PDA

View Full Version : MIDAM BONUS Regional at GIR Registration Open

brprok81
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey all, registration is open for the double regional brought to you by St. Louis Region at Gateway on October 27 & 28. Registration is online at www.dlbracing.com The Saturday regional race is the MIDAM double point bonus race. Sunday will consist of regional races. In an effort to spice things up we are planning on having two qualifying sessions for each race. I see some have already registered and it is looking like ITA will probably be the race to watch.

77ITA
09-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I see some have already registered and it is looking like ITA will probably be the race to watch.
[/b]

Indeed!

There is one month to go and I'm already nervous as hell. Mac... Ed... Travis, see you on the track!

Turkflyer
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
No more "Mr. Nice Guy" for me.....I'm coming after you guys....especially that Fast Ole Fart from Ft. Worth!

tnord
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Indeed!

There is one month to go and I'm already nervous as hell. Mac... Ed... Travis, see you on the track!
[/b]

i'm at best 50/50 on bringing my dull wooden spoon to this AK-47 fight.

Jeff you ever talk to anyone about 08 scheduling?

Turkflyer
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
What? I was planning on getting between you and Mac and coasting to the finish!

tnord
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
we're on a Roval right?

there are three things that are important at this track.

1) horsepower
2) horsepower
3) horsepower

my crate in SM trim needs some help in the IT world. i may have just found *1* more horsepower though.

77ITA
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
What? I was planning on getting between you and Mac and coasting to the finish!
[/b]

Haha, you're going to have to work for this one Ed! I spent all weekend putting ye olde Neon on a diet and I hope to have quite a few more ponies by the end of the month. Heres looking forward to the best race of our season!

Travis,

I did talk with the St. Louis race chair at our last general meeting. He seems to agree with the general perspective. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but I will be crashing the midiv convention to make sure my opinions are heard.

tnord
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Haha, you're going to have to work for this one Ed! I spent all weekend putting ye olde Neon on a diet and I hope to have quite a few more ponies by the end of the month. Heres looking forward to the best race of our season!

Travis,

I did talk with the St. Louis race chair at our last general meeting. He seems to agree with the general perspective. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but I will be crashing the midiv convention to make sure my opinions are heard.
[/b]

great. just what nobody wanted to hear, the neon gets more power. :wacko:
i'm going to end up in the wall in T2 trying to brake late enough, i just know it.

the schedule is all but decided by the time convention comes around. so if you've got some pennies to through in the pot, now is the time.

PS - if you hear my car hissing around the banking, it's just an exhaust leak.

brprok81
10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
the schedule is all but decided by the time convention comes around. so if you've got some pennies to through in the pot, now is the time.

[/b]

There will be a scheduling conference call the week after the runoffs. I believe there plan is to leave this call with a schedule ready to be approved at the convention. St. Louis region is about 99% certain that we are dropping a race next year.

bldn10
10-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Geez, look at the classes in Group 5! :blink: ITS, AS, EP, GT1-3.

tnord
10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
i love it!

we'll finally get our full race distance in, and it'll give a certain nose-heavy, big-power FWD car another chance to run his tires off.

:)

buldogge
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
We ran the October race this way last year Bill...It really wasn't that big a deal...the turnout is low...and "regional level" national class cars only really.

Although I did have to punt an AS car who got in my way during qualifying (j/k). :P

Geez, look at the classes in Group 5! :blink: ITS, AS, EP, GT1-3.
[/b]

IPRESS
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Bill these groups look good to us that have been getting lapped all year by the E cars. Hopefully we get all our laps. You should be fine with all those big bores.
Travis, it looks like you and me and the Arkansas Flash need to make a constant three car draft if Jeff is getting lite and finding more ponies. I have run with Neon's on the TMS roval and once they get on the oval WOW. It should be a good one. I hope to learn where to go on Friday so that I can glue myself to your bumper. Or maybe Arkies!
Has anybody heard what SMs are going to show up? I figured Zwolle and Tucker would show up. How about anybody else?

Turkflyer
10-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm sure I'll be sucking fumes of you and T!...but I plan to be on your back bumper! If we can stay ahead of that Green Tree Frog, we'll be lucky. I've heard that old age and treachery can defeat youth and energy on occasion.

