PDA

View Full Version : I.T.SPEC*tacular 2008

TAC
09-29-2007, 09:15 PM
To all,

I hope everyone is having a safe season.

The Cincinnati Region has submitted the dates of August 8th-10th 2008 to SCCA for the 2nd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular. We will not get the official request form from Mid Ohio until the end of October and will hopefully have a set date by the middle of November.

I'll keep you posted as things progress. :024:

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair

tom91ita
09-29-2007, 09:49 PM
outstanding! my season calendar and budget will have this put in first!

RacerBill
10-01-2007, 06:38 AM
:026: :026: :026: :026: :026:

:D :D :D :D :D

TAC
11-06-2007, 07:53 AM
O.K. gang,

The official paperwork has been sent in to Mid Ohio for August 8th - 10th 2008. I'll let you know when the official reply comes back.

I'll see some of you in the paddock at the ARRC....... and hopefully NOT at my corner station :) :eclipsee_steering:

RacerBill
11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Look for Skybus tickets for the months of June, July and August to go on sale either the week of Jan 7 or Jan 14. First 10 seats on EVERY flight are $10!

TAC
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
This is also posted under the GLDiv. forum but for those of you who have missed it:

Here is the Tentative GLDiv. Schedule. " Tentative" means we have no confirmation on the Mid Ohio dates listed yet. http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/92

Todd

TAC
11-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Well.

Mid Ohio has their Pro Schedule online. I'll start pestering them this week to see if we are a go for Aug. 8th-10th. I'll let everyone know when I get the answer. (The schedule set up with the spectator events is the same so I don't expect a major change for the club events.)

Todd

shwah
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
With the wife taking a year off work, I am evaluating next year's race schedule/budget. Barring additional sponsor support, it looks like a 3 event season - this one, a local race and ARRC.

It was hard to skip this in 07, and I don't want to make that mistake twice in a row.

TAC
11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Barring additional sponsor support, it looks like a 3 event season - this one, a local race and ARRC.

It was hard to skip this in 07, and I don't want to make that mistake twice in a row.
[/b]

Chris,

Glad to see your going to try and make it. This past year was fun, next year should be bigger and better.

Todd

TAC
12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
O.K. gang,

I got confirmation from Mid Ohio today that our date request for Aug 8th-10th 2008 has been approved.

The I.T.SPEC*tacular is a GO!!!

T- minus 234 days and counting. :114:

dickita15
12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
EGGS-SAL-ANT
that is a very open weekend for the NARRC guys.

RacerBill
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Morning, Dick

Todd, GREAT NEWS!!!!

233 DAYS and counting!

Rabbit07
12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
O.K. gang,

I got confirmation from Mid Ohio today that our date request for Aug 8th-10th 2008 has been approved.

T- minus 234 days and counting. :114:
[/b]

Whoo HOO!!!!!! :happy204: :happy204: :happy204: :eclipsee_steering: :eclipsee_steering: :eclipsee_steering:

lateapex911
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Radar LOCKED!

TAC
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Dick & Jake,

How deep in snow are the IT-7's buried? :snow_cool:

dickita15
12-20-2007, 06:42 AM
We have had 2 ice storms then 11” the 4” than only another inch last night, flurries tonight, big rain forecast for Sunday. Last year our first storm was end of January. Jake is costal so he is probably just wet. Now the Blethen’s up north might be another story.

lateapex911
12-20-2007, 09:39 AM
We had a few inches, but it was mostly an ice pellet storm, followed by a nice wet rain that glazed things up nicely. My car raced into the trailer and had the door close 10 minutes before the first few flakes fell, or it wouldn't have made it in all winter!

Dicks car is probably resting comfortably in his 2000 square feet of usually dry (except for freak floods) and warm (sort of, he's not extravagent) shop)

As for the Blethens, well, those cars ARE FWD..........

RSTPerformance
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Now the Blethen’s up north might be another story.
[/b]

As for the Blethens, well, those cars ARE FWD..........
[/b]

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. I have been a bit busy enjoying the break from racing and focusing a bit on life away from the track?
We are completely snowed in!!! No need to travel to the mountains to go skiing, we can just go to parking lots and hike the mounds of snow!!! I can't remember the last time we had this much snow at one time, and winter hasn’t even begun.

