PDA

View Full Version : WGI

Andy Bettencourt
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
A couple trickle in: CONGRATS!

ITS: Harding

ITA: Diminno

Props to FOM crew chief Forrest Stevens who drove FOM 09 ITA Miata to P2 and fast lap in ITA...we are taking the Glen DOWN in 2008!

Weaver7
10-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Well we finshed 7th in ITS I know that doesn't sound that great but started 38th overall and finsihed 19th....We finally solved our power problems!!!!! YIPPPPEEEE :happy204: just wish I had about ten more laps!! Although it took most of the season to figure out it really but oh well that is the joys of racing....A little hairline crack in the header and a small vacum leak fixed that and we are good to go!!!!!! Felt really good to have power!!

The fog this morning really put a damper on the day but we had fun and that is what counts....Congrats to Jeff and Joe great job! I dunno who took the ITB win.

:birra:

Bill Weaver
ITS RX7 #63

tdw6974
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Results From the Co race chair and the last person to leave the track :blink: ITS J harding, M Rooke, and A Aziz, ITA J Diminno(AKA "Crazy Joe"), F Stevens, & B henderson. ITB Rick Benazic, S Fohs, & P Curran, ITC M Mcallister, S Funk, & D Yeager, & ITR D Jones, 58 cars for enduro and 128 cars for regional aprox 18 W draws because of Fog delay. Hope everyone has a safe trip home! T Weaver :eclipsee_steering:

Tom Blaney
10-08-2007, 08:45 AM
I was having a good race with Bob Henderson for 2nd in ITA but Bob showed his ineptness by trying to pass a Neon in turn 15 which was yellow flagged. He hit the neon who then spun in the apex and then bounced into me and I drove straight into the tire wall. The CRX sustained major but repairable damage, and I was roughed up. In typical Henderson manner he didn't give 2 sh..ts what he did and when I went to his paddock space to clear the air I got the "Oh he just left for the airport he had to catch a flight to Florida"

I have caused and been the bystander in a number of incidents over the years, but at least I have the common deciency to make sure the other racers were ok and nobody was hurt.

Congrats to Joe, I had nothing for him right from the start, but the race for 2nd between the Henderson, Al Dale, and Forrest Stephens was a good show. Forrest was smart in waiting for the right opening to make a clean quick pass to take the spot.

dazzlesa
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
tom
glad to hear you are ok.
on a side note can everyone watch there mirrors. i seem dumb enough to pass on the outside and people do not seem to notice it until we have contact.
i also applaud the officials and workers for getting sunday in. the clud cover was crazy.

Andy Bettencourt
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Forrest was smart in waiting for the right opening to make a clean quick pass to take the spot.

[/b]

He had strict orders not to bend the 09 :)

Glad to hear the car can be fixed and you are ok. Congrats to Rick as well. Some quick B cars roam the Glen.

RSTPerformance
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
We had a great weekend... Long, but great!!!

The car was/is about 3 - 4 seconds off our normal comfortable pace... (We were turning 27's and 28's and normaly turn 24.s and 25's). Despite that we still had a blast!!! Lots of great competition and clean racing :)

Saturday:

In the Enduro we got the shaft on the first full course yellow (Pace car did not pick up the leader after some confusion when leaders started pitting as the Yellow came out) and that allowed Dave Z and Joel H to get a lap on us. In the second yellow shortly after the same thing happened however on the last lap before the green the pace car allowed a few cars including us to pass and try to catch the field, we gained about a half a lap back. Dave and Joel had some clutch problems and made an extra very short stop, which without the pace car issues would have made a very close finish, however they were turning blistering fast lap record times making it impossible for us to catch them. Congrats to a VERY good drive, they certainly whipped the ITB field, kicked but against a lot of ITA and SM/SSm cars, and got the Track record in ITB. I think we finished a very respectiful 2nd palce in ITB and 23rd (?) overall.

Sunday:

Qualifying was delayed and delayed more due to Fog...

Stephen went out and was comfortable with the track, and was able to turn a lapo time that would have put him first in ITB on the grid, however our transponder wasn't working. Because we keep accurate times that timing was able to confirm they agreed to take our slowest time rounded to the nearest second, this put the Audi 3rd on the grid in ITB.

