ITB:

Rick James, bitch!

ITC:

Possibly George Clinton.
[/b]

:happy204: :happy204: :happy204: :happy204: :happy204: :birra:

Knestis
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
It's academic but I'd be interested to see who the perceived uberdogs are in ITB.

K

JeffYoung
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
From a non-B guy, what I seem to see on track and in results are:

1. The Audis.

2. Dave Gran's Prelude

3. The fast Volvos

lateapex911
10-09-2007, 12:32 AM
ITC? I'm not up to speed...so I'll say Jinx Jordan.

ITB...it all depends on who shows up.
Audis won't make it this year I think.
There are some faaast BMW 2002s and a quick 320 out there, but will they head south?
Dave Gran isn't going to make it this year.
I think theres a NE Golf thats capable of the podium, maybe the top step...if Beran Peter heads down.
And of course, there are our friends from Nova Scotia in their Golfs...again, podium potential there.
Don't rule out a certain Porsche from Detroit....(Vaghaun Scott)
And Chris Albin is another guy to expect things from, if his wiring harness is up to snuff.
But...I'll piss him off by putting my money on Peter Keane in his Accord. ;)

Then there are the guys I'm forgetting, LOL.

ITA. Moser? (either, LOL) Amy? Bettencourt's Miata with Leverone driving? (Or is the not going rumour true?) Bowie Gray in HIS Miata? (He's been cleaning up) And what about Bob Stretch? Don't count out Joe Diminio..he's racked up some trophies this year, and loves the rain. AJ Neally...he's a retard, but a fast retard! Mystery man J. Lucas in his H car....And.....of course......Rucks hungry....then about 20 more guys fighting for scraps.

ITS....I'lll go out on a limb. Huffmaster.

ITR...Dan Jones.

924Guy
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Are we expecting rain????? Oooh, goody!!! :happy204: Come to Butthead...

There's only a month left - how can it be too early??

I though Gran got his car fixed??

ITC still has a pretty light field - we expecting that to fill in??

gran racing
10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I did until I had someone else inspect it. LOL I'm sure I could source one, but have a few other items with the car I'd like to address before spending the amount of money it takes to do the ARRC properly. Plus I'm a bit burnt out working on the car and Po'.

Vaughan - I'll be watching to see how you do down there and know you'll be a contender. This year though, I do think Peter Keane will be the guy to beat. But could Tevor repeat? Hmmm.

Amy is gonna be really, really tough to beat down there. My prediction is he does not take pole, but has a fierce battle and if he keeps it clean / on track, that car/driver/crew chief are the ones to beat.

RSTPerformance
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
ITC
Jinx Jordan ( I vote Jinx every year I think...)

ITB
Beran Peter, Vaghaun Scott, or Peter Keane... Possibly Chris Albin

ITA
Mosers, Greg Amy, or Nick Leverone

ITS
Huffmaster

ITR
Dan Jones (Jake is smart, I copied him...)

Raymond[quote]

erlrich
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, just perusing the entries, you ITA guys may be in for a surprise...two of the top 3 MARRS ITA drivers are coming down, including the new (as in 2 weeks ago) Summit Point ITA record holder. If Chris figures out RA I would expect to see him on the top step of the podium. And depending on how much tweaking he's done on that new car, I wouldn't expect Gregg to be too far behind.

I may just have to make this trip.

Oh, and don't forget our friend Rick Benazic in his ITB Civic - I chased him around SP enough last fall to know what he's capable of.

R2 Racing
10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
And.....of course......Rucks hungry...[/b]
Was that a fat joke? That's not very nice, Jake. :(

lateapex911
10-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Not at all, Kevin! I was thinking of your finish last year, and how things didn't go your way in Ohio....and I left you until last on the list because I think you have as good a shot as anyone, but maybe you are more motivated....am I wrong? My impression is that you really want this win...I am REALLY sorry if you think that was a cheap shot...it NEVER crossed my mind when I typed it....

(I also hope that the comment seemed really out of character for me....I try to keeep my comments fact based, and while I might be complimentary or critical of someone, I try to base that on their writings and actions....and try to do so in a fair way..I'm not here to lob dumb insults for no reason.)

Tkczecheredflag
10-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Although Anthony Serra is still a (?) with his "A" car, I keep hearing that he is making RA. Could add a little spice to ITA.
I would have to give Andy Bettencourt the "nod" in "A" but that requires showing up. The 09 makes lots of power and has a talented driver.
Andy - come down and show us how it's done and take home the trophy that has eluded you this year - respect for your driving ability - "opportunities knocking" (sorry that's a Honda commerical).

Eagle7
10-10-2007, 06:52 AM
...it NEVER crossed my mind when I typed it....[/b]

Nor mine when I read it.

