PDA

View Full Version : 2008 North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge

JaxonMotorsports44
12-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey all,

It sure looks like 2008 is going to be a jam packed year for the NEDIV IT racers and with the development of the PRO IT series coming out of Jersey, the calendar is certainly going to offer a great deal of opportunity to run some highly contested events next season.

As a production car driver I wanted to make the NEDIV IT community aware that there is a new production car series coming as well in 2008. I am bringing this to your attention for 2-reasons.

(1) if any one running IT knows a prod racer that has a car sitting in the barn PLEASE let them know that the series will be running in 2008 and we would welcome their involvement.

(2) DP is a class that offers an opportunity for IT cars and possibly others to "double-dip" if desired, and the DP class will be actively included in the production car series.

I want to make it clear this is not an attempt to drive IT cars/drivers from what I consider a very healthy IT series but more of an opportunity for additional track time and enjoy the experience of running with another sub-set of SCCA racers. Of course any IT car can run DP and not be a part of the series, however any DP car running the North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge will be eligible to win a FREE entry fee to the 2008 ARRC. The sponsorship of this award will be finalized before the new year. Originally this award was to allow the driver to run the ARRC in DP, but after much consideration it was decided that the DP winner would be able to take the "award" and use it in the IT class of choice. e.g. an ITS car wins DP (series points), the ITS car can take the award to run the ARRC in ITS.

Again, I only ask to spread the word, and consider the series an addtitional option. Our website will be fully functional next week (12/17) but our home page is up and running now complete with a discussion forum, and the link is: www.production-car.com

Talk to you all later.

Jay R. Creel

Andy Bettencourt
01-10-2008, 05:17 PM
For those IT racers who want to Double Dip in DP. A real opportunity to make some cash while getting some great seat time. Winner (I think) gets free entry at the ARRC they can use for any class...6 people can do it. Not sure why the limit but Jay would be able to tell us if it gets bigger.

************************************************** ***********************************************

Welcome to the North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge!!!!

The North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge has been created to grow participation in regional production car racing in the Northeast Division.

The purpose:
1. To grow regional production car racing in the NEDIV.
2. Increase car counts at select regional races and ultimately create more on-track competition.
3. Increase participation in NARRC scheduled events (where possible).
4. Improve communication among series drivers, to help maintain a level of participation that will grow both regional and national level production car racing.
5. Provide and exciting challenge series designed to support the regions and encourage competition.

Eligible classes will include: DP*, EP, FP, GP, HP, GTL
*DP will be limited to 6 competitors

The series has scheduled events at New Hampshire International Speedway, Lime Rock Park, Pocono Raceway, Watkins Glen International and New Jersey Motorsports Park. Additional events will be scheduled at Palmer Motorsports Park in 2009 when the track is completed.

The schedule for 2008 is set (less a couple possible changes) to run 10 events (best of-8 races count towards the championship) plus a season ending finale event scheduled on October 18-19 at New Jersey Motorsports Park. The schedule as it is set for 2008 is as follows:

April 12-13 New Hampshire
May 10-11 Pocono (double)
June 6-7 Lime Rock Park
June 21-22 Lirme Rock Park
July 26-27 Watkins Glen International (double -tentative as double)
Aug 23-24 New Jersey Motorsports Park
Sept 6-7 New Hampshire (double)

finale:
Oct 18-19 New Jersey Motorsports Park - "Production Car Shoot-Out"

Stay Tuned to this forum for more information regarding the series and how to join the fun!!!! If you are a production car racer or interest in production car racing please feel free to join and participate in the forum. This forum has been developed to encourage communication and the sharing of experiences among production car racers, it is not intended to be a forum for non-related items. The forum will be moderated and any content that is deemed inappropriate will be removed.

