PDA

View Full Version : GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

thedemoguy
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
MAHONING VALLEY REGION SCCA
GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL
AT NELSON LEDGES
OCTOBER 20-21, 2007

WE NEED MORE ITB CARS TO RUN THIS RACE...!!!

This is going to be a great race and don't forget about "THE GREAT PUMPKIN RACE THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND...!!!

Bill Faster then you Johnson.......... :eclipsee_steering:

thedemoguy
10-04-2007, 07:58 PM
:happy204:

thedemoguy
10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
:026:

thedemoguy
10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
:dead_horse:

Willisbe
10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm out for the Golden Harvest. No money and time due to the 24hr.

Jeremy Cesene
Hillbilly Motorsports
#13 ITB (the real one)

RacerBill
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Same situation, plus me car will not be in B until 1/1/08

thedemoguy
10-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh come on...scrape it up, you can do 1 more, or 2 ...lol

The Johnson Demolition Co. will put up $50.00 to the winner of the ITB class on both days....that's $100 big ones if you win both days............. :happy204: :smilie_pokal: :OLA:

AjG
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Jeremy, what about the pumpkin? you comin'???

thedemoguy
10-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Great, me and my big mouth,... :o now the pinto guys are coming...

Aaron, did you see the lap times from the race at BeaveRun...?
You had the fast lap by far...was that a new track record...?

Is Crazy kyle coming.. :wacko: ...?
The dud's a nut... :cavallo:

Willisbe
10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Jeremy, what about the pumpkin? you comin'???
[/b]

Slim possibility, you guys can keep your doors...

Jeremy Cesene
Hillbilly Motorsports

BRAD BARNHOUSE
10-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Great, me and my big mouth,... :o now the pinto guys are coming...

You had the fast lap by far...was that a new track record...?

Is Crazy kyle coming.. :wacko: ...?
The dud's a nut... :cavallo:
[/b]

I need to get some tools back to Kyle that Matt Yip borrowed at the MARRS race. I have them, if anyone knows how to in touch with him please let me know.
Brad

AjG
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Great, me and my big mouth,... now the pinto guys are coming...

You had the fast lap by far...was that a new track record...?[/b]

I think all 3 pintos will make the Pumpkin, probably not the golden harvest though.
I wasn't at Beaver Run this year.
Dave (my brother) and Krazy Kyle (no relation, thankfully) were there, but I can assure you no track records were in danger. ;)

Slim possibility, you guys can keep your doors...[/b]

I welded the door right back on so no problem. I think I only had about 2 hrs/beers worth of labor in it. And it actually closes better now.

Whenever I say 'slim possibility' I usually end up at the track soooo.... see ya there.

thedemoguy
10-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Sorry Aaron had the wrong Gills...

Did Crazy Kyle tell you about the race he and I had ?
That was one hell of a race.............. :smilie_pokal:

Brad, Bring that ITA on out there,.....I need some pointers at turn 1, if you would just let me follower you a couple times I'm sure I could take at lest a second off my time.....

Then,... I WILL BE THE KING OF ALL ITB...... :smilie_pokal: .......HA HA HA...
THE MASTER OF DISASTER...
SLAYER OF THE PINTO HOURD... :cavallo:

BRAD BARNHOUSE
10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm done for the year. Those MARRS guys wore me out. No tires, stock motor, I don't have anything for that ita field. Following me probably would'nt help much. After driving that VW in the 24hr I reallized that there are no similar handling characteristics to my Civic. I will be there to watch though. Good luck.
Brad

thedemoguy
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Brad

Well at lest if I can get you, Csaba and Roland to watch me at 1 thru 3, I could get that son-of-a B!#@& right...
I can&#39;t let the pinto boys take my money... <_<

Willisbe
10-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Brad

Well at lest if I can get you, Csaba and Roland to watch me at 1 thru 3, I could get that son-of-a B!#@& right...
[/b]
Can you at least use it as company write-off......

Jeremy Cesene

BRAD BARNHOUSE
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Brad

[/b]
I think we would all have the same answer, DON&#39;T LIFT!
Brad

thedemoguy
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I&#39;m just not hitting it right every time I try to power thru turn 1 I hang my ass out in the grass, and then I get passed because I look like an ass out in the grass like a jackass...that&#39;s why I ask.... :blink:

dlg208
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
THE MASTER OF DISASTER...
SLAYER OF THE PINTO HOURD... :cavallo:
[/b]
PINTO Red #80 says...
It&#39;s one thing to get passed by a Jetta...But when a Pinto passes you....Time for a rebuild :dead_horse:

PINTO Grey #91 says...If you can&#39;t follow a Pinto through turn one in that Jetta you got problems.... a pinto for cripe sake!

