PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Enduro

Cobrar05
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
What a first experience! Were it not for an 8 minute second pitstop to change brake calipers and a cracked rotor we would have won. Even with that we finished 2nd overall on the lead lap. Dwight Kelly is an amazing driver.

Ford 351w power ran strong all day. We ran the entire three hours on one set of BFG R1's with the exception of changing the right front as a precaution. We turned our fastest laps and maybe the fastest lap of the day in the last 15 minutes of the race. Great tires!

Ponder Racing Services is the best.

Thanx to SCCA Atlanta region including Gwen and Butch.

BTW...I heard some talk that maybe the Miata team won because of better fuel mileage. Fact is that we could have done the race on one stop. The only issue was really the rotor that cracked during cool down as the caliper was being changed.

Something to shoot for next season and an offseason project...brake upgrade.

MMiller
11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
We had a shot at winning too - were on the same lap as the miata, only a few seconds back when we pitted for fuel (final stop) and they still had one more stop to make too. We were 3-4 secs a lap quicker. Unfortunately someone pointed out an issue with the right rear - and it was discovered the right rear ball-joint loosened up on us. Had to replace the nut and took 9 laps to fix.

I think we could have easily challenged for the overall win :)

We were on Hoosier R6's and they lasted the entire race w/o trouble. I figured that was good for a 2900 lb. car. But your mustang looked like it was getting great tire wear - and considering the HP you were pumping out, that was impressive. Congrats.

R2 Racing
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I was in that little orange ITC '85 Civic that you guys lapped about 100 times. I tried my best to stay out of the way. Thanks for not running me over! :023:

Two ITC enduro wins in a row. :smilie_pokal:

Cobrar05
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
We had a shot at winning too - were on the same lap as the miata, only a few seconds back when we pitted for fuel (final stop) and they still had one more stop to make too. We were 3-4 secs a lap quicker. Unfortunately someone pointed out an issue with the right rear - and it was discovered the right rear ball-joint loosened up on us. Had to replace the nut and took 9 laps to fix.

I think we could have easily challenged for the overall win :)

We were on Hoosier R6's and they lasted the entire race w/o trouble. I figured that was good for a 2900 lb. car. But your mustang looked like it was getting great tire wear - and considering the HP you were pumping out, that was impressive. Congrats.
[/b]

Were you in 78 by chance?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/The%2005%20Car/IMG_6412.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/The%2005%20Car/IMG_6428.jpg

The R6 is a known quantity. The BFG just the opposite. We were really happy with the performance. In victory lane post race the Hoosier guy seemed perplexed when looking at the BF Goodrich signage on the door of our car. I don't think he saw that all weekend.

It was a great race and a lot of fun.

Anyone think we were either too fast or too heavy to run enduros? were are 3100 lbs. We ran 1:39 to 1:40 with Dwight and 1:44 with me until the brakes went on vacation.

We want to run more of these races and get turned down for speed and weight.

MMiller
11-13-2007, 04:54 AM
No... I was in the 31 car. I had pole with a 39.0, but since we only have 15.5 gallon tanks, had to run conservative lap times (41's-43's) to make the fuel windows. Once we knew we had good mileage, we settled back down in the low 40's.

The 78 missed the fuel window (that is the sister car, teammates) - and was looking good but had to pit a 3rd time for fuel.

Cobrar05
11-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Ah...Yea. Nice job on the qualifying. I was down at the flag stand getting photos and missed turn one. What happened to you down there? I heard something on the PA, but couldnt make it out.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/The%2005%20Car/IMG_6363.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/The%2005%20Car/IMG_6415.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/The%2005%20Car/IMG_6416.jpg

IPRESS
11-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Why do I not see my car in that pic of the start? OH yeah I was back laying in the weeds coming up the hill!

Lot's of fun MR. Miller. All the guys in the pits were great and it was a blast as usual with MER. Jules was exhausted as I made her stay in the car cause we thought the 31 was just refueling. That NUT was a bummer. As with any enduro if you are still running at the finish you are a winner. In our case after a puntation into the gravel in one and a hug and kiss of the wall in 4 (I was trying to miss that orange B or C car, who was trying to miss the off track on track BMW amid red flying dirt) Jules and I still had the wheels turning. Great fun and ready to do it again...... well after a week or two!
Mac

dkelly
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Rob, thanks for inviting me to co-drive. I had a blast! A little heart-broken not to get 1st overall after lapping the entire field. We spotted everyone 4 1/2 minutes with the extra long pitstop to replace both front calipers and a RF rotor that cracked. Still we managed to come out 20th, unlap ourselves and finished 2nd overall! 1st in ITO

Cobrar05
11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Like I said...amazing driver.