midwest, right?

Hoosier (the main company) does not offer a regional contingency. They never have. My understanding is that some local distributors are offering contingencies, but those are not Hoosier, they are independent.

I just exchanged some e-mail with Terry here to confirm, and yes, they don't offer any contingency outside of their region.

thedemoguy
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Dave
I tried to get to Mid Ohio in 07 but it just didn't work out, but definitely in 08.
I've heard there are a lot of good drivers down there, one of them, can't remember the number but a black VW, raced with me at Nelson and he was very good,... gave me a run for my money he won Saturday, me 2nd and I won Sunday with him right on my bumper...he was a very good driver and I'm told he has the track record at Mid Ohio.
Now remember I'm new to the SCCA, so you guys need to take it easy on me...lol