PINTO Red & Grey # 99 says...
Cpt. Sparkles has a new sharpie...Are you ready for a new place on my bodywork?

PS....All 3 of us are drinking at scheming at Pinto Dave&#39;s house.

thedemoguy
10-13-2007, 12:29 AM
:birra: Well,...Opssum on a gum-bush,...We just rebuilt the engine before BeaveRun...

So bring it Pinto boy, Bring it....

Willisbe
10-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Bill,
You may want to ask Kyle what shape his tires are in before you you decide to go two wide with him.
Some people watch old racing videos when preparing for a race. Kyle likes to watch his Dukes of Hazard shows.

Jeremy Cesene
HillBilly Motorsports

thedemoguy
10-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I started racing figure-8 at the rip-old age of 15 and survived, so Krazy Kyle can watch the Dukes of Hazard or Deliverance...{you know the part he likes} or any other dad-blamed bing-ga-ding buck tooth banjo playin show he likes and it still isn&#39;t going to help............
And this is how it will go:

Saturday
1. I qualify on pole.
2. Race starts, I go like hell on strait, close eyes at corner {because I&#39;m scared} go like hell on strait and repeat.
3. pass every car on track.
4. Win race, Wave arm like idiot, Keep money.

Sunday
Repeat...

Willisbe
10-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I started racing figure-8 at the rip-old age of 15 and survived, so Krazy Kyle can watch the Dukes of Hazard or Deliverance...{you know the part he likes} or any other dad-blamed bing-ga-ding buck tooth banjo playin show he likes and it still isn&#39;t going to help............
And this is how it will go:

Saturday
1. I qualify on pole.
2. Race starts, I go like hell on strait, close eyes at corner {because I&#39;m scared} go like hell on strait and repeat.
3. pass every car on track.
4. Win race, Wave arm like idiot, Keep money.

Sunday
Repeat...0
[/b]

I may have to show after all....
Jeremy Cesene

AjG
10-13-2007, 10:58 AM
2. Race starts, I go like hell on strait, close eyes at corner {because I&#39;m scared} go like hell on strait and repeat.[/b]

well we&#39;ve been practicing straights so you might be in trouble... :birra:
[attachmentid=1162]

dlg208
10-13-2007, 12:13 PM
My plan is....

Qualify somewhere in the first 3 rows and let you guys entertain me...

Bill goes straight at 1
Jeremy & AJ do bumper cars again
Kyle mows grass somewhere (He has never driven a whole race without going off)

And I collect my $50.00 :birra:

thedemoguy
10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Aaron, now I know how your tires got that way...
This is looking like it&#39;s going to be an interesting race...

Not only will I be VICTORIOUS AND KEEP MY MONEY but with the cool weather my engine will run like a scalded monkey and I&#39;ll probably set a new ITB track record... :026:

Hey I like that, Johnson Demolition&#39;s Scalded Monkey Racing or Scalded Monkey MotorSports...

Willisbe
10-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Aaron, now I know how your tires got that way...
This is looking like it&#39;s going to be an interesting race...

Not only will I be VICTORIOUS AND KEEP MY MONEY but with the cool weather my engine will run like a scalded monkey and I&#39;ll probably set a new ITB track record... :026:
Hey I like that, Johnson Demolition&#39;s Scalded Monkey Racing or Scalded Monkey MotorSports...
[/b]

According to the MVR website, the record is 1:19.085 . I think that is only a second off your fastest time according to mylaps (http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=529922&highlight=14) but you have to keep the car running to do so ;)

thedemoguy
10-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Ya, 1 second, how many times have we been there, it&#39;s always that last second or a few hundredths of a second that are a bitch...
You need that perfect lap, and on a 2 mile track with 13 turns,...well that&#39;s hard to do, with those pinto&#39;s getting all that dirt and grass on the track at the exit of every turn where they come back on... :rolleyes:

http://www.kryderacing.com/mvrweb/2007mvrgoldenharvest.pdf

dlg208
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Technically...Ya only have to have one wheel on the track...