RSTPerformance
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
(I also hope that the comment seemed really out of character for me....I try to keeep my comments fact based, and while I might be complimentary or critical of someone, I try to base that on their writings and actions....and try to do so in a fair way..I'm not here to lob dumb insults for no reason.)
[/b]

hummmm... lol I could find some "hits" on me, but that is more because I give em to you and we never get to do it on the track... lol JK ;) Someday maybe you will be in the ITB ranks!!!

Raymond "All in good fun" Blethen

IPRESS
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Andy, what they are saying is come on down and watch us disappear down the back straight. Stretch found out what he already knew, RAtlanta ain't the place for a miata against the top cars and drivers. Maybe yours is more developed then Bob's, but it would be a first. Bob usually has his car ready. Just the same it is a race not to miss even if you are running a unicycle! I can't wait.

R2 Racing
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Jake - relax, man. I was responding to a joke with a joke. :P

The internet strikes again! :cavallo:

lateapex911
10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh, phew....the frowning guy after your post sealed the deal for me and I thought I had stepped in it big.

Next time throw a smiley in there somewhare...I'm not out to make enemies out of friends. (As an ITAC guy there's plenty who hate me already, LOL)

dj10
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
(As an ITAC guy there's plenty who hate me already)
[/b]

YEA JAKE AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!!! ;) B)

Eagle7
10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
(As an ITAC guy there's plenty who hate me already, LOL)[/b]

You sure that's the reason? :D

gran racing
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Tall skinny bastard. :D Kevin, you're reply cracked me up!

lateapex911
10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
It's not "you are", it's "your", and how about a little predicting there, Gran?

;)

Andy Bettencourt
10-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Leverone is out for ITA...

Hey Stretch...if I get my car down there, you wanna drive it?

RacerBowie
10-11-2007, 07:13 AM

[/b]

I wonder how much faster a good 1.8 is over a good 1.6... B)

dj10
10-11-2007, 10:10 AM

[/b]

Wow! Really? If this is true I have a dilemma. I've met both Nick & Greg, both are good people, who do I root for?!? :D

Andy, how come you never come up to the Glen?

Andy Bettencourt
10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Andy, how come you never come up to the Glen?

[/b]

To date, the only NARRC race there has been a single event, not counting for track bonus points under the current rules so it has always been the first to drop off my schedule when trying to 'maximize' my yearly plan.

I had planned on doing the Last Chance Weekend all year but didn't realize it was the week after the NARRC Runoffs...the same time I booked a trip with my boys to Disney for a week 9 months ago - just got back last night at 1:00am...

Next year for sure - probably multiple times. I hope the NARRC committee will try and broker a deal with the PTB on a Double NARRC race during the 'Fun One' weekend in 2008. Then in 2009, I hope to parlay that event into a NARRC - MARRS SHOOTOUT...and if that is as successful as I think it will be, how about the '3rd point of light' event?

ARRC @ Road Atlanta

IT-SpecTacular @ Mid Ohio

The 'Fun One" featuring the 'September Sprints' @ Watkins Glen...

It's just a vision.....think about how many cars would come to WGI if it was a joint NARRC / MARRS points event / shootout for bragging rights...

dj10
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
To date, the only NARRC race there has been a single event, not counting for track bonus points under the current rules so it has always been the first to drop off my schedule when trying to 'maximize' my yearly plan.

I had planned on doing the Last Chance Weekend all year but didn't realize it was the week after the NARRC Runoffs...the same time I booked a trip with my boys to Disney for a week 9 months ago - just got back last night at 1:00am...

Next year for sure - probably multiple times. I hope the NARRC committee will try and broker a deal with the PTB on a Double NARRC race during the 'Fun One' weekend in 2008. Then in 2009, I hope to parlay that event into a NARRC - MARRS SHOOTOUT...and if that is as successful as I think it will be, how about the '3rd point of light' event?

ARRC @ Road Atlanta

It's just a vision.....think about how many cars would come to WGI if it was a joint NARRC / MARRS points event / shootout for bragging rights... [/b]

Andy, GREAT IDEA!!! :023: Count me in, then maye we could get some of the ITR wimps from DC region to come up and play. I heard someone talking up at WGI and they said you were just to cheap.:)

Eagle7
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
ARRC @ Road Atlanta

It's just a vision.....think about how many cars would come to WGI if it was a joint NARRC / MARRS points event / shootout for bragging rights... [/b]

I think you'd draw from GLDiv too. Not sure if there's a way to make it a points race, but I'm sure interested.

Chris Wire
10-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Amy is gonna be really, really tough to beat down there. My prediction is he does not take pole, but has a fierce battle and if he keeps it clean / on track, that car/driver/crew chief are the ones to beat.
[/b]

I think you're right. Amy is the Audi R10 and the Mosers are the RS Spyders. I was at the Petit LeMans; the Audi won! :)

ITS could be interesting if Irish Mike builds another rocket motor for his new E46 BMW and makes the trip. Good race if he does, Huffmaster is a lock if he doesn't.

