PDA

View Full Version : NARRC-OFFS - Info and Results

Tkczecheredflag
09-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, here's what I am hearing out in Ohio about ITA. It's not a ton of info but here goes.

Qualifying ITA

Andy B - 101.6
Shane H - 103.0
Richie H
Robert B
Jeff L

philstireservice
09-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Shane H.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo hmmmmmmmmmmmm

gran racing
09-29-2007, 06:45 AM
The weather was fantastic for Friday's qualifying session. So much for the rain.

Greg Amy spun twice going into big bend (one in each qual. session) but is doing quite well with the ITS Acura GSR. Hopefully with the change of rear pads, he'll be able to better control the lock-up issue.

And I ended up going off fairly deep into the grass at the bottom of the downhill. The first time I thought for sure I was going to stuff it into the wall. That wasn't much fun.

Eric L. got pole in ITB with a crazy fast 1:03.9.

Tkczecheredflag
09-29-2007, 02:48 PM
From sunny Springfield, Ohio
ITA
Andy B
Richie H
Shane H
Robert B
Le Blanc

ITB
Langelious
Beran
Gran

ITS

Maynard
Driscoll
Leverone

Sorry if I mispelled names.

Congrats to all winners and NARRC Champions.

robits325is
09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
From sunny Springfield, Ohio
ITA
Andy B
Richie H
Shane H
Robert B
Le Blanc

ITB
Langelious
Beran
Gran

[/b]

ITS

<strike>Maynard</strike> Harding
Driscoll
Leverone

Tkczecheredflag
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
ITS

<strike>Maynard</strike> Harding
Driscoll
Leverone

[/b]
Just listened to the voice mail again - -totally blew that in ITS - OUCH Jeff, no one works harder than you - my bad. Thanks for the help on the details - My mind is getting old.

lateapex911
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Great day, great weather, the ITS battle was a great one. Good seeing Shane back.

That&#39;s OK, Timmy, just drag that car down to Atlanta, and you&#39;ll feel like a new man after your first few laps of that track!

dominojd
09-29-2007, 10:10 PM
That&#39;s OK, Timmy, just drag that car down to Atlanta, and you&#39;ll feel like a new man after your first few laps of that track!
[/b]

Yeah we were talking to the person leaving you the voice mails. She&#39;s in for the trip if you are. :D

I also want to give props to the 4th place finisher in ITA he drove his ass off in the race. Great job Rob!!!!! :026:

Tkczecheredflag
09-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah we were talking to the person leaving you the voice mails.
[/b]
Again to Jeff Harding - my bad and congrats on the win. I was trying to post from my Blackberry (new) and I couldn&#39;t figure out how to get back to voice mail without loosing the info already typed (turned out to be easier than I thought) - and some how got Maynard in my head shuffled Jeff out. I have to stick with the keyboards I know and can actually see.

[/b]
I&#39;m working on it - I would love to run RA again, especially with the "new " TEG. My hope is that I don&#39;t drive so fast that the body panels start flying off the car like my last time with the CRX. :D

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Good weekend for FOM. Nice weather, full fields. We took victory laps in 4 of the 8 run groups!

The 09 ITA Miata has been running strong so we were pretty exicted at the prospects of matching up against some of NER finest plus the pre-registration of Anthony Serra and Shane Hawthorne&#39;s appearance made it a great weekend.

So how did it shake out? Serra didn&#39;t show, Shane spun on lap 1 and Richie spun mid-race. A few little mistakes didn&#39;t cost me (video was in so I hope to have that up soon) as those guys had lost some time regrouping.

Since this is my last scheduled race of the year, I ran DP also. I was hoping to drum up some inter-IT racing but only Greg A decided to run in Jeremy&#39;s ITS GSR. Greg spent a few too many laps trying to get by an EP Triumph TR3 and our &#39;race&#39; never really had a chance to develop.

2 poles, 2 wins, a DP track record and ITA Championships in NARRC and NERRC with a sizable lead in the NYSRRC with some races to go.

