PDA

View Full Version : Petit LeMans, anyone?

Chris Wire
10-02-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll be travelling north Friday afternoon to attend the Petit LeMans on Saturday. A rather well-connected relative has some VIP passes which gets us free food/beverages all day, and sometimes a chauferred golf cart as well! It's the only way to fly!

Anyway, I was wondering which IT.comers might be going and if you know where in the paddock area you might be observing the Pirelli girls? Oh did I say that out loud? I mean, where are you watching the racing from? Yeah, that&#39;s the ticket! </lovitz>

Simon Tibbett
10-02-2007, 10:36 PM
I&#39;ll be going early Thursday morning and staying until the finish Saturday night, then coming home, and running a Solo 2 event Sunday :happy204:

CaptainWho
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Sorry we missed you guys. I didn&#39;t even see these posts until just now. :( If you saw two guys down on the grid with bizarre helmets adorned with matchbox cars, that was The Nuts. :)

CDS
10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
I just saw this thread too (been away a while). I was there Saturday with my son. If you saw a short overweight bald guy with a "I&#39;m the Stig&#39;s fat american cousin" t-shirt on (from "Top Gear") that was me. :D

CaptainWho
10-24-2007, 08:26 AM
If you saw a short overweight bald guy with a "I&#39;m the Stig&#39;s fat american cousin" t-shirt on (from "Top Gear") that was me. :D
[/b]

Hmmm. You know, I might have seen you. I saw at least one T-shirt with a Stig reference on it, anyway.

Chris Wire
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I just saw this thread too (been away a while). I was there Saturday with my son. If you saw a short overweight bald guy with a "I&#39;m the Stig&#39;s fat american cousin" t-shirt on (from "Top Gear") that was me. :D
[/b]

Ah, the truth revealed!

A poster on another forum had suggested that Dave Junkins (aka Junktech) from Orlando was the "Big Stig".

Could we have two?