Our cars are stored away in the trailer at my brother’s house. I don't think it is even a possibility to get the trailer moved at this point, so the cars are probably snowed in till late April or possibly even May… Most likely we won’t make Pocono, but we would love to make it for the first SCCA race at NJMP!!!

Raymond "I love my shovel :birra: " Blethen

PS: Yes, they are FWD and are a blast to take Ice Racing... I havn't done anything with the motor otherwise that is what I would be setting it up for now... With the studded Minards on it and the quaife it will go through anything, although a bit bumpy through the snow drifts ;) !!!

TAC
12-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Ah! Gotta love good old boring Cincinnati. 50 degrees and not a sign of snow. Another brown Christmas :)

dominojd
12-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Dicks car is probably resting comfortably in his 2000 square feet of usually dry (except for freak floods) and warm (sort of, he's not extravagent) shop)

[/b]

Are you sure it is not resting in that cute little BUBBLE he had at ITfest. ? :P

Cobrar05
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
This would be my first attempt at Mid Ohio. Is there a driver coach you would recommend for the PDX/practice day?

gran racing
12-24-2007, 09:31 AM
I had Jeremy Lucas (from Fast Technology - a DL1 retailer) help me out last year. I so didn't get the track the first few sessions, but in the end it eventually came together (most of it, that is). 614-216-9552

dj10
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
O.K. gang,

T- minus 234 days and counting. :114: [/b]

I hope there are some ITR cars this year B) .

TAC
12-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I hope there are some ITR cars this year B) .
[/b]

That would be nice since I had all those trophies left over. ;)

philstireservice
01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Todd,

According to the GCR...regional Spec Miata is an open tire rule, but specicfic regional events can be "spec". Is the IT Fest one of those "spec" events for Miata? Curious tire people would like to know.:024:

Phil

TAC
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Todd,

According to the GCR...regional Spec Miata is an open tire rule, but specicfic regional events can be "spec". Is the IT Fest one of those "spec" events for Miata? Curious tire people would like to know.:024:

Phil

Phil,

SM will run with the open tire rule again this year. I'd assume the assume the same holds true for SSM?

Todd

Andy Bettencourt
01-19-2008, 05:07 PM
No on SSM. SSM rules state Toyo only.

I know that drivers from the NARRC, NERRC and MARRS series will have to buy 2-3 sets of Hoosiers to be comeptitive just for this event as they are all spec Toyo on the Regional level. That is a tough pill to swallow and I doubt you will see much travel from those drivers to this event if you keep that rule. But you may not need any out-of-towners for SM...

dj10
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
No on SSM. SSM rules state Toyo only.

I know that drivers from the NARRC, NERRC and MARRS series will have to buy 2-3 sets of Hoosiers to be comeptitive just for this event as they are all spec Toyo on the Regional level. That is a tough pill to swallow and I doubt you will see much travel from those drivers to this event if you keep that rule. But you may not need any out-of-towners for SM...

IMO this is just common sense. if the series is running a spec tyre you must keep them on the same tyres for the reasons AB mentioned.

philstireservice
01-19-2008, 10:54 PM
So Andy...

Every Spec Maita driver in the above mention series in the NE must runs Toyo's on a regional level? Or they just do?

Phil

Andy Bettencourt
01-20-2008, 12:14 AM
I know that the NARRC and NERRC HAVE TO run Toyo's and am 99% sure that the MARRS series runs Toyo's as well...all per the series regs.

TAC
01-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Andy,

Thanks for the info. We had 39 SM drivers last year with the open tire rule but I don't know how many traveled from the North East. I'll have to check. Sounds like SSM won't have a problem since everyone will be from the North East anyway and will be running Toyo.