(GCR 6.83) :P

thedemoguy
10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
http://www.fordpinto.com/blowup.htm

:happy204:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/1977/09/compress.mov

thedemoguy
10-14-2007, 03:42 PM
A little something for you Pinto fellers, enjoy... :035:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE

dlg208
10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
V-dubs & Fords have a history of facing each other in battle... :smilie_pokal:

http://www.lonesentry.com/germansoldier/jeepkubelwagen.jpghttp://www.lonesentry.com/germansoldier/jeepkubelwagen.jpg

thedemoguy
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I&#39;m sorry if I&#39;m ribbing you guys to hard,... You know I like all of you...
Your a great bunch and I have a blast racing with you all...

thedemoguy
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
If you have an ITB car and you don&#39;t go to the Golden Harvest Race,..... Your penis will fall off... :unsure:

dlg208
10-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I&#39;m going...But I&#39;m not driving

I&#39;ll be the guy in white working the meatball flag station. :D

*Snicker-Snicker*

thedemoguy
10-15-2007, 08:45 PM
No matter what falls off my car don&#39;t give me the meatball.... it was probably something that fell off Kyle&#39;s car and got stuck under my car... <_<

I hope your penis doesn&#39;t fall off... :018:

Dave Damouth
10-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Are these the same Pinto&#39;s that were chasing each other around at Mid Ohio 2 weeks ago? That looked like so much fun, I was all set to go buy another Pinto! Then I remembered what Pinto ownership was like......

:cavallo: :dead_horse:

All you Hillbilly Motorsports folks bring lots of spare Mazda parts. Car&#39;s been sitting on the trailer since Mid Ohio, It&#39;s likely to be a bit ornery......

:eclipsee_steering:

No :snow_cool: This weekend!

AjG
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Are these the same Pinto&#39;s that were chasing each other around at Mid Ohio 2 weeks ago?[/b]
Yep.
Sunday was a great race for us.
You should get a Pinto, if we had a couple more we could start ITPinto! (no VW&#39;s allowed)

Renaultfool
10-16-2007, 06:54 PM
OK, you guys find me an early (71-73) skinny bumper one with a trunk lid (not the hatch version) and I will join in. I still have all the other parts and could put one together pretty quickly. You guys did look like you were having fun at Mid Ohio!
Carl

dlg208
10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Sunday was a great race for us.
[/b]
I counted 4 position changes not counting all the side by side stuff or the take-backs...

Me-AJ-Kyle
Me-Kyle-AJ
Kyle-Me-AJ
Kyle-AJ-Me

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/dlg208/691102956207_0_BG.jpg

BTW...Sorry to the yellow SSC guy whoever you are...
But the battle for 3rd was rather intense.
And I think he eventually gave up trying to catch the other ssc cars in front of us.

thedemoguy
10-17-2007, 07:38 AM
ENTRY LIST FOR THE MAHONING VALLEY GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

As of 10/16/07 8:30 pm

GROUP 1 ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC 12

# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe.... :wacko:
# 13 ITB Bill Johnson........................... :OLA:
# 24 ITB Greg Alley
# 48 ITE Lauren Shevchik
# 77 ITB William Emery
# 88 ITB James Morgan Jr
# 00 ITB Stewart Wright

dlg208
10-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Good lord!.....Watch out for Jim Morgan&#39;s new car.

It&#39;s his first race after spending all summer in the garage & it is BEAUTIFUL!

I&#39;m not going near that thing until somebody else puts a dent in it.

(Jeremy?)

thedemoguy
10-17-2007, 08:06 AM
What color is it ? ;)

Willisbe
10-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Good lord!.....Watch out for Jim Morgan&#39;s new car.

It&#39;s his first race after spending all summer in the garage & it is BEAUTIFUL!

I&#39;m not going near that thing until somebody else puts a dent in it.

(Jeremy?)
[/b]

I almost rip a door skin right off a Pinto and I don&#39;t hear then end of it.

I&#39;m not going to be racing this weekend. Saturday is the only race that I can make it to and I am not willing to spend $180 for one day. I emailed Sandi Kryder (the registrar) and asked her if I could race for $135 (1/2 price of the 2-day) and she said "I do not believe so. The one day fee is $180".

The 2/3 price for half of a weekend is garbage. Many race weekends I can only make it to one of the two days. There have been races in previous years that were half price for one day. I don&#39;t have the time or desire to hold a position within our chapter so I will make my opinions known by not entering this race.
With chapters complaining about low car count;
1. Why wouldn&#39;t consideration be made for drivers who only what to race half of the weekend?
2. What is the additional cost for the Chapter of a driver only racing one day as opposed to two that would give merit to this addional fee of 33% for the single? (for you non-Hillbilly math guys- two day=$270, 1/2 price= 135, 135 + 135 x .33=180)

What about you pinto boys? Can you make it for one day and not want to spend 2/3 the price of the weekend to do it?

Jeremy Cesene
Hillbilly Motorsports

thedemoguy
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Jeremy
I&#39;m sorry your not going to make it, I was looking forward to racing with you, it&#39;s going to be a GREAT Race with a good ITB class...

