PDA

View Full Version : WOR Games

R2 Racing
09-20-2007, 09:02 AM
It&#39;s kind of depressing to think that the last GLDiv event of the year is nearly upon us already. Yeah, winter! <_< Anyways, so who&#39;s planning on coming out to the WOR Games this years? I&#39;ll be there in ITA and I think Ian&#39;s running his ITA CRX as well. Lets all hope and pray for nice weather like we&#39;ve had the past couple of years at this event. I need some dry track time before the ARRC. ;)

RacerBill
09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Prediction: All ITA cars will be disqualified for sound readings above 120dBa!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the season is over for BnS Racing - budget spent! But we had a great time, and lap times dropped every weekend. Plans for the winter are already being formulated.

Since this weekend coincides with travel time to Topeka, and all the Great Lakes div. sound hounds decided to get out of Dodge, I was asked to chief Sound Control for the WOR games. So, that&#39;s where I&#39;ll be. I will also be working the PDX on Friday, camping Friday and Saturday nights.

So, we&#39;ll see everybody up there.

x1/9racer
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I&#39;ll be there with the Fiat in ITC, Downing is planning to run the Civic in ITA since there was no major damage at the OVR race. Kevin, is your dad going to run in C?

jay05
09-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I&#39;ll be there in the ITC Jetta. Please no rain. It was fun though at the OVR race on 710&#39;s. Made my tire selection easy. Waiting to purchase rains over the winter.

R2 Racing
09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Kevin, is your dad going to run in C?
[/b]
Nope. He actually can&#39;t come at all that weekend.

CaptJon
09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Due to a conflict with a required class on sat. I&#39;ll probably be there for the sunday race only. (anyone care to sit in on a Haz-Mat refresher class for me???)

Rabbit07
09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
There is a small chance that I will attend. Life just keeps throwing curve balls! If I am there I will try to give Kevin and Ian some hell on track :P

jay05
09-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Due to a conflict with a required class on sat. I&#39;ll probably be there for the sunday race only. (anyone care to sit in on a Haz-Mat refresher class for me???)
[/b]
Good to see that you&#39;re going to make it. Why don&#39;t you relocate the class to Mid-O for some hands on haz-mat. I&#39;m sure there would be plenty of training during a Prod race.

StevenS
09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I&#39;ll be there with a slightly wrinkled CRX - leftovers from the IT Fest. Kevin and Ian- will see you guys at the top of the hill. I&#39;ll be pitting with Chris Efremidis - it will be his 2nd race weekend in his new SM.

Chris C -- hope you can make it, I always look forward to racing with you. You have definitely brought your A-game to Mid-O this year!!

Steve S
ITA 27

Also praying for DRY weather...

spdmonkey
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I&#39;m hoping to get the ok from the surgeon on Oct 1 to run the WOR Games. If i&#39;m there i&#39;ll be in the SM and will be learning to left foot brake so i&#39;ll be slower than normal. I also hope to have a Hans device as I sold our Contour SVT :( :( :( .The CSVT gave its life so that I could have a Hans. I&#39;ll stay out of your way kevin. Wanna help me get my car prepped?

Dave

R2 Racing
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I&#39;ll stay out of your way kevin. Wanna help me get my car prepped?[/b]
Don&#39;t think we can this time. Both my Dad and I are going to be out in Denver for a week before that weekend.

Steve - glad to see you&#39;re making it out.

jlucas
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone know how late you can still drop off a trailer on Friday?

racechair
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
As long as registration is open, or you have already registered, you can get in. :D You should only have a problem getting in if you have not registered before trying to enter the track.

John McFarland
09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Me and the GP Roc will have to miss the show. I&#39;ll be busy putting the motor and drivetrain back in. Man, no race at MO this year! Did manage to freshen up the motor a little and added a new 5th gear to try to keep all those "legal" ITB cars behind me!

Good luck Shawn and Matt, don&#39;t let all those guys give you any grief! I&#39;ll be at the fire in spirit!

Rabbit07
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I am out. The car quit running yesterday during the feature race at Waterford Hills. I have no time to screw with it to figure out what failed.

