PDA

View Full Version : Last Race, Last Lap at Buttonwillow RP

Z3_GoCar
12-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I uploaded video to mySCCA page:

Buttonwillow 16ccw Sept07 (http://www.myscca.com/community/video/video.do?method=videoDetail&svideoId=I4NDcw)

I'm trying to keep up with the Firebird in front of me. I'm catching up in the corners and he puts car lengths on me in the straights, untill my last time through the chicane. In the last frame you can just see the dirt flying into the cockpit. I turned the brightness down as much as I effectivly can, but the contrast is still higher than my camera can take. I'll need to revise the camera set up anyway.

James

Z3_GoCar
12-05-2007, 01:57 AM
No one want to reply???

Well, I'll start it off then:

BMW Z3 race car...... $25,000

Factory Hard top....... $1,500

experiencing a tank-slap that
causes your race car to turn into
your first solo flight ........... Priceless :blink:

Do you think I can get roof flaps added to approved modfications? After all I don't care if I spin out, only that I'd like to prevent going airborne after I'm just along for the ride.

James

ddewhurst
12-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh, $hit.............

Sorry that happened.

lateapex911
12-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Wowza, that sucks big time.

Sigh...hate to say it, but THAT is why I sold my Porsche-to-be-ITR car..too much $$ to throw away after a simple mistake.

Is it repairable?

Z3_GoCar
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Wowza, that sucks big time.

Sigh...hate to say it, but THAT is why I sold my Porsche-to-be-ITR car..too much $$ to throw away after a simple mistake.

Is it repairable?
[/b]
Jake,

I'd encourage you to run any chassis you feel like you can afford. I just measured the chassis, and it looks like with a little pulling, some sheet metal work, and a few new parts it'll be back on track.

James

shwah
12-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Is there a way to manaully adjust the camera brightness, and keep it from self adjusting?

What about just putting a filter on the lense?

Crashtest
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Man that is a bad day.
glad you made it through ok and the car may still work out.

good luck.

its66
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
:(

FWIW, the Z3 sounds incredible...

glad you're alright.

Z3_GoCar
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Is there a way to manaully adjust the camera brightness, and keep it from self adjusting?

What about just putting a filter on the lense?
[/b]

I tried going through all the settings, but it's always set automatically. This camera just doesn't have the contrast for shooting from inside. I'm going to change it out, probably for a cheap DV-tape set up.

Thanks James.

Jim, I've got the short exhaust exiting down right at the sub-frame, it really resounds inside the car but it really quiet outside.

James