PDA

View Full Version : January Fast Track

Andy Bettencourt
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/08-...ck-jan-club.pdf (http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/08-fastrack-jan-club.pdf)

JoshS
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/08-...ck-jan-club.pdf (http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/08-fastrack-jan-club.pdf)
[/b]

For whatever reason, downloads appear to be locked right now. I got the e-mail this morning but can't download.

Were you able to download it?

EDIT: Sorry -- it's working again!

Greg Amy
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Ah, my favorite time in IT.com-land...!

Ron Earp
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Not much IT specific.

Now I KNOW I wrote one of the four ECU letters received and my name ain't Wire, so that means only two more letters were sent in support? After all the 10s of pages of posts written on this site about ECUs and only four total letters to the BOD? Seems a lot of folks talk a lot of talk but not many actually put pen to paper.

Ron

Greg Amy
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
- Fees for GCR 8.1.4 pre-approval/clarification on technical items cut in half...
- SFI-approval on driver's suits *NOT* required for '08, but...
- SFI approval on driver's suit required effective 1/1/09 (so much for "this is not what was intended" talk...)

HAH! I love this one: they're already (surprise!) waiving the maximum number of races at the Runoffs to allow low-participation classes to go. However, GT-3 got the "yes" but GP got the "NO"!

planet6racing
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Not much IT specific.

Now I KNOW I wrote one of the four ECU letters received and my name ain't Wire, so that means only two more letters were sent in support? After all the 10s of pages of posts written on this site about ECUs and only four total letters to the BOD? Seems a lot of folks talk a lot of talk but not many actually put pen to paper.

Ron
[/b]

It was approved by the BOD last FasTrack. Not much point in writing a support/hate letter now...

Plus, mine went in awhile ago.

Andy Bettencourt
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Not much IT specific.

Ron [/b]

Typically people only write in once. So if they sent in a objection or some support already, they often don't re-write.

Gregg
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I found it funny that they were already looking for ways to skirt their recently watered-down formula for excluding classes from the Runoffs. Add that the BoD passed a motion requesting the CRB "develop contingency plans for those classes that had 2007 participation levels from 20th to 24th, should they not happen to meet the criteria for an invitation to the 2009 Runoffs." What kind of contingency plan? Let them go anyhow (just like GT3)?

And it looks like the '08 MX-5 was added to SSB with the much discussed MS-R option. So which happened first--this tech bulletin or the COA rejection of that "option"?

Ron Earp
12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
- SFI-approval on driver's suits *NOT* required for '08, but...
- SFI approval on driver's suit required effective 1/1/09 (so much for "this is not what was intended" talk...)

HAH! I love this one: they're already (surprise!) waiving the maximum number of races at the Runoffs to allow low-participation classes to go. However, GT-3 got the "yes" but GP got the "NO"!
[/b]

So I have until 1/09 to sew the SFI approval onto my suit? My wife will be happy.

Ron

shwah
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM
GP did not meet the minimum numbers per event for a national class. However it appears that the probation period will be overlooked in this case as well.

As we all know, the rules are only there for the times that they make it easy for the BoD to explain thier actions. The rest of the time they can be easily ignored by the PTB.

It looks like we will be unexpectedly running a new engine development program and weight loss program in the production car.

MMiskoe
12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
BTW what is the typical turn around time for when letters get sent in vrs when they get acknowledged in the FT?

I didn't send any jack point letters in this month, but got recognized for doing so. I did send in a resume, but that didn't get noted.

Just curious.

Matt