PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Schedule

dj10
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I think it would be better if you put the now Group 9 before group 7 & 8 in qualifying. These 2 groups could need the time between qualifying in the sprints to get ready to qualify in the Pro IT, if anyone in group 7 will be runnig the Pro IT. Just a suggestion.

Butch Kummer
10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
(1) You don't need to stay out the entire 20 minutes of Group 6 qualifying just because it's there.

(2) Add in the transition/clean-up time between Group 6 & Group 7 (generally 10-15 minutes) and you have at least 30 minutes to get your car ready for Group 8 qualifying.

(3) How much time do you need to get ready for qualifying after running a qualifying session?

(4) The knuckle-dragging, trailer-trash stock car drivers in Group 9 would get confused if we had them go out before Group 8. It's been bad enough explaining that they'll run right after Group 7 in the afternoon.

All that said, we've got a Race Board meeting tonight where we'll be discussing group/schedule changes (which need to be approved by the SOM) and I'll talk to the Chief Steward about your request.

BK

dj10
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
(1) You don't need to stay out the entire 20 minutes of Group 6 qualifying just because it's there.

(2) Add in the transition/clean-up time between Group 6 & Group 7 (generally 10-15 minutes) and you have at least 30 minutes to get your car ready for Group 8 qualifying.

(3) How much time do you need to get ready for qualifying after running a qualifying session?

(4) The knuckle-dragging, trailer-trash stock car drivers in Group 9 would get confused if we had them go out before Group 8. It's been bad enough explaining that they'll run right after Group 7 in the afternoon.

All that said, we've got a Race Board meeting tonight where we'll be discussing group/schedule changes (which need to be approved by the SOM) and I'll talk to the Chief Steward about your request.

BK [/b]

BK, you a gentlemen and a scholar. :D I might not be able to make test day, so to have sometime between the 2 qualifying sessions would be great if me or anyone else have to make suspension changes to the car.

If nothing else to have a little time to resolve any small issues we might have with the cars. I can only ask, but this might be a sticking point if I decide to drive the Pro IT or not. I'll have to discuss this with my crew chief.

All I can say is thank you for your consideration and hope to meet you in person.

dj10
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM

BK [/b]

"(4) The knuckle-dragging, trailer-trash stock car drivers in Group 9 would get confused if we had them go out before Group 8. It's been bad enough explaining that they'll run right after Group 7 in the afternoon."

Hey Butch has anyone even considered my request? I haven't heard a thing lately?

Butch Kummer
10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Sorry I didn't answer this specifically but I did ask and it was turned down. Group 8 will qualify after Group 7 and before Group 9. The Committee felt the changes we already asked for were confusing enough and didn't want to add more fuel to the fire.

We've posted notice that the new schedule was approved here and on other sites, it's on the ARRC website and DLB, we'll hand out schedules at Registration, and I'm sending out e-mails to all affected parties (Groups 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6) this evening. Even so, there will still be SOMEONE that doesn't get the word and shows up at the wrong time.

dj10
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Sorry I didn't answer this specifically but I did ask and it was turned down. Group 8 will qualify after Group 7 and before Group 9. The Committee felt the changes we already asked for were confusing enough and didn't want to add more fuel to the fire.

We've posted notice that the new schedule was approved here and on other sites, it's on the ARRC website and DLB, we'll hand out schedules at Registration, and I'm sending out e-mails to all affected parties (Groups 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6) this evening. Even so, there will still be SOMEONE that doesn't get the word and shows up at the wrong time. [/b]

Well Butch, I believe this is a poor call but at least you asked. Thanks. To confusing? You'd think this is quantum physics. :D