Have Fun Guys!

downingracing
10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry some of you won&#39;t be there. Glad the rest of you will be! Getting close! Looking forward to a GREAT weekend! And I&#39;m praying for RAIN!!! :P (Still have the rain tires on the car! Who are we kidding - haven&#39;t touched it since OVR. I did clean the windshield - then decided to :birra: )

See you all at the track! We will be up Thursday night. (usual spot)

R2 Racing
10-04-2007, 01:11 AM
(Still have the rain tires on the car! Who are we kidding - haven&#39;t touched it since OVR.[/b]
I actually can&#39;t make fun of you this time because I haven&#39;t either. It&#39;s still sitting on its rains from OVR, full rain setup on the car. I guess I know what I&#39;m doing after work tomorrow.

jay05
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Stupid question. Are you allowed more than the 6 crew members since it&#39;s a non spectator event?

downingracing
10-04-2007, 12:14 PM
As many as you want. First Three are &#39;free&#39; and the rest ,ust pay $10 (I think) each... :D

jlucas
10-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Matt, can you shed any light as to why SCCA events are almost always non-spectator? I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever seen a NASA event that wasn&#39;t open to spectators (and free too!). Seem like spectators would be good for the growth of the club.

Rabbit07
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Results?

Any good stories?

R2 Racing
10-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Quick ITA...

Saturday qualifying was Jan Rief (integra), me (integra), Goran Presevski (crx), and Ian Green (crx). We took off in a train of four for probably seven laps or so before Ian dropped off a bit. Goran hung on to the back of me and Jan for a bit longer but also eventually fell back a little bit. In the meantime, Jan and I were swapping the lead back and forth probably a good ten times or so. Twice we went side by side from 6 through 9. The last pass took place side by side from 6 through 13. That was insane. I ended up holding on for the win despite some very interesting Spec Miata back markers and absolutely gone tires. Jan held on to second despite his tranny occasionally popping out of fourth gear.

Sunday morning qualifying (I think) was me, Ian, Mark Rushbrook (saturn), Steve Sancricca (crx), and Jan. Mark got Ian at the start and the three of us stayed pretty close for a couple of laps until Ian&#39;s tires started falling off and I starting pulling out a bit on Mark. Jan was a man on a mission despite literally having to drive with one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the tranny in gear. He was moving and with about a 6 second lead on Mark, I got word that Jan had taken second and had cut my lead to five seconds. Screw that! So I stepped it back up and pulled the lead back out again until the checker came out. On a side note, Jan actually didn&#39;t blow up an axle this weekend! He might finally be listening to me - haha! Insert a new tranny that shifts and axles that last, and he might be a force at the ARRC.

Overall, I was moderately pleased with my car. I finally got back to running in the 1:44&#39;s for the first time this year. Also, despite the high heat, I was able to run my fastest lap of the race on Sunday on the last lap. Consistency, that&#39;s nice. However, I&#39;m still a long, long, long ways off of what the Moser&#39;s have been doing there this year. Yea, so my car&#39;s better, but it&#39;s ARRC time and it&#39;s still not as fast as it was this time last year. I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like. :(

Rabbit07
10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like. :(
[/b]

You can&#39;t have that one, it&#39;s Mine! :P

Eagle7
10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Quick ITA...
I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like. :( [/b]

Want to see my 9th from the IT-Spectacular :D

spdmonkey
10-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Matt, can you shed any light as to why SCCA events are almost always non-spectator? I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever seen a NASA event that wasn&#39;t open to spectators (and free too!). Seem like spectators would be good for the growth of the club.
[/b]

Jeremy,
I&#39;m not matt, but I do sit near him at BOD meetings....In any case its basically insurance. Back in the "olden days" they were spectator events and for some reason the insurance standards changed. Mid-Ohio does not care how we do it. Spectator events do require more volunteers or paid employees to keep idiots from going where they don&#39;t belong. Frankly I&#39;m happy that we have the infield open now. Back in the 90&#39;s that was never gonna happen. We have discussed running spectator events and I think that we might find a few more workers that way, but I doubt we&#39;ll see them in the next year or two.

db

x1/9racer
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Results?

Any good stories?
[/b]
Car ran bad all weekend, blew it up on Sunday, beer drinking went as planned. End of story.

wsmith
10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Are the results posted anyplace?

Rabbit07
10-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Car ran bad all weekend, blew it up on Sunday, beer drinking went as planned. End of story.
[/b]

Well, we do go racing as another reason to drink right? :birra: :birra: :birra: :birra:

datadude
10-30-2007, 08:04 AM
All sessions are posted to Mylaps.com. Search Neohio and you will find it.