SLUF
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
As I share a shop and garage with the driver of the green mutant I would be happy to entertain any and all offers to perform spy and sabotage duties for you. As we will also be making our debut in this ITA mess with the POS-7 I'd be doing myself a favor too. Jeffie, you sure do bring out the best in everyone!

tnord
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
i wouldn't be too worried about me you guys.

i haven't driven at STL since my driver's school in 2004, and i may not even show up. but if i do, free beer for either Mac or Ed, whichever one wants to push me around the oval in qualifying!

JIgou
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
On the SM front will be Dave Volante who hasn't had his "new" 1.8 down there yet and wants to see what it will do. He'll be swapping cars with Bob Roth, who is bringing the Integra TypeR they just bought to see what it will do. (I think Dave is in the Miata on Saturday and Bob on Sunday, subject to change of course....)

The Integra will be in ITE, I believe - still has a few NASA things to un-do to fit into ITR.

I'll be there in my slug of an SM.

That's all I know for now...

Jarrod

Turkflyer
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
"Slug"?...I wish I could pedal mine as fast as you do your "slug"! Good to see you and Diamond Dave again. I'm putting velcro on my front bumper so I can stick to that Fast Old Fart from Ft. Worth and Boy Wonder (T.N.)

fiat124girl
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
What in the world happened to the entry fees?!?!!!

To run one car in two classes is almost $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The test day is only $150

brprok81
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I know Jim Stevens is planning on running SM and Steven Burkett will be debuting his new SM that weekend.

77ITA
10-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Since everyone is listening here, I'm rather interested in getting behind the wheel of a Miata over this race weekend before I make the move to build one over the winter.

I'd like to either rent an SM car to run in Sunday's ITA race or simply "buy" a few laps on Friday by paying for someone's test day. If anyone is interested in offering, please shoot me an email. a c r n e o n (at) g m a i l (dt) c o m

brprok81
10-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey Jeff, you sure you are ready to jump into a real race car. I mean moving up to a rear wheel drive car is a big step.

Take off the training wheels and get a Harley :D

Turkflyer
10-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Maybe he can drive the Neon around the track backwards to get the effect of a rear drive car. As well as he drives the Neon, I'm not sure I want him in a real race car that handles.

volante
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Jeff,
Slim chance I will be there mid day friday to try and sneak a few test laps in.If everything works out and I am there in time you can take old red 43 out for a spin.No walls please. :rolleyes:

How big a feller are you?

Dave V

tnord
10-16-2007, 10:53 AM
hey dave - get a garage spot by me and mac spikes. i'll need your help on getting up to speed at this place.

brprok81
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey all, permanent number deadline is tomorrow at 10pm. The IT fields are filling out quite nicely so come out and have a good time.

tnord
10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Bernie Mermis you better not bring your #38 ITB VW! :P

forgot to mention, since it looks like i will be showing up, i have two BRAND NEW (still have the bands on them) sets of 205/50/15 Kumho V710s that i'm selling. they're pretty good tires, as i used 1 set all season long and managed 3 wins with, and have enough life to use this weekend as well. Kumho has the best regional contingency program there is, you can win up to $300 per regional race, potentially $600/weekend.

yes, I know they're currently on sale at tire rack for $122/tire, but with shipping/taxes they're more. i'll bring them to you for $500 for one set, or $900 for both.

volante
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey Tnord,
I have two garage spaces reserved,where they are is not known.I am sure it will work out that we can.
I might have to switch to ITA if we can't get any more SM.

Dave V

77ITA
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the offer! If your seat is on the smaller side, I would love to take you up on it.

There is a local guy that is welling to let me give his SM a try on friday, but I just don't fit in it... his seat is like a bathtub to me and the steering wheel would be more at home on a seamboat than a racecar. Just no way I can drive it.

On another note, if any out of towners need a hand with anything, feel free to find me at the track. I have a shop full of tools only a couple miles from the track.

Speed Raycer
10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I have a shop full of tools only a couple miles from the track.
[/b]
C'mon Jeff, your shopmates aren't all that bad ;)

volante
10-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Jeff,

You will fit in my car,if I can make it early enough on Friday we will put you in it.About a 50-50 chance right now.

Dave V

SLUF
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
For any of you out of towners that sustain body damage, Jeff is now an "expert" in the subject of bondo. And Scott, I noticed he did not call us "sharp" tools either!

tnord
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
does anyone have an old sony handicam?

i have some great footage of me and Mac at topeka in July, but i can't upload or do anything with it because the camera crapped out on me.

i dunno if other sony camera's can play the same tapes or not, but if someone was willing to take the time to upload it for me, it'd be much appreciated. and i'll give you free beer next weekend!

