PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Ron Earp
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I've noticed a couple of large photos in signatures on the site. Could we turn this feature off? I find it annoying to continually have to see the same picture, quite large in fact, over and over again with a user's posts. Most successful forums do not allow such practices as it uses bandwidth, increases load times, and and disrupts reading flow for long threads.

Ron

JeffYoung
11-16-2007, 12:38 PM
However, signatures with naked chicks in them should be allowed to stay.

Ron Earp
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I think we're going to have to take you out downtown and pay for some services. It clearly has been too long.

JeffYoung
11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I told you, dry humper chick is back. I'm set, so to speak.

I scores with the bisches!

pfcs49
11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Heaven forbid Ron! The Blethems are just TOO photogenic. phil

gsbaker
11-16-2007, 03:07 PM
However, signatures with naked chicks in them should be <strike>allowed to stay</strike> mandatory.
[/b]
Fixed that for ya.

Andy Bettencourt
11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I&#39;ve noticed a couple of large photos in signatures on the site. Could we turn this feature off? I find it annoying to continually have to see the same picture, quite large in fact, over and over again with a user&#39;s posts. Most successful forums do not allow such practices as it uses bandwidth, increases load times, and and disrupts reading flow for long threads.

Ron [/b]

http://sixmeatbuffet.com/images/colreb.jpg

Gary L
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I&#39;ve noticed a couple of large photos in signatures on the site. Could we turn this feature off? I find it annoying to continually have to see the same picture, quite large in fact, over and over again with a user&#39;s posts. Most successful forums do not allow such practices as it uses bandwidth, increases load times, and and disrupts reading flow for long threads.

Ron [/b] I agree 100%.

And on a related subject, what&#39;s with the oversize, superwide photos that get posted as part of a message that exceed my display&#39;s width limits? On my (admittedly older, 4x3 format) monitor running at 1024x768 resolution, these photos carry the text into never-never land (offscreen to the right) as well, forcing me to scroll horizontally to read each line of every damned post that is on the same page as the photo. Talk about disrupting your reading flow!

Is there a switch in &#39;preferences&#39; that I&#39;ve missed that automatically resizes this stuff, or wraps text at a max width, for us poor folks running less than state-of-the-art computers? If so, someone clue me in. If not, please... you guys that are posting the photos that are 1600 pixels wide need to learn a very basic computer graphics skill called &#39;resizing photos&#39;. :D

JeffYoung
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Andy, taht&#39;s not a naked chick. Please delete. Or I will come and find you and personally fart in your general direction.

Ron Earp
11-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I agree 100%.

Is there a switch in &#39;preferences&#39; that I&#39;ve missed that automatically resizes this stuff, or wraps text at a max width, for us poor folks running less than state-of-the-art computers? If so, someone clue me in. If not, please... you guys that are posting the photos that are 1600 pixels wide need to learn a very basic computer graphics skill called &#39;resizing photos&#39;. :D
[/b]

No, there is nothing you can do but the site admin can. The site admin can set the max picture upload to something like 800x600 or so to fit on everyone&#39;s screen.

The large images can be troublesome at first and downright tiring to see over and over again in signatures.

Ron

Parrish57
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
So I&#39;m gathering that the universal concensus is that all signatures shall have a naked chick at a mandatory resolution of 1920 x 1200?

RSTPerformance
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Heaven forbid Ron! The Blethems are just TOO photogenic. phil
[/b]

Still looking for a naked picture of a chick, but can&#39;t find one... I may have found a picture of some greg guy wearing a thong though... Does that qualify to replace my old signature?

Raymond "Just tell me next time you are sick of it and I will get rid of it!!!" Blethen

gran racing
11-20-2007, 08:51 AM
New picture coming soon!!!
Championships... Been there done that, I would make a list but no self promotion allowed and keeping the signature short and sweet!!![/b]

Aren&#39;t you contradicting yourself there? Oh, unless of course it&#39;s a nude chick pick. :114:

thedemoguy
11-26-2007, 08:32 AM
How about this one....

[attachmentid=1207]

Tom Donnelly
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Speechless. :blink: