PDA

View Full Version : Custom 3-Puck Clutch

JeffYoung
10-03-2007, 10:33 PM
A few months back someone posted a place -- "The Clutchnet" or something -- that makes custom 3- puck clutches. Can anyone redirect to that link?

Thanks.

Jeff

tnord
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM
A few months back someone posted a place -- "The Clutchnet" or something -- that makes custom 3- puck clutches. Can anyone redirect to that link?

Thanks.

Jeff
[/b]

if you don't find them, i'd give SPEC clutches a call. they seem to do all kinds of stuff, even if their name isn't on it.

buldogge
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey Jeff... Sure enough, www.clutchnet.com is one source. I like to work with www.southbendclutch.com as well. Really nice folks to deal with.

Good luck...

Thanks.

Jeff
[/b]

RSTPerformance
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I started the thread, and got some great info...

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...topic=11944&hl= (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11944&hl=)

Clutchnet was not responsive at all. I left phone messages on an answering machine that doesn't even give a greeting that includes the company name, so I have to wonder how big the company is considering it has over 30,000 products listed on the website... I also sent an e-mail and have not got a reply.

Kennedy Engineered Products (KEP) was excellent. I called them and they answered the phone, then listened to me, and gave advice on what product to get. He offered to make anything I wanted but made his suggestions. He also is going to make the clutch with a 1/2 day lead time and ship it to me so that I have it in time to make it to a test day next thursday.

Hope this helps, Good luck!!!!

Raymond

Conover
10-03-2007, 11:36 PM
kEP :023:

Clutchnet, I had some experience with them a few years ago, not too impressed, I mean when I FINALLY got the product it was ok, it was the getting it part that really sucked! :mad1:

JeffYoung
10-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Excellent, thanks all.

Mark, enjoyed racing with you in Nashville. Sorry again for the bump -- not my style, I just couldn't get whoaed up in time.

Again, thanks for the leads.

Jeff

buldogge
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Jeff... No problem. That little bump was the least of our problems...We sheared BOTH tranny mounts...ripped through the tranny crossmember and tore (1) motor mount through the front subframe! :mad1:

The gators weren't so nice to the tires either...I suppose I should have stayed off of them!! ;)

Excellent, thanks all.

Mark, enjoyed racing with you in Nashville. Sorry again for the bump -- not my style, I just couldn't get whoaed up in time.

Again, thanks for the leads.

Jeff
[/b]

JeffYoung
10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
The guys at Spec Clutch were amazing. Got a good price and ready to go -- cheaper than a stock one.

Mark, thanks again for the clean racing. Nashville was hard on my car. I was getting enough flex in the strut towers that the strut bar moved enough to knock a fitting off the intake manifold and crack it. Also destroyed the right front ball joint. Crazy. Not as bad as yours, but I probably won't be making a trip to Nashville again in the near future, which is a shame because I had a blast racing with you and Bill D.

DavidM
10-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey Jeff... No problem. That little bump was the least of our problems...We sheared BOTH tranny mounts...ripped through the tranny crossmember and tore (1) motor mount through the front subframe! :mad1:

The gators weren't so nice to the tires either...I suppose I should have stayed off of them!! ;)
[/b]

Damn! I guess cracking my fuel cell mount was such a bad deal after all. Seems like my car isn't the only one that got banged up at Nashville.

David