PDA

View Full Version : Enkei RPF1's - 15 x 7's

Limey
11-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Is anyone running these on a CRX/Civic?? Looking for info on fitment and tyre sizes.

There are available in 41 mm and 35 mm offsets and ideally I'd like to avoid running a spacer. Obviously, the lower offset will put the tyre closer to the fender lip (fender lips are rolled) and the higher offset places the tyre closer to the shock - so, which offers best clearance if running a 225 Hoosiers? Can they be run or will I need to go with the 205??

Thanks for any information.

Regards, Mark

JeffYoung
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Dude, get your self a REAL Limey race car. I vote ITC Spitfire.

Ron Earp
11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
WTF? When are you going to quit driving those rice burners and get yourself some real broke Brit iron? I got a Jensen Healey that is just PERFECT for you! Are we going to see you at a race track here soon? Robert has been patiently waiting and I think he's tired of picking on me.

JeffYoung
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Exactly man. Mark needs a Brit car. What do you say we sell him the Jensen Healey, a bridge in Brooklyn and some prime real estate in the Everglades for a couple Gs?

The amazing thing is that the bridge and the land would be the best part of the deal.....

Limey
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Jeff/Ron,

OK gents, let's review my choices for IT regarding Brit-iron:

ITR - nothing (what about classing an Aston??)
ITS - 73-79 JH roadster, 80-82 TR8 (you guys have cornered the market here)
ITA - 70-74 Triumph GT6
ITB - Ford Capri 2.0, 68-80 MGB, 68-74 MGB GT, 76-81 TR7 2.0
ITC - 68-69 Austin Healy Sprite, 68-70 Ford Cortina GT, 78-80 Ford Fiesta, 68-74 MG Midget.

Now, since I'll be returning to ITA, my only choice would be a GT6 - I have driven one of those, and it was a nice car in it's day, but would be a shame to remove that lovely walnut dash.....

ITB - used to own a Ford Capri, but a built 3.0 V6, not a 2.0 - RWD (good), straight rear axle (hmmm), long wheel base (hmmm). Other choices are MG's (ugh), or TR7.

ITC boasts 68-69 Austin Healy Sprites (are any left that are not in a museum??), and Mk II Ford Cortina GT - actually used to own one of those. It was a stripped down version of the Cortina 1600E that was tarted up with wood dash and nice interior. However, it was largeish car and the IT min wt. is 1780 lbs......I'd imagine reasonably competitive at that weight....if achievable!

Now if I was to develop one of those cars, I'd likely have enough money in it to buy an Aston for ITR........

I like my Civic....I can get parts for it....

and don't worry, it'll be on a track early next year hassling the hell out of you!!

Cheers, Mark

philstireservice
11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Is anyone running these on a CRX/Civic?? Looking for info on fitment and tyre sizes.

There are available in 41 mm and 35 mm offsets and ideally I'd like to avoid running a spacer. Obviously, the lower offset will put the tyre closer to the fender lip (fender lips are rolled) and the higher offset places the tyre closer to the shock - so, which offers best clearance if running a 225 Hoosiers? Can they be run or will I need to go with the 205??

Thanks for any information.

Regards, Mark
[/b]

After you decide which offset you want, give me a call. I have a sweet deal on this size specifically !!

Enkei dealer now !!!!

SSGTi
11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm running the 41mm offset RPF1s with 205 Toyos on a CRX. The inverted Penskes I run cause clearance problems with the rear bar, but not with the tires. I don't see a problem running 225s with these wheels, but I've never tried it. I'm not developing enough tire temp to justify the increase in width. I've read they are up to a second faster on some tracks, but I guess I'm not driving hard enough :eclipsee_steering:
Martin