PDA

View Full Version : Restricted regional

paul59
12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
pardon my ignorance, But can someone explane what a restricted race is. Thank you

Krysd
12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Paul,
Ignorance is simply the absence of knowledge and the best way to correct that is to ask a question, no pardon is necessary.

3.1.5 in the GCR says:

Restricted competitions are conducted under special Supplementary Regulations that limit participation to classes of cars not recognized in the GCR, or to invited drivers only"

In SEDIV, we "invite" other classes (ITO, ITU, SPO, SPU and GTA) that are not included in the GCR, hence the "Restricted Regional".

Hope this helps

Krys Dean

paul59
12-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Thank you... with the way my car is set up for historic racing it falls in the SPU class... and with the cost of Historics going up, I just might run a full season with SCCA this year...

Butch Kummer
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
In addition, a Restricted Regional may not invite all classes that are listed in the GCR. Two examples: (1) the Enduros that run as part of the National races at Daytona every May. They are open only to specific classes of cars and therefore are not "regular" regionals. (2) The ARRC by GRM that runs at Road Atlanta every November - it is open only to non-Runoffs classes and therefore is sanctioned as a restricted regional.

In case #1 you would not be able to race and in case #2 you certainly would be. You'd need to see the Supps for a particular event to know what "restrictions" are being imposed.

paul59
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
So if I wanted to stay in the southeast region, but run at least once a weekend, what series do you recomend?

NutDriverRighty
12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think that the SARRC is the only series in the SEDiv that allows SPU cars. Pro IT, of course, does not. The CCPS does not. I don't think that the ECR does, either. Don't know about MARRS.

paul59
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
SARRC, it is then... Thank you

Krysd
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Paul,

You will like SARRC, its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :happy204:

Phillip
12-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Both Central Florida & Florida Regions have a good Vintage Class.... 13 / 13 Rule and they run all the Florida tracks.

Phil

paul59
12-11-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm sending in my license renewal as we speak...Thank you for the guidence!!! I hope to me everyone at the track in 08.