92AS
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
C'mon Jeff, your shopmates aren't all that bad ;)
[/b]

I just got called a lard-assed steamboat driver and a tool. Sucks to be me.

IPRESS
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Anybody going to have scales and string for setup at the track? I may need to adjust if I don't get it done before I get there?

Oh and none of that "Sure I can help you" from all my buddies. Remember there are walls in STL and an intentional bad setup would be just the thing my ambulance chasing (new lawyer) daughter is looking for! :D
Get rid of the Ol man and cash at the same time. :P

tnord
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
i have toe plates, and i think there will be some scales there. i've already got dibs on them if they show up, so get in line!

did you get our garage yet? Just talked to sidewalk and he's in, and if you're not going to get a stall i'm going to share a spot with him.

Travis
-taking his daily HGH so i have big balls to stay flat through T1.

volante
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
I will have scales,more then welcome to them,sounds like we might need a schedule just for the scales.Tnord,get the garage space,I am supposed to have 2 spaces but--red miata/white type r/red miata with silver stripe/and some guy bringing his new blue miata means we are full.

Dave V

Turkflyer
10-23-2007, 07:34 AM
"Flat out thru T1"........is that Northern Talk for "Here, hold my beer and watch this!"? Those walls will hurt! Sorry I have to miss that show, but I just had a probelm develop here on the farm and have to cancel. Bummer! You guys have fun without me.

tnord
10-23-2007, 08:55 AM

77ITA
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Dan's actually a pretty nice guy... I'm sure he was just busy with something. Funny though... :D

I pretty much made the commitment to build a Miata this week so no need to worry about the test day thing (thanks again for all the offers).

Ed, trouble on the farm? Sounds like an action packed episode of Green Acres! Seriously though, it won't be nearly as much fun racing without you and best of luck with your troubles.

Turkflyer
10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes, Green Acres is overflowing with "opportunities" at the moment. Just added cattle to the tree and hay operation, and it is causing some challenges. It'll settle down in a few weeks and things will be back to normal. Looking forward to getting back to STL and racing next season. Have fun, wish I were there!!

volante
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Travis it must just be you cause anytime I call he answers or calls back,see you douchbags on friday!

Dave V

IPRESS
10-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Dropped the trailer at the track about 7pm. Dan was very nice and showed me where the entire Douche Contingent would be sequestered! I told him I was with Volante never heard of that Tnord guy! Actually he put me in a good spot and the rest of the yahoos can pile in around.... see ya tomorrow, looks like it may be damp.

Oh BTW, stopped at Saferacer's new showroom this morning, Charlie did it up right. Derek worked on my setup and I got to watch the SM Runoffs tape while in the car. Nice place. If you are in the Joplin area it would be a nice place to stop.

tnord
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Car; still on jackstands. I think it's ready.
Trailer; in the driveway not hooked up yet.
Tools/spares/etc; still laying around in the garage.
Food; I think I've got enough water and snacks for the weekend laying around in the cupboard and refrigerator.
Clothes; Some in the bag, some still in the hamper.
Beer; In the truck and ready to go.

what are you doing up Mac? I should be leaving here by 11, there by 3:30. Hopefully cornerweighted and ready to go by 5:30. Beer consumed at 5:31.

77ITA
10-26-2007, 12:43 AM
I&#39;m still at the garage tonight finishing things up. <strike>Quick</strike> time consuming alignment in the AM, wash up the car, and I&#39;ll make the 3 mile tow to the track in the afternoon.

No testing for me this weekend.. I need to save all my nitrous for the race :D

Can&#39;t wait for the fun this weekend guys... remember to just ask if you need a hand with anything.

Turkflyer
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Looks like it&#39;s damp there today. Travis....let me know how "Flat out into T1" goes in this weather. Just follow that "Fast Ole Fart"....he&#39;ll know the lines there. You might borrow some of Jeff&#39;s Nitrous, that way he&#39;ll be short for the actual races. Y&#39;all play nice!

Speed Raycer
10-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Test day was cancelled due to the wet conditions & dry weekend forecast..

