PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Pro IT - what is this?

Beran
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
What car classes are in this? Is it worth doing this? I cannot find much detail about this race.
It is a different sign up sheet correct?
I run an ITB Golf and this will be my first time there. I'll do the test day.
Thought?
Thanks
Beran

Butch Kummer
10-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Pro-IT is an Atlanta Region series who's rules can be found here: http://www.atl-scca.org/Documents%20Word/2...0IT%20Rules.doc (http://www.atl-scca.org/Documents%20Word/2007/2008%20PRO%20IT%20Rules.doc) (don't know if that will create a link when I post it or not). It IS open to most IT cars and all permutations of Spec Miatas as well. We run it on Friday afternoon, and many out-of-division drivers use it for extra seat time prior to "real" races on Saturday and Sunday. Some folks skip it because of additional damage risk, but over the last few years we've averaged over 50 cars in the Pro-IT.

Yes, there are separate "sign up sheets" for the Pro-IT, ARRC, and Enduro. If it's important to you to have the same car number for all three events, your chances are better the earlier you sign up.

BK

Beran
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Great - Thanks!
Sounds like it might be a good way to get more seat time at the track.

Cobrar05
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Butch!! Are you going to allow ITO cars in the pro IT? Please.

tbtapper
10-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I would highly recommend doing the Pro-IT if you've got the resources. Pro-IT races are usually 5 laps longer than the ARRC races and basically there is a split start for the faster cars.

The race pretty much gets all mixed up quickly as the faster cars catch the slower ones and it's great exposure for "traffic management" skill development.

It seems only logical if you've towed a great distance to maximise seat time and Pro-IT is a terrific way to do that.

Travers
ITS19

Butch Kummer
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Catching up on things after getting back from the Runoffs.

ITO will NOT be added to the Pro-IT series for the 2008 season (which starts with the ARRC by GRM in November 2007). The Pro-IT Committee is concerned about the speed disparity between the fastest and slowest cars now, and adding ITO to the mix would further widen that gap.