PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Glen...

RSTPerformance
10-03-2007, 11:37 PM
What is the best route with a BIG trailer???

Raymond "Never make it up that hill in downtown" Blethen

DaveITB1
10-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Mass Pike to NYS Thruway to Albany
88 West to Elmira (3hrs from Albany) - Careful !! - State Trooper Training Ground
14 North to the Glen

Have fun going up that last big hill with that trailer !!

See you there .......

- Dave

DaveITB1
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I had to re-read your post to get what you were REALLY asking.

To avoid that big-a** hill in town, do the following:

As you get onto rte14, outside of Elmira/Horseheads, you will pass a sign for SOARING EAGLES GOLF COURSE. You will see a white dome on the right. A sports center I think.

A couple of miles up look for JOHNSON-HOLLOW RD on your left. There is a post office at that corner, but no traffic light. Turn left up that road. It is windy-twisty, but a gradual climb (county route 12 I think).

That road runs into route 414. Turn RIGHT on 414.

That will intersect with route 16 (the light at the top of the hill with the go-cart track). Turn left at the light onto route 16, and that takes you to the track.

Check the aerial view in mapquest, and you'll see what I'm talking about. It will save you about 20 minutes of travel time.

Good Luck.
Dave

RSTPerformance
10-06-2007, 02:48 AM
Apparently Stephen got lost with these directions and/or Steph (His Girlfriend) navigating and writting down the Directins I read to them over the phone... One of two things happened...

Dave gave us incorrect directions hoping we would get lost and not make it...

or

Yeah... steph was navigating ;)

Either way they made it to the track, and I am in Ithica now, waiting till the morning to head up to the track after a stop at Wegmans!!!

Raymond and Crew

DaveITB1
10-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Dave gave us incorrect directions hoping we would get lost and not make it...

Raymond and Crew
[/b]

I lend you gas cans and this is how I'm thanked?
You cut Ray.... You cut me real deep..... :mad1:

#1. Tow Vehicle grenaded on the NY Thruway Thursday night. Spun bearing? $300 tow off the highway.
#2. Went from track to Auburn to track Friday night to get the race trailer (no trailer lights from Auburn to Glen)
#3. Smarty sick as a dog 10 minutes before qualifying.
#4. Driveshaft snaps 15 minutes into qualifying ( Bob doesn't even make it 0.2 miles)
#5. Have to get pushed across start/finish in front of all the other teams to get 1 point for the enduro series.

Not a good weekend all around for Team Jagermeister.

P.S. Thanks for the use of your camera mount. Too bad we couldn't put it to use :(
Congratulations on the 2nd place finish.
See you next year, unless you finally contact me to go skiing this winter :)

- Dave

RSTPerformance
10-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Dave-

I was very bummed not to see you on the track... We were looking forward to running wth you as we were at Pocono... Maybe we are bad luck for you???

Your directions were good... The Navigater missed the golf course, and the driver was going to fast

Raymond "Did you at least ahve some Jagermeister" Blethen

DaveITB1
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Raymond "Did you at least ahve some Jagermeister" Blethen
[/b]

Of the 2 of us, I think Bob had more of the Jagermeister. Go figure.......