PDA

View Full Version : Neon X-Highs? and ACR Koni limits?

Speed Raycer
11-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Anyone have any experience with Performance Driven? They apparently are having some X-Highs as well as "XX-High Rates" produced. I haven't had much luck getting anywhere with their website.

We are interested upgrading the springs on my brothers ITA Neon for next season before we start thinking about serious suspension stuff.

Also, what's the spring rate limit for the stock ACR Koni's?

Thanks

Scott

Rabbit07
11-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Anyone have any experience with Performance Driven? They apparently are having some X-Highs as well as "XX-High Rates" produced. I haven't had much luck getting anywhere with their website.

We are interested upgrading the springs on my brothers ITA Neon for next season before we start thinking about serious suspension stuff.

Also, what's the spring rate limit for the stock ACR Koni's?

Thanks

Scott
[/b]

I have spoken with Brian, and he is legit. Currently he doesn't have any product that I use, but the Spec Neon guys have been purchasing stuff from him.

Streetwise guy
11-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I bought a pair of the x-highs from them, and I got what was advertised. I am actaully only using one, on the rf of my ministock circle tracker, but it survived the season without any noticable sagging. On my roadracer, I had the mopar xxhighs all around, on the mopar Konis. That was a good package, but I think thats getting pretty close to the limit on the Konis, maybe 400 lbs or so would be ok, depends a bit on the track. I am way over their limits now :026: at 600-700 lbs, they are coming out this winter and going to Koni.

mtownneon
11-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Sorry for the website problems, we're in the proccess of growing and part of that is a complete website revamp that has turned into a bigger job than first projected. The end result will be a much friendlier to use and more comprehensive tool for our customers.

As for your spring question, our X-Highs are the the same spring rates as the defunct Mopars, but re-engineered to offer a proper fit and better materials. Brian was an engineer with Avin and knows these components well. The XX-Highs are 20% stiffer the the X's and were developed with the autocrosser in mind but we're going to experiment with them in a road racing application with the IT car we're building.

The High's and X-Highs work well with out of the box Konis, but to get the most out of the XX-Highs, the struts really should be re-valved. That's not to say that the XX's won't work with out of the box Konis, it's what I have on my STS class Neon Solo car, just that custom valving gets everything out of them.

Specs are as follows:

High Rates 225#F/185#R P/N-MOP HIGH SET
X-High Rates 310#F/230#R P/N-MOP XHIGH SET
XX-High Rates 380#F/276#R P/N-MOP XXHIGH SET

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail us @

1-800-705-1285 Phone/Fax
[email protected]

or e-mail me @
[email protected]

Cheers,
Dave