Andy Bettencourt
01-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I only recognize one or two NE names...but again, you had 39, so you don't really need to 'fill' that field with out-o-towners.

dickita15
01-20-2008, 07:08 AM
I think that NYSRRC SM is still an open tire

Andy Bettencourt
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I think that NYSRRC SM is still an open tire

It is, that is why it wasn't on my list.

dj10
02-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Todd,
For the 3rd race, maybe you guys should consider a PRO IT RACE. This idea is spreading up and down the mid atlantic states. NJ region is putting in place a PRO IT schedule for 2008 and as you know it is big in the Atlanta Region and is run @ ARRC. IMO this deserves serious consideration and is a fantastic idea.

TAC
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Todd,
For the 3rd race, maybe you guys should consider a PRO IT RACE. This idea is spreading up and down the mid atlantic states. NJ region is putting in place a PRO IT schedule for 2008 and as you know it is big in the Atlanta Region and is run @ ARRC. IMO this deserves serious consideration and is a fantastic idea.

Good idea but I think the ARRC does it as an extra event separate from actual sprint races right?

Todd

dj10
02-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Good idea but I think the ARRC does it as an extra event separate from actual sprint races right?

Todd

Yep! It was a 50 mile race just like the sprints and we paid for it. We had to run a lot of decals for their sponsors.

R2 Racing
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
***Unrelated post warning!***

Dan Jones, turn your PM's on! :D

dj10
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
***Unrelated post warning!***

Dan Jones, turn your PM's on! :D
They should be on now. Sorry, I didn't even know they were off.:rolleyes:

TAC
02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Dan,

My thinking is if we were to do such a thing for the third race then everyone would have to pay. I would prefer it being an extra race if it were to happen and I'm not sure we could pull it off this year with the schedule as tight as it is. Plus it would be nice to have it connected in some way with a series. Butch and I have been bouncing the triple crown concept back and forth and feel it has real potential. Wanna be the primary sponsor? :happy204:

Todd

gran racing
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Why mess with a great thing? When I attend the IT Fest or the ARRC, my concentration is on that event. I kinda understand the value and attraction it has when run as a series. I personally would not be in favor of adding a Pro IT race to this weekend. The Cincy region has an awesome weekend - three races and tons of track time!!! I just don't see why adding this additional seperate race with a different title (and additional entry fees, chances to damage your car, wear on tires) would further improve upon the weekend. IF it means changing the existing weekend format, just be aware that is exactly what it would do and may impact peoples overall reaction towards attending the event.

dj10
02-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Dan,

My thinking is if we were to do such a thing for the third race then everyone would have to pay. I would prefer it being an extra race if it were to happen and I'm not sure we could pull it off this year with the schedule as tight as it is. Plus it would be nice to have it connected in some way with a series. Butch and I have been bouncing the triple crown concept back and forth and feel it has real potential. Wanna be the primary sponsor? :happy204:

Todd
Todd this was a suggestion for down the road, like 2009. I'm trying to think ahead especially for drawing some money sponsors. Remember nasa is promoting itself as pro racing and they are cashing in on some big money sponsors and drawing away from the racing base including IT! The question may be down the road, why am I racing for nothing when I could get something from nasa. SCCA and the regions better wake the hell up. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Your event will be a good one don't get me wrong but you better start thinking for the future. With all fo the track time you will get it would be another way to rake in some more $. Just like ProIT at ARRC it's up to the entrants if they want to run it or not. If your afraid you might damage your car, then don't run. If your afraid to wear out tires, don't run the ProIT and cut you qualifying down since 30 minutes is a long time. Everyone has their choices. NJ region is steping up to the plate with ProIT. Just keep an eye on the series and an open mind for the future of IT racing.

BTW if "Jones Plastering, Inc." could, I would sponsor the event, but I'm luckey enough just to be able to race.:D

tom91ita
02-07-2008, 11:37 PM
as far as i know, nasa has dropped the "pro" off their stickers, etc.

and after two years of nasa "pro" and going to the nationals and finishing on the podium, i have zilch from being "pro"

i am back to IT only this next year since Kumho "amateur" is better than "pro" Toyo contingincies.

even the nasa forums want to know what the "pro" means and many think it means that they are "pro" racing as in "for" or supporting racing.

but if ProIT came to mid-ohio, i might wonder down. but i am with dave, i would rather it not be part of this event unless it is needed to fill the fields. and i don't think that will be necessary.

