PDA

View Full Version : IT7 tires

papabear
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Is the spec tire required in the ARRC for IT7?
How about the Pro IT series, does it require the spec tire for IT7?

It seems like last year you could run any tire in IT7.
Thanks in advance for any information.

crushed
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
There is no IT-7 in PRO-IT anymore, run ITA where you can run any tire.

I'm not 100% sure about the tire at the ARRC, but I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't open.

tom_sprecher
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
According to The Rules (http://www.arrc-online.com/carclasses.html) there is no spec tire.

It always pays to RTFS.

Russ, what have you been up to this year?

crushed
10-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Russ, what have you been up to this year?
[/b]

Riding bikes, it's way cheaper than racing but nowhere near as fun. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the car together for the ARRC or not. Did you ever get yours back on the track?

it7rx739
10-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Who going to run IT7 at the ARRC? :eclipsee_steering: I can’t decide in what class to run. So far only 3 cars has registered :(

crazyshoe
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll be there, i know of a few other cars that will be there. The more the better

tom_sprecher
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Riding bikes, it's way cheaper than racing but nowhere near as fun. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the car together for the ARRC or not. Did you ever get yours back on the track?
[/b]

Yup, finally! Atlanta in July, where I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Ryan up close and personal like ;) , and Nashville last month. I'm gonna pass on the ARRC until I get more experience and $$$. After Nashville it was apparent my baby needs new shoes. Unfortunately after bleeding $$$ the past year or so building the car I ran out of $$$ before I ran out of tires.

Hopefully we'll all see you next year.

it7rx739
10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Tom I got some usde tires :)

tom_sprecher
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Ya gotta love this guy! I don't know if it's that wild Hungarian accent or that he writes with a wild Hungarian accent...

Who going to run IT7 at the ARRC? I can’t decide in what class to run. So far only 3 cars has registered :(
[/b]

or he's always trying to help you out. ;)

Tom I got some usde tires :)
[/b]

Thanks, Attila, but I already have some used tires. What I need is new tires hopefully to see what it feels like to go fast like you. B)

See you at the ARRC.

it7rx739
10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Sorry Tom I don’t have new one but going to get some for the ARRC. :)
I think boat, the wild Hungarian accent and help you out. :unsure: :lol:
OH plus more cars more funn. :eclipsee_steering:

it7rx739
10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey guys only 7-IT7 cars registered. Where did all the cry babies go that come in and got the rules changed

and tear the class apart?

jvarble
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Hay gays only 7-IT7 cars registered. Where did all the cry babies go that come in and got the rules changed

and tare the class a part?
[/b]

Attila
i'm just wondering did you recieved any PM'S or calls about where the cry babies went ??
tks
joe

tom_sprecher
10-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I'd enter if I could pick up some good used tires from the front running ITA cars after test day at the ARRC. Opps! I forgot they all run Hoosiers so I'm SOL and can't run. Too bad. :blink:

That's a major disadvantage to running spec tires, especially in a low budget class like IT7. Any Toyo that comes off a car is completely shot and not worth fooling with.

Also, since IT7 is no longer in PRO-It due to lack of participation maybe I'll run ITA next year and kill two birds with one stone. Too bad that'll be one less IT7 car to help maintain class count. Maybe I'll kill three birds with one stone, sorry guys.