ITR hasn't blossomed yet at the races I've attended so I'll go with the concensus pick. :)

ITB & C are out of my knowledge base so can't comment.

Wishing I could make the trip more and more each day!

Andy Bettencourt
10-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I heard someone talking up at WGI and they said you were just to cheap. :) [/b]

They must have said that BEFORE my crew chief ran a 2:18.6 !!! Seriously - no more money for 2007 and a big project for 08 that has a cage in it already.

RSTPerformance
10-11-2007, 11:11 PM
They must have said that BEFORE my crew chief ran a 2:18.6 !!! Seriously - no more money for 2007 and a big project for 08 that has a cage in it already.
[/b]

what is this project?

Andy Bettencourt
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
what is this project? [/b]

Pics will be available soon. Or just swing by FOM HQ. Otherwise, see it in March at VIR.

Greg Amy
10-12-2007, 05:56 AM
what is this project?[/b]

Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is just one SCCA category where I don't have to race against a Miata.

It's not really asking for much, is it?

Just one?

Pretty please...?

dickita15
10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is just one SCCA category where I don't have to race against a Miata.

Just one?

Pretty please...?
[/b]
I am pretty sure you will have to go to open wheel Greg. :D

dominojd
10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
[/b]

Don't be tryin to shave tenths off of his time. :D 2:18.717 just a little more than 7 tenths off of the track record. Not bad for a guy who has never driven the car and doesn't own it.

I am pretty sure you will have to go to open wheel Greg. :D
[/b]

Sorry dick I heard they are starting a class were you can take the front fenders off and run with the FA cars. :D

Andy Bettencourt
10-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is just one SCCA category where I don't have to race against Bettencourt.

Just one?

Pretty please...?

[/b]

Fixed that for ya... :)

dickita15
10-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Heck Andy, as far as annoying Miatas to race against I am not sure you even make the top ten. :D

Greg Amy
10-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Heck Andy, as far as annoying Miatas to race against I am not sure you even make the top ten. :D[/b]
Nah, not even close (especially given I don't recall too many times of anyone actually "racing" against you this year...)

Hey, it ain't all about you, Andy... ;)

Andy Bettencourt
10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey, it ain't all about you, Andy... ;) [/b]

Keep tellin' yourself that!

Seriously - this years ITA battle is going to be great. Can't wait for Boo-hee to show us what the 1.6 can do and we know the Mosers are locked and loaded. Some big Teg's will be there as well plus the usual suspects. AWESOME!

Tkczecheredflag
10-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Nah, not even close (especially given I don't recall too many times of anyone actually "racing" against you this year...)
[/b]
OUCHHH Greg! That's going to leave a mark. :lol:

lateapex911
10-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Andy, GREAT IDEA!!! :023: Count me in, then maye we could get some of the ITR wimps from DC region to come up and play. I heard someone talking up at WGI and they said you were just to cheap. :) [/b]

Given the amount of racing Andy does, the amount of shop time, time spent doing FOM stuff, and the time spent dynoing, researching, days testing, time spent on the SMAC AND the ITAC, I have ZERO idea HOW or why his wife hasn't divorced him yet....

He appears to be the best time juggler around, and must be making some serious buy- her- a- diamond- a- month bucks, LOL.

JLawton
10-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Given the amount of racing Andy does, the amount of shop time, time spent doing FOM stuff, and the time spent dynoing, researching, days testing, time spent on the SMAC AND the ITAC, I have ZERO idea HOW or why his wife hasn't divorced him yet....

[/b]

He's one of those "work from home" salesman. He's got all day to do this stuff!!

Plus, Greg knows from gettin' it the butt from Andy so much, he's very well hung!! :blink:

:D

Jeremy Billiel
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
He's one of those "work from home" salesman. He's got all day to do this stuff!!

Plus, Greg knows from gettin' it the butt from Andy so much, he's very well hung!! :blink:
:D
[/b]

OUCH!!!!! :bash_1_: :bash_1_:

lateapex911
10-13-2007, 11:55 AM

:D [/b]

OMG..........

(I was going to drag Joe into this, but it's gone faaaar enough...)
;0

JLawton
10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
OMG..........

(I was going to drag Joe into this, but it's gone faaaar enough...)
;0
[/b]

Simmer down Jake, I meant that figuratively. ;)

R2 Racing
10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Some big Teg's will be there[/b]
Come on, guys. :(

Finally registered. So did Ian (Green). Now at 27 ITA cars.

Unfortunately it looks like our Mid Ohio track record holding ITS Prelude won't be making the trip afterall. If only ITA & ITS were seperated by lunch or something....