TAC
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Dan,

A Pro I.T. race doesn't really fit what we are trying to accomplish with the creation of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. The whole idea was to emulate the June Sprints but on a regional level.

A triple crown featuring the I.T.SPEC*tacular, the ARRC and the individual division championships would be a points based series at the regional level.

Todd

dickita15
02-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Dan,

A Pro I.T. race doesn't really fit what we are trying to accomplish with the creation of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. The whole idea was to emulate the June Sprints but on a regional level.

Todd
and I think you are well on your way.

TAC
02-08-2008, 08:06 AM
and I think you are well on your way.

:023: thanks for the thumbs up Dick.

gran racing
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
why am I racing for nothing when I could get something from nasa.
Because I love racing, enjoy the people I race with, and do this for fun. I won't knock Pro IT as it is a great idea in certain areas. I don't think it needs to compete against standard regional races. Entry fees are higher than a standard regional - don't we always whine that entry fees are already too high? For this event, should the region take away existing track time to have a different lable on one of the races and charge participants another entry fee? (Last year's entry fee was quite reasonable.) If you do well in a Pro IT event, then yes, you'll get some money back. But what about all of the other racers?

Last year this event was absolutely fantastic!!! IF I had walked away with a $800 prize for winning something, that's not what I'd remember nor what would draw me back again this year. Todd, just keep doing what you & the region is doing and continue to build on a great thing.

SCCA and the regions better wake the hell up. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I think too many people are hung up on this whole lead / follow NASA notion. Listen, between SCCA AND NASA, we're only talking 65,000 participants in the entire country. While both organizations need to be aware of what each other is doing, I do not believe their primary focus should be trying to lure each other competitors away from one another. And nothing says that SCCA and NASA can't have their own niches.

dj10
02-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Dan,

A triple crown featuring the I.T.SPEC*tacular, the ARRC and the individual division championships would be a points based series at the regional level.

Todd
Todd, I do agree that the Triple Crown is a great idea and that you and Butch can make it work. I will be more than happy to race at your events and I'll have a great time but as a business person it's also making enough to support racing in the future. SCCA regions are like small companies and such must be treated as such. There are a lot of advertising mony out there but they want exposure. It's up to you to come up with ways to make them want to sponsor or support your efforts. Think outside the box my friend.;) Just keep an eye out for what NJ Region does with ProIT and maybe it can be incorporated down the road if feasable.

I do want to applaud your hard work for the Mid O event. I will do everything I can to make it this year.

Catch22
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Well, go try NASA then.
Maybe you'll like it. Many people go right back to SCCA.

And Atlanta Region has done ProIT races for years with nice payouts for doing well. Guess what??? Entries keep steadily dropping every year.
Why?
I dunno. But my guess is that most of us aren't actually in it for the money, and instead concentrate on the "big" races (ARRC, NERRC, and the one in this forum) and regional points chases. I personally will be at the ARRC this year, but I doubt I'll bother with the ProIT unless I just need some extra seat time.
<shrug>

Don't think NASA is going to take over the world. There really isn't that much money to be had there over what you can score with an SCCA contingency, and there are plenty of things SCCA does MUCH better than NASA. Safety is one of those things.
And don't think all amateur racers will flock to follow the promise of a few hundred bucks in prize money here and there. That isn't true either.

Just sayin'.

TAC
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
The original message has been posted under general discussions but I thought I'd throw it onto this thread as well.

Todd

Todd has mentioned it in other threads, but he & I have been working a program that recognizes the best drivers in a combination of one's divisional series, the I.T.SPEC*tacular, and the ARRC by GRM. Unlike the National Triple Crown (divisional champion, June Sprints, Runoffs) you won't need to win every leg, so a "champion" would be declared in every nationally-recognized IT class.

Since the SARRC series has already begun and many/most people have already established their plans for 2008, we're looking at starting the program for the 2009 racing season. We've been working on a set of rules that we're almost ready to send out for public comment, but before we do that we want to establish a "Triple Crown Advisory Committee" to review what we've done. We're looking for one person from each SCCA division that (1) is part of the IT community, (2) wants to help build IT participation, and (3) is capable of putting aside personal agendas to help do that. We're not skeered of "enthusiastic" voices (in fact we encourage them), but we DO need people that can work in a team environment. Therefore:

If you're interested in being part of the IT Triple Crown Advisory Committee, either respond in this thread or send me (or Todd) a PM stating your interest and qualifications. We're not talking a ton of work - less than ten hours as we establish the rules then maybe a few hours in your division promoting the program and answering questions from those you normally come into contact with (figuratively, not literally). We'd like to keep things going, so if you ARE interested (or know someone you think would be a good representative) let me/us know by March 15, 2008.

We're also looking for sponsors as well, so if you're interested in THAT aspect let us know, too. And no, there's no time limit on that! :cool:

See ya...

Andy Bettencourt
03-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to mention that the picture section of the 2007 winners is a phenominal touch. It adds some class. Love it!

Racerlinn
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh good lord, the bio page is currently made up of 5 drunkin bozos....
:birra:

dickita15
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
What’s that about? We have a lot more drunken Bozos than that. :shrug:

TAC
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to mention that the picture section of the 2007 winners is a phenominal touch. It adds some class. Love it!

Thanks for the compliment I'll pass it on to the webmaster. BTW, we have 15 driver bio's already, the webmaster just needs to get them up.

Todd

TAC
03-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Matt the Webmaster has plenty more. He's just running behind on posting them.

PRE-Entries

ITB....3

ITA....5

IT7....1

SM....2 ( including Flatout Motorsports main man Andy B.)

CFC....4

CF.....1

BTW, Tom Fowler with OPM autosports posted on Specmiata.com and plans to bring an even larger group of cars this year. :happy204:

Andy Bettencourt
03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Matt the Webmaster has plenty more. He's just running behind on posting them.

PRE-Entries

ITB....3

ITA....5

IT7....1

SM....2 ( including Flatout Motorsports main man Andy B.)

CFC....4

CF.....1

BTW, Tom Fowler with OPM autosports posted on Specmiata.com and plans to bring an even larger group of cars this year. :happy204:

I will be an ITA entrant...but we will be bringing 4-5 SM's.

shwah
03-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Pre entries?

lateapex911
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I will be an ITA entrant...but we will be bringing 4-5 SM's.

Dude, there I was thinking you were really bright...entering two cars for more track time....

shwah
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Pre entries?
Does this mean drivers who sent in a bio? I don't see any mention of pre-entry on the web page.:shrug:

I mean I will enter as soon as I can to nail down a number...

TAC
03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah, pre-entry may be a bit much. How about drivers intending on coming.

Todd

gran racing
03-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Hmmmm. An early number reservation where people pay $5 or $10 and the monies generated go to that event's worker fund or a local charity. I'd do it.

RacerBill
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd go for that. Todd, You there???????

TAC
04-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Here is an update on Friday August 8th. The PDX will be held from 8 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. There will be an instructor group that will run under PDX rules, i.e. limited passing zones. I have a conference call set for Monday morning to discuss a Mid Ohio test session from 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. Friday evening for competition drivers. This would be an official test session. The question is this:

Would you prefer a more expensive price of say $350 w/professional instruction from Brian Till, Calvin Fish, etc. ?

Or would you prefer a lower price without the professional instruction. I'm trying to keep the price below $300 and will keep you updated on how many cars per session will be allowed and stuff like that.

We can talk about why the group isn't included in the PDX this year if anyone needs to know why. I will say it has more to do with allowing the drivers the ability to have an open track then anything else. :023:

Todd

dickita15
04-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Todd,
I am sorry to hear that we won’t be able have a run group in the PDX event. Although were some first year teething problem from an organizational point of view I thought it was very successful and we certainly pumped up the income for the PDX. We actually bought two entries as my crew guy who races a similar car ran in the instructor group and I ran in the test group. I assume that those in the region who are more focused on the PDX part of the weekend feel they can run a better PDX event without us in the way.
To your question I personally would go without instruction and I must say for $300 I will want to see a run schedule beforehand to see what kind of track time we will get. That would be the most expensive test day I have run.