I do understand what your saying about the fees there ridicules and I&#39;m sure some people somewhere are making a good living because of it, but if that&#39;s what it cost, well I&#39;ll pay it....
Until I find a more economical way to get my racing fix....

We only get one ride on the track of life and I&#39;m going to make it a good one......

AjG
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks like the Pinto&#39;s are coming after all, at least we&#39;re gonna try... talk about peer pressure. damn.

Carl, what was the name of the good Napa pads? I have no brakes, hope they still sell them.

Jeremy, I understand the time/money thing, no way I should be out there this weekend but...here I go.
Its looking like a good ITB turnout if you can make it, if not maybe we&#39;ll see ya at the Pumpkin.

dlg208
10-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Looks like the Pinto&#39;s are coming after all, at least we&#39;re gonna try... talk about peer pressure. damn.
[/b]
Looks like no sleep for me in the next 2 days...

I have no brakes, hope they still sell them.
[/b]
I have some old Porterfields...They have about 12 good stops left in them...
(Choose wisely :unsure: )

Now EVERYBODY is coming EXCEPT Jeremy..... <_<

thedemoguy
10-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Aaron
Go to Auto Zone and get the performance friction pads, life time on them and they work very well...
But don&#39;t tell them your putting them on a race car...lol it may be hard to get them to replace them...lol

Willisbe
10-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Anyone have a big shoe that I can borrow?

After a few emails I found out some info that reduced my ignorance on the prices of this event.
The minimum amount that an additional single car would cost the region is $32 for medical insurance if less than 100 cars are registered.
If over 100 cars are registered the cost would be;
$100 to the track for over-car rental fee
$32 for medical

Yeah, I&#39;m in.

Now time to get the cars ready..... I can&#39;t get the race car back into the garage till I fix the daily driver in front of it.

Jeremy Cesene

Renaultfool
10-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Those NAPA brake pads for my Renault are AE-7131A-M. I am sure they make them for the Pinto as I used them before. They were refered to as Ralok then. Now they are NAPA, United Brake Parts, Application Engineered, metalic brake pads which is why the part number starts with AE. You will not be dissatisfied with these pads. You need to run them through a heat cycle to burn off the glue and solvent. Usually two or three hard applications and you will sense fade one time only. After that they are perfect. If anyone tries to outbrake you they will not make the corner so be careful if they are on the inside because they are going straight or spinning. And they cost less than $50. No point in spending more for brakes than for the car, right?
I would not use them on rotors that have run carbon metalics as they will have much too much surface hardness from the transfered carbon.

thedemoguy
10-18-2007, 08:44 PM
How many are coming for practice Friday ?

I know I need it, I haven&#39;t been in the car since BeaveRun and I&#39;m probably rusty, so don&#39;t expect much from me,... I&#39;m such a Slug... :(

HOME
ENTRY LIST FOR THE MAHONING VALLEY GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

As of 10/18/07 10:00 AM

Please note: Groups 1 and 2 are going to be combined. Group 8 is being eliminated. Cars from group will be moved elsewhere based on entries. FF has been moved to Group 3

GROUP 2 ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC, SM 25

# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe
# 9 ITB Kyle Selden
# 13 ITB Bill Johnson
# 24 ITB Greg Alley
# 48 ITE Lauren Shevchik
# 77 ITB William Emery
# 80 ITB David Gills
# 86 ITB Greg Rizzen
# 88 ITB James Morgan Jr

# 41 ITC Carll Holbrook
# 03 ITC Mark McAllister
# 07 ITC Jim Royal

# 31 SSC Brett Mars
# 62 SSC Bruce Keillor
# 90 SSC Al Sauerland

# 4 SM David Jones
# 12 SM Dan Harding
# 40 SM Jeffrey Norris
# 45 SM Bob Kucera
# 64 SM Kent Tompkins
# 67 SM John Legg
# 71 SM Eric Budwit
# 83 SM Thomas Minuto
# 98 SM Charlie Campbell
# 99 SM Bob Doernberg [/b]

Me and my big mouth,...Now there are 9 ITB cars and that&#39;s just preregistration, holy moly this is going to be GREAT.....!!!! I&#39;m going to kick ALL your butts..............lol

I AM YOUR MASTER !!!!!
KING OF ALL ITB.....HA HA HA !!!!!

Campbell
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Who won?