Thanks to everyone for a great year. The &#39;drawing board&#39; is full for 2008. Watch out ITS. :)

Tkczecheredflag
09-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Congrats again Andy. Sounds like it&#39;s a perfect time to sell the 09. Don&#39;t leave us for ITS - we&#39;ll miss you really, really bad. Really.

This Blackberry is a challenge without my specs

dj10
09-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey Jeff, congrats on the ITS win! Jeff is a good driver and a all around nice guy. I hope to do battle with you in a ITS BMW next weekend at the Glen in the enduro.

almracing
09-30-2007, 02:39 PM
This Blackberry is a challenge without my specs
[/b]

Problem is not the Blackberry -- your arms are just too short! :lol:

Jeremy Billiel
09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
I know I had a blast this weekend. A big Thanks is due to Greg Amy for keeping my car in one piece and officially telling me that I suck. LOL...

In all seriousness, we went to the NARRC runoffs and ran in DP and ITS to do some much needed testing of my car. We are interested to see if the GSR has serious potential to compete in ITS. Greg, in less than 4 sessions, was already 2 secs/lap faster than I have ever gone! He got the car down to a 1:02.5, which is about 1.5 -2 seconds slower than the leaders. He believes that the car is capable of a high 1:01 without doing anything else but just driving the car. So can a lot more track time and a built motor get the 1.5 seconds? I seem to think so...

I was very excited and had a great time. Seeing Greg get up to 5th place on the start of the ITS race was fun. Unfortunately he went backwards a little bit as have less HP began to show up.

I have never heard my car from the outside before and man it sounds mean!

The quote of the weekend, first session with Greg in the car on the radio we hear, "Damn the car actually turns!!"

benspeed
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Congrats to all the NARRC Runoffs competitors - it was a pristine weekend with fantastic weather. There were no major wrecks that I&#39;m aware of and some outstanding driving. The ITS race was a barn burner to watch. The ITA race was great also, but Andy walked away with the win - a well driven car and a clear head in traffic. Nice run by Shane back to 3rd and redemption.

Got my personal best time of 59.5 in Big Bore before getting black flagged for sound - my cat and mouse game with the sound guy didn&#39;t play out. New mufflers this winter. cha ching. Big bore is the place I like racing - running with Paul Newman is pretty cool. He won the race and is going strong at 83!

Check out some photos of the NARRC Championship Runoffs!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/

Huge props to Flatout Motorsports - wins in ITS, ITA, SM and DP. That better show up in Sports Car Magazine or I&#39;m turning in my subscription.

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I have never heard my car from the outside before and man it sounds mean!

[/b]

IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. 9K RPM with real pistons and valves is a song that doesn&#39;t get sung much.

Huge props to Flatout Motorsports - wins in ITS, ITA, SM and DP.[/b]

Thanks Dog. :eclipsee_steering:

Greg Amy
09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. [/b]
And here&#39;s a couple of laps of what it sounds like from inside (with a nice surprise at the end...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5929993851060303772
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxFzmmgIY3s

(Note this is from one of the first sessions, when the damper rebound was accidentally turned all the way off...)

dominojd
10-01-2007, 03:19 AM
(Note this is from one of the first sessions, when the damper rebound was accidentally turned all the way off...)
[/b]

I hate when that happens. I wonder who could have done that? :)

JLawton
10-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Ack...gag....cough........

Sorry, I wasn&#39;t done choking...............

I couldn&#39;t beleive how many people were there (not just Boy Scouts). I&#39;ve never seen that many people at LRP other than a pro weekend. I was shocked when I went to leave and saw that the entire upper hill was covered with parked cars!!

Can any one give details on what happened up front in the ITA race?? Rob? Can anyone scan and send me a results sheet? I admitt, I was so disgusted I didn&#39;t even bother picking one up......

I have to say though, that the group three mix was one of the worst I&#39;ve ever run in. (Although I would like to be able to blame my performance on that!!) Maybe if was was running my usual times it wouldn&#39;t have been as big of an issue. Andy even had some problems getting by the same ITR I was about to lap as well. This guy got in between myself and the P5 ITA car and wanted to race!! Maybe since there were only a couple of other ITR cars he needed to race some one!!. But christ, I&#39;m lapping you in an ITA car, get the hell out of my way!!........................Video to follow!!

I have to give props to Eric Leblanc. He did a great job out there.

a DP track record [/b]

Yeah, I never thought that 1:21 would ever fall!! :rolleyes:

So who ended up being the initial NARRC champion in DP?? Did any one keep track??

IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. 9K RPM with real pistons and valves is a song that doesn&#39;t get sung much.

[/b]

Andy, that was the first time I&#39;ve heard your car from the outside. That little bugger make some noise too!!

Oh yeah, the GSR is very capable of being a contender in ITS!! I&#39;ve changed my tune on that!!

Andy Bettencourt
10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
So who ended up being the initial NARRC champion in DP?? Did any one keep track??[/b]

I don&#39;t think anyone. You have to have at least 50 points to be eligible.

Andy, that was the first time I&#39;ve heard your car from the outside. That little bugger make some noise too!!

[/b]

But mine is just &#39;noise&#39;. Jeremy&#39;s is more like &#39;music&#39;!

Jeremy Billiel
10-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I hate when that happens. I wonder who could have done that? :)
[/b]

I do not know what you are talking about !!!!

:D :D :D :D

All and all an awesome weekend!

I can&#39;t even begin to tell you how many people have PM&#39;ed me, called me, etc telling me not to sell as the car looks awesome!

It&#39;s amazing what "the local hot shoe" can do for a car in neglect!

Magical Trevor
10-01-2007, 09:16 AM
There were no major wrecks that I&#39;m aware of and some outstanding driving.[/b]

Ed Tisdale slid near-straight off at 9 in Friday&#39;s second session for group 3; right after Johannes Krauss&#39; spin at the same corner. An Atlantic went straight in there at the end of that day as well-unfortunately Ed was the only one that couldn&#39;t get fixes done, I believe.

Dave, I got one of your signed books from the flagging chief on Friday (for dealing with the above incidents at 9, so I guess I should thank those three drivers as well? :unsure: ) - thanks for donating some copies to the workers. I&#39;ve already read through about half of it!

Andy and Jeremy/Greg, your cars definitely did sound best out of group 8 six feet away on the main straight-well, maybe the BMW was good too, but only after he spit out his muffler!

EDIT: Almost forgot, more thanks go out to Erik Langelius, Steve Rochlin, and any other drivers I missed that helped give track tours to the Boy/Cub Scouts on Friday night. It was a little dark, but the kids (and adults) thoroughly enjoyed themselves and got lots of tire rubber to stuff in their pockets-aren&#39;t the best souvenirs free? :D Man, what a mob of kids there were, too!

:happy204:

Andy Bettencourt
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Andy and Jeremy/Greg, your cars definitely did sound best out of group 8 six feet away on the main straight-well, maybe the BMW was good too, but only after he spit out his muffler!

:happy204: [/b]

Here is the secret: No 5th gear on the front straight...make &#39;em scream... :)

Jeremy Billiel
10-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Here is the secret: No 5th gear on the front straight...make &#39;em scream... :)
[/b]

4th gear at 8500 RPM FTW!

ulfelder
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
4th gear at 8500 RPM FTW!
[/b]

Only 8500? I got sick of using fifth in my RX-7, so I turned the shift light up to nine grand! :035:

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports

Jeremy Billiel
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Only 8500? I got sick of using fifth in my RX-7, so I turned the shift light up to nine grand! :035:

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports
[/b]

Steve we actually have pistons that need to go up and down! LOL :P

benspeed
10-01-2007, 10:17 AM
That&#39;s right - the "Tizzer" Ed Tisdale did have a pretty big hit in West Bend. I looked at the car and thought with a little hammering we could get it out on the track. Then the steering rack began puking fluid and that was day over.

When I say wreck I mean - car totalled. We saw no race cars languishing in the impound which is a good thing.

dominojd
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
It&#39;s amazing what "the local hot shoe" can do for a car in neglect!
[/b]
Who is that? Hotshoe?

ed325its
10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually the damage is a lot worse under the car than the damaged nose and side panels might suggest. The hit was so hard the entire drive train moved forward and the DS mirror swung inside toward my head and broke the windshield.

The car may well be a write off!

quike
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Quoted from J. Lawton. "I have to give props to Eric Leblanc. He did a great job out there. "

Jeff, Thank you very much, it was a good race. During the first qualifying session I put the car hard into the tire wall. Believe it or not I am running tires given to me by Richard Hunter. He hasn&#39;t used 14 inch tires for over a year proving how old these bricks are. I had to drive my a** off but the car felt great. Sorry about the bump in turn 1, my bumper is pushed over and sticking out 3 - 4 inches from the crash in qualifying. The white Dodge Neon had a good run but who drives the burgundy Nissan 240? He almost clipped my front bumper down the main straight, I witnessed him closing the door hard on a BMW that’s not even in our class, and slamming into the Neon in turn 1 making it hit the inner curb putting it up on two wheels and almost making him flip over. I have it all on tape! The 240 then broke down with a DNF. Turned out to be a great weekend! Congrats to all.

Lets all try to get together one weekend and go to Formula 1 go carts in Boston. Who&#39;s game?

Andy Bettencourt
10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Post some video! Awesome thrash to get back in the game. Great job.

Andy Bettencourt
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=256302

JLawton
10-02-2007, 06:41 AM
but who drives the burgundy Nissan 240? [/b]

That&#39;s the same kid that punted me last year at the NARRC Offs on the first lap............

Here&#39;s my video...Sorry it&#39;s so long. The lapped traffic KILLED me. But managing traffic is part of being a good racer........... And no, I didn&#39;t jump the start although it looks like I did. The two cars in front of me hit the brakes just as the green came out!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2009421537878243657

You will notice my gestures to the corner workers on the last two laps to throw the passing flag at the BMW...... I was PISSED!! They seemed to be trowing the passing flag at every car that went by (even the ones racing for position). They must have had tired arms by time the end of the race came around! :D

benspeed
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey Ed - that totally blows. The bimmers are stout cars and it didn&#39;t look that bad on the trailer. Hope it can be saved. Always had fun racing with ya.

robits325is
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Ed. Get out a big hammer and straighten it out!

I have lots of spare parts - if you need something let me know.

Greg Amy
10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Ed, you went straight off at West Bend? Possibly into the wall right past the truck entrance gate?

I recall while towing out of that gate that night and seeing the skidmarks on the track and gravel, and impact point on the wall, and mentioned to Jeremy that had to hurt...didn&#39;t know it was you...

RKramden
10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
but who drives the burgundy Nissan 240? [/b]
IIRC, Max Lingenheld from New England.

Andy Bettencourt
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=27...583606370&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2773499175583606370&hl=en)

Here is mine. Thanks to Steve L for posting it.

Magical Trevor
10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Ed, you went straight off at West Bend? Possibly into the wall right past the truck entrance gate?

I recall while towing out of that gate that night and seeing the skidmarks on the track and gravel, and impact point on the wall, and mentioned to Jeremy that had to hurt...didn&#39;t know it was you...
[/b]

That was the FA driver (#23) that (miraculously, I thought) was able to fix the car;
Ed left a rather artful rainbow-like smudge on the same tirewall about 25 feet to the right-his slide started when he hit the concrete, but after the turn-in.

Magical Trevor
10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Cold tires on lap one Andy? :D
Looks like Shane H. had &#39;em on lap two (great view-and sound-though!)... :blink:

Jeremy Billiel
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=27...583606370&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2773499175583606370&hl=en)

[/b]

WOW!! Nice driving Andy...

No brakes in the uphill, westbend or the downhill. Just a lift.

WOW

Tkczecheredflag
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM

[/b]
God Andy - You are an extremely talented race car driver and very derserving of the NARRC Championship - great stuff.

I believe you showed me a thing or two in the left hander and uphill, that I need to try (as did last years Champion Greg A did too).

Can&#39;t wait to see how the 09 runs in Atlanta.

WOW!! Nice driving Andy...

No brakes in the uphill, westbend or the downhill. Just a lift.

WOW
[/b]
Jeremy - Brakes???

ed325its
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the words of support. After another look it will go back together, its only time, parts, and money now.

I have lots of spare parts - if you need something let me know.
[/b]

Any E36 parts you might have would be useful... Bumper, Bumper cover, radiator support, radiator, grill, hood, and steering rack for the front and fender, door, and rear quarter on the drivers side. Hey, do you have a full tub at the shop? I&#39;ll get a full list together soon and provide you a more complete list.

Ed left a rather artful rainbow-like smudge on the same tirewall about 25 feet to the right-his slide started when he hit the concrete, but after the turn-in.
[/b]

I didn&#39;t notice but I am sure those vinyl M-stripes left quite a mark on the tire barrier cover. The skid may have started after turn-in but the car was out of control in the braking zone. I hit some type of fluid as the car would not slow or turn-in. I was lucky to get the car sideways enough to avoid a full frontal hit on the tire wall. I am still sore.

Beran
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Great video Andy. Great race - I watched from the hill and now the in car fills in the spots I missed.
What video setup do you use? I need one.

Racer Chris
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM

[/b]
That was a fine drive Andy! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your championship! :happy204:
Others would do well to study your racing line.
It was hard to tell when you waved to a just lapped driver if you were thanking him or shaking your fist. Maybe there was some of both, lol.

stevel
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Great video Andy. Great race - I watched from the hill and now the in car fills in the spots I missed.
What video setup do you use? I need one.
[/b]

It was this mount:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...earch&Q=*&bhs=t (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?shs=BO2910&ci=0&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=productlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t)

this camera:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...4&modelid=12827 (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=174&modelid=12827)

and a 0.55x wide-angle attachment lens. And the camera was set to 16:9 mode for a wider shot. I still would have preferred a wider field of view, would be better going with a 0.40x or 0.45x wide-angle.

Next year is going to be a multi-cam setup with PIP.

steve

cwall21
10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
AB- that was an incredible drive. I watched much of the video but not all (too many dirty looks from my pregnant wife trying to sleep on the couch, sound cranked WAY up for full effect), did anyone actually get to RACE you? Looked like you spent the entire race doing a hell of a job, by yourself. :D

Chris

Beran
10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Steve,
Nice setup. I thought It might be a bullet camera and some type of flash recording.
Looks good and seems priced right.
I agree on the wide angle.
Thanks,
Beran

Jake
10-03-2007, 07:45 PM
AB- that was an incredible drive. I watched much of the video but not all (too many dirty looks from my pregnant wife trying to sleep on the couch, sound cranked WAY up for full effect), did anyone actually get to RACE you? Looked like you spent the entire race doing a hell of a job, by yourself. :D

Chris
[/b]

LOL - Yeah Andy, are you planning on doing any "Racing" next year, or continuing the time trials through traffic. Maybe it&#39;s time to step up to Grand Am, WC, or some kind of national competition my friend...

You are clearly a national level driver with a national level car.

robits325is
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
LOL - Yeah Andy, are you planning on doing any "Racing" next year, or continuing the time trials through traffic. Maybe it&#39;s time to step up to Grand Am, WC, or some kind of national competition my friend...

You are clearly a national level driver with a national level car.
[/b]

Maybe reclassify that car to ITS?!?

Better yet dual classify for ITA and ITS!

Greg Amy
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
-----

dominojd
10-04-2007, 03:22 AM
What were ya really gonna say Greg?

ulfelder
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Hmm ... Andy ... ITS ... Miata ...

Nah, never happen. ;)

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports

benspeed
10-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Big bore video below. The start was good but the super fast guys ran away after that. 19th to 12th by turn one. Crazy Joe I hope I make you proud with my own low percentage move! Actually, these guys were all asleep on the start.

Who would have gone for the inside move on the red Camaro? I almost did and thought "bodywork" and checked up.

I end up racing alone and have to lift after the uphill to avoid sound overages but they got me anyway.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1235586

Fiero sale fell apart. It remains in the garage tormenting me. I&#39;m going to put it up on the classifieds for somebody to finish.

Andy - make it a Flatout Rental Car! PS - the most key turn you make in your video is the right hander onto no-name. In the power all the way around the corner and shifting to 4th at the kink in no-name. Then you carry speed all the way to the downhill. I have yet to figure that one out.