TAC
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Dick,
Race cars can still run in the instructors group under the PDX rules so your crew member is still welcome to run. The issue was the allowance of passing in the corners to the test group. That was a bend in the PDX rules which required some safety officials to look the other way. The folks responsible for the PDX did not want that to happen again but did not want to upset the drivers by enforcing the PDX limited passing rules on the group this year. So, the event they brought to the table was without the test group this year.

I will be working to secure a price close to the PDX which is $200 this year. My expectation is for two groups. Three thirty minute sessions each. Starting at 5 p.m. and going to 8 p.m.

I will let you know how things go.

dominojd
04-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Dick,
Race cars can still run in the instructors group under the PDX rules so your crew member is still welcome to run. The issue was the allowance of passing in the corners to the test group. That was a bend in the PDX rules which required some safety officials to look the other way. The folks responsible for the PDX did not want that to happen again but did not want to upset the drivers by enforcing the PDX limited passing rules on the group this year. So, the event they brought to the table was without the test group this year.

I will be working to secure a price close to the PDX which is $200 this year. My expectation is for two groups. Three thirty minute sessions each. Starting at 5 p.m. and going to 8 p.m.

I will let you know how things go.

Todd could we buy say one session for $100 bucks just to get re-famialiar with the track. I can see spending 300 bucks on 3 30 min sessions when the rest of the weekend isn't much more. Plus just paying $150 bucks for the whole day at NHMS for something ridiculous like 7 or 8 20 min sessions.

JLawton
04-25-2008, 08:21 PM
So we could pay and run in the PDX intructor group and pay and enter the test session?

I would pass onthe instructors. Not that I don't need it but without a passenger seat, not sure how much of a benefit it would be......

TAC
04-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Todd could we buy say one session for $100 bucks just to get re-famialiar with the track. I can see spending 300 bucks on 3 30 min sessions when the rest of the weekend isn't much more. Plus just paying $150 bucks for the whole day at NHMS for something ridiculous like 7 or 8 20 min sessions.

Joe,

I'm assuming you meant Can't not (can) in your statement above? And a very good point. I'm just exploring options since the PDX test group isn't one of them this year. Next year the Friday before the event will be open since the PDX will most likely move to a new track being built near Cincinnati.

dickita15
04-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Todd,
Again personally I had no problem complying with the no passing in the corner rule, the only “rule” we cheated a little was the verbal instruction that all passes shall be on the left. Coming out of the keyhole on to the back straight that made for an unnatural situation where the slower car had to move off line before the pass could be made, just the opposite of racing etiquette. Once we started ignoring that detail it all worked fine from where I was sitting.
I am with Joe on this one. If one session is available that is what I would likely do.

dominojd
04-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Joe,

I'm assuming you meant Can't not (can) in your statement above?

Yes you are correst in your assumtion. :)

gran racing
04-26-2008, 07:50 AM
So we can't enter the PDX utilizing the no passing in corners rule?

I really don't feel like doing testing from 5 - 8 pm, HOPE nothing breaks on the car during that time, then getting up early in the morning to start racing.

Really the only issue I had with the PDX last year was the tech inspection process.

TAC
04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
So we can't enter the PDX utilizing the no passing in corners rule?

I really don't feel like doing testing from 5 - 8 pm, HOPE nothing breaks on the car during that time, then getting up early in the morning to start racing.

Really the only issue I had with the PDX last year was the tech inspection process.

Yes you can enter the PDX but only in the instructor group. And that does not mean you have to be an instructor. We had room last year I'm sure we will have room this year.

RSTPerformance
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
If the PDX is moving to another track (mentioned above) maybe make this a 1 day school. Good valuable time where "visitors" (out of region entrants) could actually get good feedback from locals, but also could have "testing" sessions with free passing and even some race starts.

It would also give us more schools for people to atually get a license to race with us.

Maybe another option would be a combination of all events... IT SPECtacular school and race weekend. Friday have 1 session for students (IT and SPEC cars only), 1 session PDX (Street cars, limited passing), and 1 session for instructors/testers (Weekend entrants and instructors only with free passing)? If you have a lot of (to many) paying entrants in any of the above catagories then add 1 more group. but limit the entries overall so that each group gets a good value.

