PDA

View Full Version : Question for Z guys

pballance
09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
I picked up some parts over this past weekend and found one rather interesting. The engine I got has a L-24 block and a P-79 head (I think) with fuel injection. I thought the block would be marked with L-28 as it supposedly came from a 280.

Did I pick up a half breed of old block with 280 injection?

I didn't really count on getting anything useful from the block but it was a package deal to get the front suspension and 2 trannies before they sent to the junk yard. I had to take a lot of other parts as well but the price was what I could afford FREE!

kthomas
09-18-2007, 09:41 PM
That was a Maxima engine. Check which end the oil pickup tube is attached, I bet it's on the end opposite a Z's L24.

Parrish57
09-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I just found a wierd one myself. A few weekes ago I bought a 71 240Z parts car. It was mostly intact. The engine is an L24 with an E88 head, but when I went to take the intake off I found bolt holes for fuel injection and cutouts on the upper edge of the intake ports. I was wondering if this could be a Japanese domestic 240Z engine that was brought over to the US afterwards. I had not considered the Maxima.

It sounds like you got a better deal on your parts car than I did, but mine was still worth it for the sheet metal and bumpers.

pballance
09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, I had not even considered a Maxima engine. I had forgotten that the L-24 had been used in the car.

Steve, I had the sheet metal parts car not long ago and it is now safely disassembled and stored. :)

Now if any of you 280 guys need an ECU I have two of those, complete Dash wiring harness(es) and gauges from two cars (part #'s are still visible), injection stuff/head from this engine let me know and we will work a deal. I can assure you the price will be good :birra:

mom'sZ
09-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Pballance:
My car is a 280z. Now since they will probably allow us to ditch the stock wiring harness for the fuel injection next year, I am not as desperate to get ECUs but will buy the two you have. I still will need to keep the AFM (air flow meter - flapper) Do you have those? I also like to scab the non-injector connectors (afm & ecu) off the fuel injection harnesses. Do you have any of those? The fuel injection harness is a whole sepparate harness then the rest of the car. I live in south east Florida but will happily send a money order to cover shipping and whatever you want for stuff Thanks
Andy Rowe
andy * at * smila * dot * net

oh yeah... if you email me, put zcar parts or something in the subject line because I get a ton of spam and don't want to miss it by mistake

pballance
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Email sent