PDA

View Full Version : Big Boy versus Senor Garmon

Marlboro Mafia
11-13-2007, 09:35 PM
FINALLY, through the magic of a new Firewire card for my computer, I have downloaded the two-car back video of the infamous crash involving the Big Boy and Garmon Perez IT7's during the first lap of the 5/07 CCPS race.

It is my understanding that there have been a spirited discussions since the event, with differing opinions as to fault.

See for yourself. . .

Big Boy vs Senor Garmon on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3RzgfCsKs)

:dead_horse:

Marlboro Mafia
11-14-2007, 09:28 AM
55 views and no posts?

NutDriverRighty
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
I'll have to check this out myself. I was right behind this incident, but must've been looking at the instruments when it happened. Thanks to the incident, I inherited the IT7 lead. Unfortunately, an episode of intracranial flatulence with the RF lugs caused me to have to pull in for a repair a few minutes later. My brother was able to salvage a third, but it was cool to say that I led a race. I hated it for the two of you as I'd hoped to have a decent dice. Hope to cross paths with you guys next season.

Scott Franklin ITA/IT7 Rx7 (#91, 9, 31, whatever)
SPU Baby Grand
F&C

mocoboyz
11-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow....looks like we've found the DNA evidence!!!! It is clear that Perez is up on the rumble strips trying to maintain position, and while knowing both drivers, they were both wanting the same asphalt. To quote DE-Sr, " I just got up agin him" . Red mist, we've all had it, benefited from it, suffered from it , and now it is on film. Hey boys, or should I say men, lets go racing!!!

PS: I heard there is an old "has been" that is coming out of retirement...........do I smell oranges,.. or is that mango?

Mocoboyz

From the land of the Tall Pines and a golf course or two.

JeffYoung
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I've viewed it 54 times myself.

Marlboro Mafia
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
What was cool(as a spectator) was that one spun to left round and round and one spun to the right round and round.

JeffYoung
11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Nice visual! Reminds me of my drinkin' days.

That was some tight racing through the kink, that is for sure. I would have wet the old Sparco I think with all of that action right in front of me.

NutDriverRighty
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
That's why I've got a yellow driver's suit on order!! :D

JeffYoung
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Yellow and brown would be perfect...I wonder if Monsieur Sparco can mix one up for us?

NutDriverRighty
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm gonna talk to SafeQuip Tim. I'll bet he can make me one that's yellow in the front and brown in the back..............wonder what color to make it from the waist up. Is "flop sweat" a color?

Vtach Racing
11-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I like the footage. but i don't know the track... do two cars fit through here without issue?

From what I saw the car on the inside "had" the turn, he was up along the side of the other. And BOTH cars look like they are actually working together to get through this turn side by side.. but does the car on the inside bounce to the outside a bit after he hits the curb?

The other thing I can't see is how much track (or how marbly the track is) is to the drivers left of the blue car that goes off... If he could have been 6 inches further out, they may not have touched - Don't get me wrong, I know that 6 inches is a lot at a kink during a race.

But again, I have never been to this track so I really don't know the full situation. But this does look like a true accident, and neither car was being overly-aggressive. I know how difficult it can be, but I hope these two drivers have made peace.

Bill
ITC Fiesta

Bryan88
11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
That kink can be a real handfull going through there single file.

If your gonna try it side by side both drivers better have some
great car control and have it on rails.......because it will get real
tight.

The speed through there in an ITS car is over 100 MPH.

240zdave
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
From what I saw the car on the inside "had" the turn, he was up along the side of the other. And BOTH cars look like they are actually working together to get through this turn side by side.. but does the car on the inside bounce to the outside a bit after he hits the curb?

[/b]

That turn at CMP is off-camber, and if you get on the rumble strips, the car will have a tendency to want to hop toward the outside (driver's left). To get the most speed through that turn, you need to drift all the way out to the left side; not a lot of room for someone to come up the left side.