If you are interested in receiving an information package via email and/or regular mail please let me know and I will send that information along to you. It is with the participation of the drivers that will make this series a success.
#44 Jaxon Motorsports Triumph Spitfire
2006 GP NARRC Champion
email: [email protected] ([email protected])

************************************************** ************************************************

ed325its
01-10-2008, 08:09 PM
But...DP is not a Production car class.

wdether
01-10-2008, 08:49 PM
But...DP is not a Production car class.
[/b]

Ed,
This is my opinion on DP's inclusion, Jay Creel or Andy may correct me if I am wrong. I believe DP has been included in the NAPCC to introduce some IT drivers to Production class racing. Being around the production (and GTL) community may influence some IT drivers to make the jump to production (or GTL) racing. DP is in the same NARRC run group with GTL and the production classes. Also, as Andy said, it is a way to double dip during a race weekend.

Andy Bettencourt
01-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Ed,
This is my opinion on DP's inclusion, Jay Creel or Andy may correct me if I am wrong. I believe DP has been included in the NAPCC to introduce some IT drivers to Production class racing. Being around the production (and GTL) community may influence some IT drivers to make the jump to production (or GTL) racing. DP is in the same NARRC run group with GTL and the production classes. Also, as Andy said, it is a way to double dip during a race weekend.
[/b]

That is correct. It's a special opportunity afforded us as IT racers that has a mutual benefit.

JaxonMotorsports44
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Hey All,

DP is a class that was included in the NARRC series in 2007 and was grouped with big bore. In my mind it was an oversight or perhaps the expectation was that more ex-SPEED touring cars would be running, but instead the class evolved into the perfect place for IT guys to get addtional track time.

For 2008, the run group for production/ GTL included DP and I thought it was a perfect fit and allowed guys from ITA to get a chance to go head-to-head with an ITS guy if they wanted or an SM guy or what have you, plus as mentioned in this post, it is a chance for guys to get an opportunity to run with the production guys as well and perhaps develop a production car in the future. I think DP is the perfect class because it will allow guys with production based cars to run without the investment in changes necessary to comply with production rules.

When I first created the NAPCC I wanted to include DP and the cap of 6 cars was a soft cap, now there will be no cap on the number of DP entries. My goal is to bring as many cars to the run group as possible and create more on-track competition. I am excited about the response I have received regarding the series as whole and there has been a good number of inquiries for DP entries. Most of which are double-dippers, which is great for all involved. I do not intend to use DP as a way to thin out any IT class but rather offer an additional opportunity as Andy mentioned.

I see DP as a way for guys that may not otherwise get a chance at "knocking" Andy off the top of the mountain because of separate run groups as a way for them to bring the battle to the NAPCC and settle it on the track. It would be great to promote a "Bettencourt Vs. Amy" season long battle in DP, so I am hoping it will happen. And of course I welcome all other comers to make the battle even more exciting.

And Andy is correct, I have secured a sponsor to support a FREE entry to the 2008 ARRC for the DP series point winner. The winner will be able to use the award in the class of choice, so if the winner is an ITA driver, they can run the ARRC in ITA or DP. I will be announcing the sponsor near the time of the opening event at NHIS in April. I encourage any interested drivers to contact me at [email protected] and I will mail out a complete enrollment package if requested.

Complete information will be available shortly at www.production-car.com so stay tuned and feel free to contact me anytime.

Jeremy Billiel
01-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey All,

DP is a class that was included in the NARRC series in 2007 and was grouped with big bore. In my mind it was an oversight or perhaps the expectation was that more ex-SPEED touring cars would be running, but instead the class evolved into the perfect place for IT guys to get addtional track time.

For 2008, the run group for production/ GTL included DP and I thought it was a perfect fit and allowed guys from ITA to get a chance to go head-to-head with an ITS guy if they wanted or an SM guy or what have you, plus as mentioned in this post, it is a chance for guys to get an opportunity to run with the production guys as well and perhaps develop a production car in the future. I think DP is the perfect class because it will allow guys with production based cars to run without the investment in changes necessary to comply with production rules.

When I first created the NAPCC I wanted to include DP and the cap of 6 cars was a soft cap, now there will be no cap on the number of DP entries. My goal is to bring as many cars to the run group as possible and create more on-track competition. I am excited about the response I have received regarding the series as whole and there has been a good number of inquiries for DP entries. Most of which are double-dippers, which is great for all involved. I do not intend to use DP as a way to thin out any IT class but rather offer an additional opportunity as Andy mentioned.

I see DP as a way for guys that may not otherwise get a chance at "knocking" Andy off the top of the mountain because of separate run groups as a way for them to bring the battle to the NAPCC and settle it on the track. It would be great to promote a "Bettencourt Vs. Amy" season long battle in DP, so I am hoping it will happen. And of course I welcome all other comers to make the battle even more exciting.

And Andy is correct, I have secured a sponsor to support a FREE entry to the 2008 ARRC for the DP series point winner. The winner will be able to use the award in the class of choice, so if the winner is an ITA driver, they can run the ARRC in ITA or DP. I will be announcing the sponsor near the time of the opening event at NHIS in April. I encourage any interested drivers to contact me at [email protected] and I will mail out a complete enrollment package if requested.

Complete information will be available shortly at www.production-car.com so stay tuned and feel free to contact me anytime.
[/b]

Interesting.... Hmmm......

JaxonMotorsports44
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Which part??? LOL

I am assuming GOOD Interesting... :D

Seriously, 2008 should be a great year I am excited about all the initiatives for 2008 and the NAPCC is just another way to make it more enjoyable for all of us. Having season ending awards doesnt hurt either. :D

Jeremy, you going to be at the NER meeting on Saturday???

Jeremy Billiel
01-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Which part??? LOL

I am assuming GOOD Interesting... :D

Seriously, 2008 should be a great year I am excited about all the initiatives for 2008 and the NAPCC is just another way to make it more enjoyable for all of us. Having season ending awards doesnt hurt either. :D
Jeremy, you going to be at the NER meeting on Saturday???
[/b]

Yes I will be there...

Tkczecheredflag
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Jay - Registered at the NA Prod website - sent you and e-mail to call me - it got kicked back - couldn't PM you here. Erased your phone number on my cell by mistake.

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll be in touch.

JaxonMotorsports44
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I am pleased to announce that THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF THE NORTH-ATLANTIC PRODUCTION CAR CHALLENGE website. Today, February 15, 2008 is the official date the website has been released.

Please feel free to take a look around and post your comments regarding the site, series or interest in participating in DP.

Less than 2 months to go to the first race at NHIS.....

JaxonMotorsports44
02-15-2008, 05:57 PM
site address is www.production-car.com (http://www.production-car.com) :023:

JaxonMotorsports44
02-16-2008, 03:46 AM
I picked a bad day to release the website.. :cool: With LRP news, it is like A-Rod's trade talks during the World Series... Jeez.

Any whooo. The site is active, feel free to comment on LRP on that forum as well. I will be commenting as information comes available. I was at the NER meeting this past evening and have a general idea of what the investigation regarding a solution will look like.

I will post here and on the NAPCC as information becomes more concrete. I am sure Andy will be active on this board as well so everyone should be well informed of the plans.

gran racing
02-16-2008, 06:58 AM
How much balking would there be if a slightly older car were to enter than the GCR allows ('87)? In the past I've been told to just do it but wouldn't want to tow out to an event specifically for one of these and not be allowed to race.

dominojd
02-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey All,

Please stop! Andy and Greg already wear the largest helmets availible, we can't have their heads getting any bigger. :eek:

Andy Bettencourt
02-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Joey, Joey! DP should just be for fun and extra track time for us A, B and C guys. The R and S guys should mop the floor with us.

But with a new track in Jersey and some new pavement in CT, it will be worth it. Plus it will be cool to mix it up with the S cars on a track other than Pocono.

So many options this year. I plan on a few Pro IT races, a few DP races and a few ITA races. Cool!

JaxonMotorsports44
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
How much balking would there be if a slightly older car were to enter than the GCR allows ('87)? In the past I've been told to just do it but wouldn't want to tow out to an event specifically for one of these and not be allowed to race.

Dave the regions have been very receptive to the concepts I have put together and the inclusion of DP was to allow IT cars, like Andy said, A,B,C,R,S to get a chance for extra track time. I believe that if all the competitors were OK with it, that it would not be too much of an issue. It is an additional entry fee and satisfied customer. I see DP as a class that will not have any cars in it if the IT folks aren't entering, as I am not aware of any DP specifically prepared cars at the regional level. In fact, I only know of a couple national level DP cars.