PDA

View Full Version : Need Top Strut Bushing/bearing HAPPY T-Day

tdw6974
11-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Well the turkey is in the oven so have some time to kill. In our winter prep mode and found the upper Bearing/Bushing is worn need a replacement. I don't know that bearing is correct as it has no needle or roller bearings. It is a slip joint that moves in a collar. It does have a number Com 10 and USA. The bearing is held in plate by a snap ring. Thanks for any help. Tom Weaver :eclipsee_steering:

seckerich
11-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Happy T day Tom. Take the bearing to your local bearing supply place and get a com 10. That is the part number and is for a commercial spherical bearing. Pull the snap ring and it should push out the bottom. Send me a PM if you can't find them, I think I have them in stock. Racer parts wholesale has them I believe.

tdw6974
11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Steve, I called 2 semi-local bearing/supply stores asked for the Com-10 the one could pull from another store and Lo & behold the other store had one in stock! So this PM I fueled the truck (3.69 for Diesel) went and picked it up. Now we can put back together tomorrow :D I hate to have things torn apart as bits and pieces seem to get lost. :blink: at least around here. I am sending you a PM also. Tom Weaver :eclipsee_steering: