PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Mile Lap Records

planet6racing
09-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Well, with the recent changes to the car and the transmission that now stays in gear, my goal is to be below the lap record this weekend at the Mile! Fresh pavement, cool weather - it all adds up to wicked fast times!

shwah
09-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Boy I just want to learn the track.

Good luck re-writing the books! :eclipsee_steering:

planet6racing
09-28-2007, 11:10 AM
We're all in that same boat. I just hope to remember to turn in at 1!! If you didn't get a chance to drive it last year, it is a fun track, despite it being a roval. Of course, being able to drive home at night (all 4 miles) and sleep in my own bed is really nice!

Are you planning to come up tonight or tomorrow?

gsbaker
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I just hope to remember to turn in at 1!! [/b]
Don't you have to turn in at all the corners? :D

shwah
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
We're driving up tonight, and will be 'camping' at the track - if you can call it that.

Never seen the place before, so I expect to have some fun trying new things tomorrow.

Is 1stgenboy coming out?

planet6racing
09-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Bob is expected to make an appearance (just long enough to curse Team Shanty), but will not be running this weekend.

Fair warning - I've heard the car count is relatively low, so the schedule for tomorrow may change.

Also, who are the cheating bastages that are running on the course right now (directed at all, not just Chris). I walked out of my office and could hear them charging around (though it does sound like they are running the oval)...

planet6racing
09-28-2007, 02:00 PM
OH, and a construction note for those coming from the south;

DO NOT TAKE I-94 AROUND TO STATE FAIR PARK!!! TAKE 894 AROUND INSTEAD!!!

The west bound ramp in downtown Milwaukee is closed. Detouring with the trailer would suck.

My advice:

Take 894 to 60th street (do not take 76th street. It, too, is under construction). Take 60th street north to Greenfield (Taco Bell/Long John Silvers on NW corner). Turn left and head west. The entrance to the track is 79th street (turn right. On the SW corner is a Napa).

shwah
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I knew about 94, but not the surface street construction.

shwah
09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
OK anyone that has not heard yet, this event has been cancelled!

Do not load up your car and head to the mile expecting to race. There are issues with the track that cannot be corrected.

For me this means that BHF will be a blast because both of my competitors for the ITB championship could not make this event, and now we get to race for all the marbles together next month.

It is a bummer though because the track does look fun...