PDA

View Full Version : How many first timers at Fall (DS)?

chewy8000
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Just getting an idea of how many people at the Summit Point DS next weekend are complete newbies like myself.

erlrich
10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Tristan - do you have any track time at all? FATT, HPDE, anything along those lines?

I'll be there, but I'll be one of those guys in white trying to help keep the chaos to a minimum :)

chewy8000
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
No previous in car track experience. I did race CCS 600cc sportbikes for years at summit, Beaver Run, and VIR, but that was on a bike where "racing room" is a little different. :D

erlrich
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
No previous in car track experience. I did race CCS 600cc sportbikes for years at summit, Beaver Run, and VIR, but that was on a bike where "racing room" is a little different. :D [/b] Well heck then, your biggest challenge should be staying awake while cruising around the Point at the leisurely pace your ITB car will afford you :D .

Seriously, the best advice I ever received, and you've probably already heard it many times, is to remember that this is a licensing school, not a racing school. You get big points for awareness and attention, and no points for finishing position.