I was all set to have a nice slow race in IT7 on Sunday.... Now there&#39;s 5 of us and i&#39;m bringing a slingshot to a gun fight!

m glassburner
10-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Well....how did it go today ??...mike B)

IPRESS
10-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Jeff drove a nice race and was first. S. Johnson was second (starting from DFL), Travis was third.
I got loose out of the Carousel and knocked my toe funny while in the lead. Jeff and I got together and I went dirt surfing. Car wouldn&#39;t turn left very well after that and I caught the tirewall at T2. Was still able to finish, but I think i need a few more laps to learn where you can go at Gateway.
Congrats to Jeff on driving a good race when he really needed it to win the MidAM. :023:

m glassburner
10-28-2007, 03:42 AM
I wish I could have seen the race :blink: sounded like an exciting one :eclipsee_steering:

Speed Raycer
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
What happend with the Capri?

Looked like a piece of ITA history won&#39;t be coming back.... :(

77ITA
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Mac, Travis...

Excellent racing with the both of you this weekend. Those were some of the fastest laptimes I&#39;ve ever run in the Neon and I sure had to work hard for it during Saturday&#39;s race.

I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;ll be running the championship next year, but I&#39;ll be looking forward to seeing both of you on track. Ed, wish you could have been here! You missed a great one.

On another subject, what was the deal with the damn pace car driver? After the ITC car wrecked during Saturday&#39;s race, I exited turn two and found the pace car stopped on the inside shoulder (next to the wreck). He was just sitting there and the passenger waved myself and about three other cars by. Next thing I know, full course black flag/all and there were corner workers calling me in for blowing by the pacecar. I explained, they figured it all out, and straightened up the field, but then the damn pace car driver screwed up again. They started us off in the pit lane with the pacecar in front and then he pulled off at the end of pit lane. :blink:

So, I&#39;m already confused and then station two didn&#39;t have any flags displayed.... "Were we green? we can&#39;t be green!" I thought to myself.

There was no pacecar and no flags, so it was very confusing! station four(?) thankfully threw the double yellow and I carried it around at what I estimated to be a good pace until the starter gave me green. Am I correct in assuming that the pace car should have carried us out if he started with us? I&#39;d never been more confused behind the wheel of a race car.

Turkflyer
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Darn, sorry I missed it. The cows are just now settling down and in the right pasture. I wish MyLaps had the times. We&#39;ll see you guys next year. Congrats to Jeff and everyone else!

brprok81
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Sorry guys I am having trouble getting the results uploaded to mylaps. I lost access to the wireless network that I was stealing to access the internet from the T&S computer. I should be able to get the results up tomorrow when I get off work.

Congrats to Jeff :023: and thanks to everyone who came out to Gateway this year. Hope to see you all out next year.

tnord
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
:sigh:

on the whole a disappointing weekend for me. i never did quite figure that place out, and was ultimately a half second slower than i was hoping to be. part of it was poor tires, but more of it was my crappy driving all weekend. it should be easy with only 7 turns. :blink:

given the first AM qualifying was wet and almost completely useless for learning anything, i was somewhat ok with the qualifying time i turned in. i got my doors blown off at the start, but managed to sneak by jeff going into 5. i thought i had enough of a gap back to jeff to drive my normal line going into T1, but his knowledge and comfort with that track gave him the courage to complete a clean pass under braking for T2. i have to admit, i really wasn&#39;t expecting that at all.

i tucked under and followed jeff until we got back up to Mac (i think he missed a shift that gave us back a big chunk of the multiple second lead he had on us). They had their racing incident, and it was down to me and Jeff. i had a HHHHUUUUUUUUUUUGE lockup going into T2 and destroyed my LF. worst flatspot i&#39;ve ever had, it was bad enough that during the black flag all i had a grid worker look at it to see if he thought it was going to blow up since i wasn&#39;t allowed out of the car. anyway, i really had nothing for these guys after about lap 8 and just spent the rest of the race hoping it would hold together. it was down through a couple layers of cords and probably wouldn&#39;t have lasted much longer. Yes, I agree that was an extremely odd restart. Glad I didn&#39;t get caught out on it too bad. Seemed like everyone behind me did though.

Ed -

I never went flat through T1, but i did go in with only a lift a couple times. with the too-aggressive brakes i have, and the car being so unsettled over that transition, it&#39;s just not worth the risk. i don&#39;t think it&#39;s really any faster either, as you end up being all asses-and-elbows and are too slow through T2.

Thanks to Mac for sharing a garage stall (Dan does seem like a good guy in person :P ) and for buying enough pizza to feed the whole paddock saturday afternoon. Good luck at the ARRC, hopefully we&#39;ll get to race at Hallett next year.