Its just an idea because I think that you have an unique event that is drawing a potential large amount of multiple level competitors. Why not capture them all and maximize revenue for the region and maximize value for a limited number of entrants.

Raymond "Just an idea" Blethen

shwah
04-28-2008, 07:21 AM
$300 is expensive for an evening test session. I guess that's driven by the track then...

No passenger seat here, so no real good way to take advantage of instruction.

TAC
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
I had a nice conference call with Truesports today. We are looking at a fee of $195 max for three 20 minute sessions per group. If the light holds out (not sure of sunset time in August) this could actually be stretched to a fourth 20 minute session per group for no additional cost according to Steve with Truesports. . Also the fee per car will drop if they have enough entries. ( though Steve did not let me know how many that was).

So,

Negatives-
Evening practice/ test session with Saturday 8 a.m. qualifying for first race group.

( I'm sure there may be more negatives)

Positives -

Same price as PDX without the passing restrictions ( real practice time)

2 pro instructors for those having problems negotiating the track

You can get to the track Friday during the day and get your camp set up instead of having to arrive Thursday night. (and remove your left front wheel to check your brake pads> for PDX tech. :p)

Same amount of time as the PDX last year if we can get that fourth session in.

Hmmm... have a grill going and drinks for hungry/thirsty drivers between sessions?

Let me know what you think.

Todd

dominojd
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Hmmm... have a grill going and drinks for hungry/thirsty drivers between sessions?

Todd

I don't know if this is a good idea. :eek: You did mention drinks didn't you? :D

TAC
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
To be more specific. Non-Alcoholic drinks. Until after your last session of the evening is over. :rolleyes: Then we can sample those out of state beers. :happy204:

Greg Amy
04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
If the light holds out (not sure of sunset time in August) this could actually be stretched to a fourth 20 minute session per group...
Official sunset for Lexington, OH on August 8th, 2008 is 1937 Eastern Standard Time. Add one hour for DST. - GA

TAC
04-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks Greg.

Looks like there won't be much stretch past 8:40 p.m. Turn 7 , 9 and Thunder valley will be getting pretty dim by then.

gran racing
04-30-2008, 09:49 AM
How does this impact the tire companies? Last year I know many of us did the PDX on older tires, then after the event had Phil mount up the new tires.

When can we sign-up to instruct at the PDX and be included in the instructor group?

TAC
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
How does this impact the tire companies? Last year I know many of us did the PDX on older tires, then after the event had Phil mount up the new tires.

When can we sign-up to instruct at the PDX and be included in the instructor group?

Dave,

Here is the current info on the PDX with contacts.

http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/Cincy%20SCCA%20PDX2-22.htm

TAC
05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Hoosier has decided to climb on board with contingencies!

On the Corporate level
1st place overall per class 2 Hoosier tires
2nd place overall per class 1 Hoosier tire

Hoosier Midwest-Plymouth

Anyone pre-ordering or buying Hoosier tires at the track from ( HMW-P) will have their name placed in a drawing. One lucky winner per day will receive a Hoosier Tire.

Todd

RacerBill
05-13-2008, 07:33 AM
OK!!!!!!!!!!

dj10
05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Hoosier has decided to climb on board with contingencies!

On the Corporate level
1st place overall per class 2 Hoosier tires
2nd place overall per class 1 Hoosier tire

Hoosier Midwest-Plymouth

Anyone pre-ordering or buying Hoosier tires at the track from ( HMW-P) will have their name placed in a drawing. One lucky winner per day will receive a Hoosier Tire.

Todd

That's great news Todd & thank you Hoosier!!!!!!! I just got back from Pocono, the New Jersey People put on one great weekend with a lot of good sponsers. I'm looking forward to your BIG IT RACE in August.

924Guy
05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Awesome...

Already posted elsewhere, but just to copy it here - is this per race, or only for the overall weekend results? Also, if per race - does this include the Sunday qualifier?

Nice job!