PDA

View Full Version : Rollcage Questions

Shannon1530
09-22-2007, 05:52 PM
My new IT7 car came with the rollcage already installed. I need clarification on a couple of things.
1. Can the front of the rollcage pass thru the firewall? If not, can the rollcage attach to the firewall?
2. Between the rear shock towers, we have a bar attached left to right. The downtubes from the top of the rollcage attach to this cross tube. Is this legal?

This is the rollcage after passing thru the firewall attached to the strut tower
[attachmentid=1137]

Another angle
[attachmentid=1138]

This is the rollcage under the dash passing thru the firewall
[attachmentid=1139]

This this the rollcage cross-member in the rear between the shock mounts
[attachmentid=1140]

This is another angle
[attachmentid=1141]

Shannon1530
09-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I just got finished reading Fastrack for Octorber, and I found the following to be quite to the point:
9.4.C.3

Cars competing in Improved Touring, Showroom Stock, Spec Miata, and Touring may extend one tube,
from each front down tube, forward to the firewall but not penetrating the firewall.

I guess that answers the question for the front end.

Now..about the back....I foudn the following:
9.4.B.2.C
Cars must have two braces extending to the rear from the main hoop and attaching to the frame or chassis.
Braces must be attached as near as possible to the top of the main hoop (not more than 6 inches below
the top), and at an included angle of at least 30 degrees.

I thinkn this would mean that I need to make changes at both ends. Can somone please confirm?

zchris
09-22-2007, 07:16 PM
No you cannot go thru the firewall in IT . And a no to the rear bar as well because the rear down tube does not touch the rear shock mount. Also there is no mounting plate on the shock tower. Hope this helps.
Chris Howard