Congratulations Jeff.

PS - STL Region does the best job of anyone at keeping the event running quickly. 5min whistle as the last group is on cool down lap, 2 qual sessions on saturday, and all races over before 330 today. i left after the SM race and was home to KC before 730. knowing i can get home at a decent time makes me far more likely to come back sooner than 4yrs this time.

Turkflyer
10-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Travis....don&#39;t kid upself, STL can be a difficult track. Going into T1, I also just lift momentarily, or tap the brakes to rotate, then back on the power over the bump, then brake hard as the car settles and turn in. Jeff knows the track well and is a master on T/1-2. He passes me regularly there. It sounds like Jeff brought his "A" game. Congrats to all....it sounds like you had a good time. Mac bought pizza?......sorry I missed that too!

m glassburner
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Any video ?? :eclipsee_steering:

IPRESS
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Wish i could drive the racecar as well as I tow. We made it home in just under 11 hours including dropping Martha-Nell at the Airport in STL. (I think Shelley tows better / faster then me.) Eleven hours allows you some time to figure out how dumb you can be. Also how good / smart others are.
Jeff really did a good job of wheeling the Neon Saturday. Much faster and more aggressive then any other time we have raced. Overall I think our cars are very close on that track. I got comfortable enough during second Q seesion to get a better time, but during the race he was consistent through T1 & T2 and that really is important at STL. I think for the most part the miata beats the Neon on the turn back on to the oval, but the Neon has the HP / TQ to cover any advantage. Cars are close. Drivers at STL NOT! My lack of time at the track showed up in the race for sure (not to mention my stupidity.) For some reason I thought I should win the race on the first few laps. After breaking away from Jeff & Travis I got the ol "your doing great, you are way ahead," on the radio and proceeded to have traffic & missed shift problem. This let them catch back up even as they diced. SOOO in my great wisdom i decided to do my best not to get passed by taking an inside line where it really is not a good idea to. Two wheels off, contact, all wheels off spinning dirt, OH SHIT! Back on track wheel is not exactly straight. Still lead cars in sight so back on the hammer. T1 not bad...T2 OH SHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT! car does not want to turn left very well and here comes MR. TIREWALL! Bang, actually double bang. Car will still run and steer so back on the track. Radio says the nose is bent to hell, but fenders don&#39;t look too bad. Side door has a Neon rash, but I am sure his does too. Double Yellow comes out for the Capri. Then black flag brings us in for a short wait, we go back out and I am behind some B & C cars as we pace around the track i am yelling GO GO GO, but the B & C cars are gapping back for almost a split start. OH WELL, lets finish the last couple of laps and get ready for ARRC.
Jeff ran a smart race and showed his skill where he was most comfortable. He had his car well prepped (Dang you Burkett :D ) and ramped up his game when he needed to. Very Good job.
Thanks to the whole paddock for fixing my car after the crash, I could have run it Sunday, but glad I came on home so I can start getting it ready for ARRC today. Travis, Sidewalk, Volante, Jerrod, Renny Bobby, Paige, Zman, Scott, Brian, and anybody else thanks it was fun and you guys are the best. Got to thank the officals also, STL bunch were very nice. Thanks to my crew (daughters Martha- Nell and Shelley they are great helpers.)
It was a fun season ....good racing, and fun times in the Midwest in 07.
Got to go beat out some fenders.
Mac

Racerlinn
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM

[/b]

Was it an ITA blue with white stripes from GLDIV? Maybe with a For Sale sign on it?

77ITA
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, I worked my butt off for this one. I have to say thanks to Dave Jones for some tips and tricks that helped me get the car better set-up before the race. The only credit Burkett gets is for the door bars on my roll cage and for being an awesome business owner :P

I was so focused during the race that I can&#39;t even remember how the position changes went. I only wish I had incar video to re-live it all.

The carrousel is an interesting one, eh Mac? I remember catching up to you and being right on your bumper in the braking zone. You went out to the left (proper line) until you saw me trying to squeak by on the inside. When you came back over to guard your position, I could see that your wheels were pointed in the right direction, but the tires just couldn&#39;t swing it. :lol: You under-steered, put either two or four wheels off and came back on track right into my door and rear wheel. No worries though, the contact is half the fun! :023:

Travis is the MVP though... I can&#39;t believe you finished the race on that tire! I only remember seeing a cloud of tire smoke in my mirror and hoping that you didn&#39;t put it into the wall.

