PDA

View Full Version : VIR Goblins Go Anyone ?

jmark
10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I am headed up to play around with a new lense. Looks like a ton of cars. Some nice Z cars too. :happy204:

NutDriverRighty
10-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I wish. Captain Who and I ran the CCPS race on the North (short) course with 53 cars!! Sadly, the fresh rebuild on our IT7 engine went south just a few minutes into the race, so we got to be a rolling chicane for the majority of the time.
If you're taking pics, please get some of Kirk Riddle's SPU "Riddle-ized" Baby Grand in SPU. It's been lengthened, widened, had an EP 1st gen Rx7 body kit grafted onto it, and had an Hayabusa engine stuffed under the hood. Don't know the number, but (IIRC) it's white with green trim. Should be a rocket if he's fixed the oil pressure problem.

Scott Franklin

Ron Earp
10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Scott,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope to see you out sometime soon. Planing to be at VIR once I get back from England here. Had to pick up some special parts for Jeff's TR8 and my Jensen Healey....... :P

R

Hotshoe
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Guys,

... I plan on christening my NEW 99 Miata in the SARRC , ECR and CCP

... Plus we will be working on the race set up on my BMW. I have finally shed that T2 suspension and put on four new springs, some adjustable coilovers on the front, and adjustable spring perches in the rear. I'm also going to use the ECR on Saturday to do some Hoosier tire testing for the 13 hr the following weekend.
No more cornering like this :[attachmentid=1170]
.... See you all there ....

.... Rickey Thompson ... 2007 SARRC ITR Champion

Team SSR
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
We plan to race the SARRC and the CCPS. Any other 944's coming???

iambhooper
10-25-2007, 07:47 AM
I will be running both ECR's. it should be an interesting weekend. It looks as if the ITC crowd will be small but very competetive... 2 previous ECR champions, and 3rd place car and the 2nd place SARRC car... and all race winners.

Hopefully the weather will cooporate this weekend... there was a 50% chance of rain on Saturday. The track is green from the rain, and rumor has it the braking zone into 1 is starting to detiriorate some.

We will be near the Pond, feel free to drop by!

hoop

Ron Earp
10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I'll see you there, probably over that way too!

ECR 1 is over subscribed so looks like about 13 people will get kicked based on qualifying times. Not sure if that is by class or overall for the group. I think by group, can anyone confirm?

For the Z pilots I talked to Riley at Lynchburg Nissan and he plans to bring a tricked out 350Z for show at the race. And he's bringing me a few parts too! Be good to meet him as I've spent a lot of time getting parts from him, great guy.

R

GKR_17
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
If the race is oversubscribed, the first ones booted are any non-ECR classes. I don't think there are any for this race since SRF is included now. On quick look I didn't find the rule to back this up, but the next cars cut are done evenly from each class based on percentage of the 1st place qualifier for that class. Previously, cars registered in the ECR series were given preference even if their qual time was slow. That said, I can't remember a race where anyone was actually cut if they were on the grid at the one minute call.

JeffYoung
10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
where did the link to the entry list go?

iambhooper
10-25-2007, 08:12 PM
In March of 2006 we had 109 cars on the track for the 1st of a double ECR.

The rule is 110% of the class pole time. So if you drive a SM and are withing 110% of the the 1st in class qualifyer, then you are OK. If you fall outside, then you will not get to race. If you drive an ITC car, you could care less :D

The good is that it's fare to all the classes respectively... the bad is, if you drove up from Tampa to race at VIR, you are going to lose out on one of those opportunity's.

Aged racer
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
What happens if you are the only car in the class? Looks like our usual competitor in SSC isn't coming this weekend.

Steve

Team SSR
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Jeff, I saw you pull off early in the SARRC. What happened? Looked you had been running good.

JeffYoung
10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Water leak at the intake manifold. A jury rigged repair from Savannah didn't last at VIR. My fault. Had a decent run going, started 6th, got to 5th on the start, and got up to 4th's bumper before it popped.

I had a good view of your run through the field. Good job.