keycom
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM
http://midiv.org/Code/Calendar.htm

Speed Raycer
11-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Rumor has it that NASA's running GIR April 28/29 too :D

Gary L
11-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Having not been out of my back yard (Hallett) since I came back to racing a few years ago, I am seriously considering a run at a major part of the IT Tour towing contest in '08. Anyone else in MidDiv thinking about doing more than 3 or 4 races in ITB next year?

My problem is the complete lack of seat time at any of the affected tracks, with the obvious exception of Hallett. But if I don't get started on that learning process soon, I'm gonna get too old to care!

Turkflyer
11-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Gary, I've seen you run Hallett....come on out to the others...you'll do well.

KelleyHux
11-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Gary ...

Come on up to MidAmerica Motorplex. You'll find it to be similar to Hallett ... except very flat. It has good runoff room, and if you hit something solid either someone spun in front of you or there was a big screwup!

The amenities are good and the folks are friendly.

I'm sure David Webb (aka keycom) can help you with some track knowledge!

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
DMVR Registration/F&C/T&S

Turkflyer
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Yep, MAM's a good place to "play". Nice and challenging track. In most places there, if you take an "agricultural expedition" thru the alfalfa, you'll have to refuel before you can hit anything. St. Louis is a good track, but has a lot of concrete. Memphis is good too, and their straight stretch is long enough for us Miatas to read a book. I haven't been to Topeka, which would be a short pull for you, but hear it's a good one too.

Gary L
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
MAM was definitely on my short list (pun intended) due to the fact it's one of the closer tracks and has an IT Tour event... unlike Topeka, which does not. :(

About Memphis... it appears to be a must-do with respect to the IT Tour, owing to the "double" in late May. But it's about that straightaway... I may have to re-gear to run there. What is the terminal speed at the end of that straight in your Miata?

Turkflyer
11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Memphis is wide open on the North end with plenty of run-off room, but has concrete on the South end (Grant's Tomb). It's the only track where I get into 5th on the straight, so I'm probably doing about 110-115 when I hit T1. I run from 2nd gear on the back side to 5th on the straight.

Gary L
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
115 mph - Yikes! Right now I'm all done at just about 100, so I will definitely have to make some changes for Memphis.

The concrete is not an issue, at least psychologically; in my previous racing life, I learned to live with the steel 55 gallon water barrels at Lake Afton. :)

m33mcg
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I plan to run at MAM next season and was wondering if there were many ITS cars?
Does any know if MAM will have a driving school?
Thanks

Gary L
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Can't address your ITS query, but with respect to the school, I think the answer is "no". I believe that MVRG (among others) is now typically doing driver schools every other year. Looks like this year in MidDiv the only schools are in March at Memphis (a double), and Hallett in September.

buldogge
12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey there... Please try to make it to some of the other MiDiv tracks next season. MAM has had a VERY poor ITS turnout the last coupla seasons.

Our best turnouts have been at GIR and Memphis.

There were a couple newer ITS builds at the end of the season and I know a couple possible winter builds going on now.

There was also a thread about the resurrection of a Merc 190E that ran a few years back.

Also, I spoke at the end of the season with Ralph W. who runs a 325i in ITR about switching back to ITS. Hopefully he will pop the restrictor on and come play with us!

I would love to see 8-10 car fields like we used to have!!!

Looking forward to 2008...

I plan to run at MAM next season and was wondering if there were many ITS cars?
Does any know if MAM will have a driving school?
Thanks
[/b]

m33mcg
12-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I do plan to run at Hallet (my favorite), here in topeka, MAM and Memphis (school). If my budget allows maybe GIR. With gas prices I really do not want long tows.

I am the one that bought the mb 190e.

KelleyHux
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Would this be the ex-VanHollebeke Mercedes?

Just curious,
Kelley Huxtable
DMVR
"PLAY SAFE"
F&C/Registration/T&S

m33mcg
12-05-2007, 09:22 PM
yes, It would be. :D