Thanks for the memorable race guys. Your competition made me push farther and drive harder than I ever have before.

tnord
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
i share Mac&#39;s sentiments. the two of us were pushing hard to perform on a track we didn&#39;t know, and were inconsistent. you were quick and consistant, and watched Mac & I throw it away. the whole weekend i felt like i was driving hard, but not well.

being about 10yds behind the incident in T6 i had a good view of what happened. yes, Mac pushed 4 wheels off, but as anyone who has gone off on the outside over there knows, it&#39;s a bit of a roller coaster. Mac had a little less than half the track width to come back on, and wasn&#39;t pointed to abrubtly re-enter the asphault at all. but as his car bounced around it threw the car sideways, resulting in the contact. racing deal from my veiw.

i guess all three of us finished with wounded horses. :dead_horse:

time to ignore the car for a month, then do some serious thinking about what needs to happen over the winter, and where i&#39;ll be next year. :snow_cool:

volante
10-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Travis,
I am not sure where you will be but I know "what" you will be! :D

Dave V

IPRESS
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
AHHHHH Volante, a wise man!
TNord will always be the most noted leader of "The Midwest Douchebag Contingent"!
Also it was very nice of you to allow Sidewalk to win on Sunday! How was the Acura?

Turkflyer
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Diamond Dave is that kind of guy!

brprok81
10-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Ok, I finally was able to get the results on mylaps. Sorry it took me an extra day.

Enjoy

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=263488

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=263495

Andy Bettencourt
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Great reports guys! Congrats to Jeff.

What does Stephen Johnson drive?

tnord
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Steve has a SM as well.

volante
10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Travis"DB"Norwald,I like that,DB for short.
Fun weekend,good people.Stevie drove great all weekend and he loves his half of his new car.And I am pretty sure it would have been a long winter if he would of beat me in my old car!I never would have heard the end of it from this group.
The Type R was fun.I qualified 1st in ITE and 2nd overall with a 1.09.4 something.Car handled good for about 10 laps and then it was pretty tight for the rest of the race,have to work on that.When the vtech part kicks in at about 7000 rpm you better hang on.The start of the race a GT 1 car held me up and the yellow ITE Stang got a good jump on me,I reeled him in after a few laps and hung with him until lap 10 or so and my front tires started to lose some grip and he pulled away.The GT car slowly caught up to me and passed me with 4-5 laps to go,hung with him for a couple of laps but by then I was in full lock turn to get the car to turn.Ended the race feeling good with the weekend only to find the yellow Stang broke with a few laps to go in the pit entrance and so finished 1st in class and 2nd overall.Kinda funny really,but it looks good on paper.

Mac,thanks for everything,humor,lunch,good racing and bringing a better looking crew then my raggedy looking bunch.

tnord
10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
jeebus. i guess i deserve that. bring me a little pink skirt and i&#39;ll wear it next time i&#39;m driving.

you might want to reconsider bringing your daughters to the track if sidewalk is going to be around. :lol:

Racerlinn
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM

[/b]

Anybody? What happened to Dale?

tnord
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
all i saw was a car in the wall on drivers left between 2 and 3. don&#39;t know what it was, who it was, or how it happened. it was some sort of white/dark colored funky looking car.

92AS
10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
The Capri went into the concrete wall between T2 & T3. He appeared to have gone in nose first at a near 90 degree angle. I saw no ambulance following the incident, so I assume he was ok. Although the front of the car was bent upward pretty badly, it looked like it could be repaired...Not cheaply, though.

brprok81
10-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Dale took a pretty good hit into that wall. He was transported for precautionary evaluations, but he was back at his hotel that evening and back at the track Sunday to pick up his car.

Racerlinn
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Dale took a pretty good hit into that wall. He was transported for precautionary evaluations, but he was back at his hotel that evening and back at the track Sunday to pick up his car.
[/b]

Ah crap. And he was planning on selling the car at the end of the season the last time I talked with him. Thanks for the update Bryon.

fiat124girl
10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, I worked my butt off for this one. I have to say thanks to Dave Jones for some tips and tricks that helped me get the car better set-up before the race. The only credit Burkett gets is for the door bars on my roll cage and for being an awesome business owner :P

I was so focused during the race that I can&#39;t even remember how the position changes went. I only wish I had incar video to re-live it all.

The carrousel is an interesting one, eh Mac? I remember catching up to you and being right on your bumper in the braking zone. You went out to the left (proper line) until you saw me trying to squeak by on the inside. When you came back over to guard your position, I could see that your wheels were pointed in the right direction, but the tires just couldn&#39;t swing it. :lol: You under-steered, put either two or four wheels off and came back on track right into my door and rear wheel. No worries though, the contact is half the fun! :023:

Travis is the MVP though... I can&#39;t believe you finished the race on that tire! I only remember seeing a cloud of tire smoke in my mirror and hoping that you didn&#39;t put it into the wall.

Thanks for the memorable race guys. Your competition made me push farther and drive harder than I ever have before.
[/b]

Travis, I have to agree with Jeff on this, that was the biggest lockup I have ever seen in that turn, you had all four stopped. We were all quite impressed that you didn&#39;t flatspot to air.

Jeff, you are my hero, you drove a great race and deserved that checkered flag!!!!! It was all because of the PFM sticker, I am sure of it.

Well now to get ready for ARRC and after seeing you drive this weekend I can&#39;t wait to see you in the 240 at Atlanta, it should be quite impressive.

77ITA
11-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks Jen!

I got Friday and Monday off work for the ARRC Enduro... looking forward to it!

Travis,

I spent a few minutes screwing around with photoshop on this... thought you might like a copy. :023:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/acrnjeff/RACE2.jpg

tnord
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
i had all four stopped huh? the other 3 must not&#39;ve been locked up for long, because i finished the weekend on them and didn&#39;t notice anything. the brakes i have are ultra grabby, and really meant for big cars like T1 vette&#39;s and such. i like them at places like MAM where all of your braking zones are nice and smooth, and i didn&#39;t have any problems anywhere else on the track, but when you go over the transition and the car gets all nasty and unloaded, i had problems all weekend. when i had that big lockup, i was basically just trying to keep from getting into the back of Jeff, as that&#39;s not a good spot to be "bumpdrafting."

hey Jeff, why didn&#39;t you get a picture of the one lap i was in front of you!? this one just makes me sick. :P or to be more accurate you could just photoshop in a bunch of smoke coming from the LF wheel well.

PS - where&#39;d that picture come from?

Grumpa
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Then black flag brings us in for a short wait, we go back out and I am behind some B & C cars as we pace around the track i am yelling GO GO GO, but the B & C cars are gapping back for almost a split start. OH WELL, lets finish the last couple of laps and get ready for ARRC.

Mac,
I wasn&#39;t trying to split the field, when we went back out for the restart the clutch in my Rabbit was slipping and I couldn&#39;t get the car up to speed. I apologize to all, should have waved everyone through. NewB mistake - please flog lightly. :bash_1_:

fiat124girl
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
i had all four stopped huh? the other 3 must not&#39;ve been locked up for long, because i finished the weekend on them and didn&#39;t notice anything. the brakes i have are ultra grabby, and really meant for big cars like T1 vette&#39;s and such. i like them at places like MAM where all of your braking zones are nice and smooth, and i didn&#39;t have any problems anywhere else on the track, but when you go over the transition and the car gets all nasty and unloaded, i had problems all weekend. when i had that big lockup, i was basically just trying to keep from getting into the back of Jeff, as that&#39;s not a good spot to be "bumpdrafting."

hey Jeff, why didn&#39;t you get a picture of the one lap i was in front of you!? this one just makes me sick. :P or to be more accurate you could just photoshop in a bunch of smoke coming from the LF wheel well.

PS - where&#39;d that picture come from?
[/b]

From where we were standing it sure did look like you had all four stopped at one point but we could have been mislead by all the smoke. I really am quite impressed that you finished, we thought all four had spots on them.

Jeff, that is a

IPRESS
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Then black flag brings us in for a short wait, we go back out and I am behind some B & C cars as we pace around the track i am yelling GO GO GO, but the B & C cars are gapping back for almost a split start. OH WELL, lets finish the last couple of laps and get ready for ARRC.
Mac,
I wasn&#39;t trying to split the field, when we went back out for the restart the clutch in my Rabbit was slipping and I couldn&#39;t get the car up to speed. I apologize to all, should have waved everyone through. NewB mistake - please flog lightly. :bash_1_:
[/b]

No problem, I was DONE and just refused to believe it! As bad as the toe was you did me a favor, I would have probably hit another wall if I thought I could catch those boys.