Renaultfool
10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I will have the results on the www.mvrscca.org website in about an hour.
Carl

szilard
10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
what was up with that restart after the full course caution in group 5 on saturday ????? it picked up the field at mid pack and let the leaders come all the way around to the tail end of the field.. then the pace car began to wave by the "tail end of the lead lap" cars to go back around on the back stretch, then let the leaders go too.. and was still on the track when the green flew ? - And what &#39;bout that GT1 vette being waved onto pit road from the false grid and almost getting t-boned by the pace car that was coming off the track for the green ??? yikes ;(

dlg208
10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I was at the corner worker party Saturday evening over by 13 and asked the same question of the pace car driver...
(can&#39;t remember his name)

He said radio communications went out on the first lap & while they were switching batteries the assistant driver forgot to turn off the lights....So they had to do another lap.

They were VERY upset about the whole thing & embarrassed.

BTW...It was neither pace car or starts error.
(they don&#39;t have communication with each other)
The race steward talks to the pace car on the steward&#39;s net and then communicates to start via the control land line/flagger&#39;s net)

And what &#39;bout that GT1 vette being waved onto pit road from the false grid and almost getting t-boned by the pace car that was coming off the track for the green ??? yikes ;(
[/b]

Didn&#39;t hear about that one.

thedemoguy
10-23-2007, 09:27 PM
# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe won both races,... :(
I was hit in oak tree on Saturday and went back to 3rd... :mad1:
I would have caught Constantin...NOT !!! that guy was flying........

Sunday, I was taken out buy the same guy that got me on Saturday in the first lap in the kink at over 100 MPH,...I made it back on track but lost my brakes and had to come in......... :mad1:

All in all the weekend sucked

dlg208
10-24-2007, 07:19 AM
I will have the results on the www.mvrscca.org website in about an hour.
Carl
[/b]

My laps...

http://www.mylaps.com/search/advancedSearc...Gills&subject=6 (http://www.mylaps.com/search/advancedSearchResults.jsp?searchText=David%20Gills&subject=6)

thedemoguy
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
:wacko:

joeg
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
The PUMPKIN WAS A BLAST TOO!!

thedemoguy
10-29-2007, 08:07 AM
It was great fun till the last lap... :bash_1_:

thedemoguy
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I just looked at all the results of the #66 Honda civic that got me in turn one on the last lap Sunday and it shows nothing but ITA results...That pic is the car that had ITB on the side of it... :mad1:

That&#39;s why he loaded up and took off so fast...... <_<

thedemoguy
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.j...486&highlight=5 (http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=568486&highlight=5)

dazzlesa
10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
jim i am not sure what the comments mean. i also have a ITA car. the car i had with me is a ITB civic. i ran out of there because it was a 9 hour trip home. everybody i met was super nice. i had no intentions in making contact with you. i think it was a racing deal and i am happy that it was not worse for either of us.
from my perspective i was following you down the front stretch and there was no way to get past you, your car was quicker than mine . i moved right trying to get you to think that i would make a move into one. to my amazement you took a defensive line entering the corner carrying too much speed. at that point i took the traditional line. i saw you losing the car so i went to the inside. as i was passing you i was saying to myself i hope you do not shoot back across the track. and then bang. i was hit in the left door and rear quarter with your right front. i am not sure how it can be my fault. at that speed there was no where else to go accept down the inside of you. i did not hit you in any way shape or form that caused you to drift wide. i had a blast racing at nelson with the whole bunch. if you wish to discuss further just let me know. rick

thedemoguy
10-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Your car got awfully fast on the last lap and win I looked at your My-laps and see all the ITA races with the red car that looked like the car I raced with this weekend and with leaving so fast,...what would you think...?
The way I see it I go into 1 very fast and barely stay on the track and for 19 laps I would gain a lot of distends on you from turn 1 all the way to the carousal, then you would be on me after the straits.
But I new at turn 1 I would get some breathing room...

Unfortunately as I gathered up the car coming out of turn 1 you came in deeper then you had all weekend and if I wasn&#39;t in your line I&#39;ll bet you would have went right off the track,... so I felt like a bumper..
I was, but a wiser bumper I am...

This is the second time in the last 2 races that I have declined to file a protest by the request of the officials,
And only because this is my first year racing with the SCCA, I&#39;ve come to this origination because of the fun and laid back atmosphere, good competition without all the bullshit...but in the last 3 races I&#39;ve been hit 3 times, one 2 weeks ago at over 100 mph and for what...? a $5 plaque...

Hopefully next year will be better, and for thous of you that I raced with this year, thanks for putting up with me and all my questions and lack of ability, I&#39;ve learned a lot this year and look forward to beating all of you next year... :smilie_pokal:

dlg208
10-29-2007, 09:17 PM
There is a good article in the Oct 07 SportsCar on passing by Randy Pobst. (pg. 18) :happy204: