PDA

View Full Version : New IT class in SE - ITO - anyone going?

titanium
10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I had a good time racing B Prepared this year, but the turnouts were very low. Never more than 3 cars.
With the SouthEast Division making ITO the new division-wide 'catch-all' class, (replacing the local-only ITE) is anyone out there thinking of running the new class?
(The rules are on the SE Division website)

Cobrar05
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Ding, Ding, Ding. My plan is to run for the sarrc championship in that class and maybe run a national or two in BP. Since SEDiv added NASA American Iron rules to the rule package for ITO, I can just configure my car to those simple specs without having to carry around all the IMSA Grand Sport rules.

I enjoyed racing with you at Roebling last spring and would look forward to more. What tracks do you expect to enter? I will run VIR and Roebling for certain. Probably a couple of Road Atlanta as well, with the possibility of a Sebring event or two.

Rob

titanium
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
All I know for sure is I'll do all the Central Florida region races for '08, plus at least one out-of-region race.
It will be somewhere in the southeast, RA, Barber, VIR, or Roebling.
I'm still not sure what class I'll run yet....
It's still undecided if I took the CFR championship in BP this year, so there may be 'unfinished business'.

Cobrar05
10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I have been pouring over the schedule and trying to decide what I will do for 2008. I will have a national license and can run national SCCA races in BP. The same car can run ITO since its far from maxxed out to BP specs. It can also run NASA American Iron which in the southeast has 8 to 12 entries per event.

We are adding a second car to the team, a '99 SVT Cobra, built to similar specs with a 4.6L 4v instead of the 5.8L in the '95 Cobra R. If I am happy with it compared to the "R", then I can do a few more races.

I will do the 6 to 8 SARRC ITO races and the SIC for sure. I will do 6 NASA races for sure. After that I am undecided. I may do a couple of national weekends at my main tracks as practice for SARRC races. I may run the minimum 7 weekends of NASA to run for points there as well. I may run the minimum 3 race weekends in NASA to qualify for their Nationals, then run both the 2008 IT Spectacular and the NASA Nationals which are held at MidOhio about a month apart.

Which of the Daytona and Sebring SARRC and restricted regionals would you recommend if I wanted to come down for one?