I went out and ran qualifying in SPU, and ran out of gas errr.... but still qualified mid pack as compaired to the production cars... and hummm it is interesting running with them, especially when they don't expect to get passed in turns on the outside or inside when they "park" in the turns :unsure:

The races were shortened to 15 minutes plus one lap or basically 7 laps...

Stephen went out and the first turn was a bit congested, but everyone was safe, I think Rick B had the best start in the 50+ car field blowing past several cars to take the early ITB lead. Stephen steadly dropped back as he was off the pace, but maintained the best he could. In the end he finished just behind Paul Curran for 4th place!!! Rick B beat Dave Z's track record sunday giving ITB a new goal to get nto the 23's next season :eclipsee_steering:

I went out an dRan SPU, about 17 seconds off the SPU leaders lap times, but had a blast racing with some EP,FP,GP cars. After the race in impound I told them I needed a bit more power as I ate them alive in the turns, then watched them walk away from me on the streights, they said, thats an SPU car, it must have tons of power... I said no it is an ITB car lol... They didn't seem to get it but we still had some good clean racing none the less... What a blast!!!

Sunday PM:

Got some grub at a Wegmans :023: (Love that place). Then made the treck home... Lost another tire just outside of MA.. Didn't get home till 2:00am...

Monday AM:

Sore and late for work... but worth every penny :smilie_pokal:

Raymond

dj10
10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
A couple trickle in: CONGRATS!

ITS: Harding

ITA: Diminno

Props to FOM crew chief Forrest Stevens who drove FOM 09 ITA Miata to P2 and fast lap in ITA...we are taking the Glen DOWN in 2008!
[/b]

Andy, it was down to the wire in the enduro, or should I say down to the steel belts :D but me and Abby Aziz held the charge of the Flat Out Boys (Jeff & Nick) off. Congrats to #27 ITS (Brian & co-driver Bob), they kept there tires on and won because of it. One hell of a race!

dominojd
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
He had strict orders not to bend the 09 :)

[/b]

Not what he told me. It was Checker or Wrecker. I'm surprised the car came back in one piece. :D

hd54kh
10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I would like to intoduce myself and my crew, it was my first race after having my Nocice Permit signed off OK to race. I'm Terry and crew is Angie my wife. The car is the white with red stripe/blue flame #99 ITB Golf.

I first owe thanks to so many folks that helped us mechanically and psychologically. After prepping for my first qualifying session and wind up with a 2.5 (?) hour fog delay the nerves were edgy as it was my first time with that much traffic at speed.

Still waiting to see the final results as the rest of us I think I advanced two positions and the car came home the same way it was on Thursday so for me my first victory.

So if anyone has any critique of how I did good or bad that would be great things from school to qual. to first regional happen so fast it is still a blur. Aside from the racing I met so many great folks I see it is easy to meet friends for life.

Thanks all.

Terry & Angie Schneider
Saugerties, N.Y
1985 former Golf Cup GTI now ITB

JLawton
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Terry,
Congratulations on your first race! Welcome to the sickness!!

rsx858
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
when are they gonna post the results for this race online? Iv been dying to see my fast lap time? anyone know where i can find, or have the results sheet handy?

tdw6974
10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
when are they gonna post the results for this race online? Iv been dying to see my fast lap time? anyone know where i can find, or have the results sheet handy?
[/b]
Matt, For the Grid (in the soup) on pole at 02.23.977 in lap 5 for the Race Position 2 ( :happy204: ) best lap was 02.18.720 Usually will be posted on NESSCA or Glen region site. Tom Weaver :eclipsee_steering:

rsx858
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
thanks Tom!

tdw6974
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Regional Results now posted on NESCCA site. http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/regwgresults.pdf

dj10
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Regional Results now posted on NESCCA site. http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/regwgresults.pdf [/b]

Hmmmmm, group 4 new track record? I guess I'll take it. B)

Who was the vendor in the garage area?

dominojd
10-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Speakin of track records, i just relized there is a new one in ITB. Rick Benazic 2:24.148. Nice job Rick. :D

dazzlesa
10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
thanks joe. i am absolutly giddy about it :happy204:. the sucker does not have much power, but if you wind it up and run through the corners she flys.

kjh6576
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Congrats Rick,
Sounds like the car is working good. "The driver as well"
Exellent cap to the season. Will we see you at the 1hr@Slime rock?

Ken