ITA: 16
ITB: 15
ITC: 0

10 days away...

(Edited for update)

JLawton
09-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Prayin' for rain!!!

Joe, get your groove thang' going, you need to start your rain dance!!

The great equalizer!!! ;)

Andy Bettencourt
09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Check out these cars in ITA:

RX-7 (2)
Miata (2)
Saturn (1)
Prelude (1)
Integra (3)
Z3 (2)
Laser (1)
Neon (1)
318is (1)
MR2 (1)
CRX (1)

ITB is diverse as it gets too:

Prelude (2)
Capri (1)
Golf (3)
Civic (4)
2002 (1)
Volvo 142 (2)
MGB (1)
Rabbit (1)

31 cars in G3 already...G8 is slacking! SSM and ITC - 9 cars!!!!!! Move all Prod out of G3!!!! :)

Jake
09-19-2007, 02:59 PM
31 cars in G3 already
[/b]

Awesome!! Fill the field!

FYI:

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...sp?ID=165352725 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount2.asp?ID=165352725)

Racer Chris
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Historically, Prod has had its own race group at the Narrc-offs.
It looks like this year should be no different.
If they need to keep the race groups at eight, SSM/ITC could run with ITA instead of Prod.

Ed Funk
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Now Chris, don't go getting Andy stirred up!

Doc Bro
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Another Z3???!!!!..........WOW!!!!!!!

R

dominojd
09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Check out these cars in ITA:

RX-7 (2)
Miata (2)
Saturn (1)
Prelude (1)
Integra (3)
Z3 (2)
Laser (1)
Neon (1)
318is (1)
MR2 (1)
CRX (1)

[/b]

WOW no Nissan's, go figure. :rolleyes:

Doc Bro
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
So is Gary Hutchinson the same Gary Hutchinson who formerly drove a black 1st gen rx in NER....I think he's a Brit or an Aussie???? He's bought a Z3????

R

Jeremy Billiel
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
ITA should be good!

gran racing
09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Forget ITA. The real race will be a certain ITS Integra vs. an ITB Prelude. Amy. :D

16 entrants in both ITA & ITB. It sure will be interesting!

Andy Bettencourt
09-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Historically, Prod has had its own race group at the Narrc-offs.
It looks like this year should be no different.
If they need to keep the race groups at eight, SSM/ITC could run with ITA instead of Prod. [/b]

I like it! Getting even run groups with a small consideration for the IT guys (because this is our Championship event) would be great.

Jeremy Billiel
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Forget ITA. The real race will be a certain ITS Integra vs. an ITB Prelude. Amy. :D

16 entrants in both ITA & ITB. It sure will be interesting!
[/b]

Don't worry about "The GSR" in ITS as you will not be seeing it. It will be amazing what a competent driver can/will do.

I also gave Greg the green light as I already have Richie's yellow paint on my car so Gran's yellow won't matter!

:blink: :blink:

gran racing
09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
so Gran's yellow won't matter![/b]

Sweet!

Beran
09-20-2007, 03:33 PM
ITB pulled ahead of ITA..
ITB now has 17 entries. ITA has 16
Cool!

Greg Amy
09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
The real race will be a certain ITS Integra vs. an ITB Prelude. Amy. [/b]
Wonderful. All I need, a no-win situation:

"Dude, you lost to Gran in a car with 50 more horsepower...YOU SUCK!"
- or -
"Dude, you beat Gran! 'Course, you've got 50 more horsepower..."

...all while trying to not wreck my buddy's car...maybe I should race DP instead...OOPS! That's with ITA this time...!

What's a girl to do...?

dominojd
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Wonderful. All I need, a no-win situation:

"Dude, you lost to Gran in a car with 50 more horsepower...YOU SUCK!"
- or -
"Dude, you beat Gran! 'Course, you've got 50 more horsepower..."

...all while trying to not wreck my buddy's car...maybe I should race DP instead...OOPS! That's with ITA this time...!

What's a girl to do...?
[/b]
Listen if your scared to drive it (we all know what happened last time you drove an integra) I'll take care of Dave for ya. I promise Jeremy it will come back in one piece. Dented to shit , but one piece. :D

Jeremy Billiel
09-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Listen if your scared to drive it (we all know what happened last time you drove an integra) I'll take care of Dave for ya. I promise Jeremy it will come back in one piece. Dented to shit , but one piece. :D
[/b]

Awesome... I can picture Joe getting out of the car saying, "Ooopss, sorry about the car." You have just been dominoed!

lateapex911
09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I seem to remember you had "An offer on the table" for said car...now you're loaning it out? odd....

Jeremy Billiel
09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I seem to remember you had "An offer on the table" for said car...now you're loaning it out? odd....
[/b]

I am an odd person... :D :D

JLawton
09-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Please God let it rain, please God let it rain, please God let it rain!!!!!

Greg Amy
09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Please God let it rain, please God let it rain, please God let it rain!!!!! Because otherwise I really suck *ass...
[/b]
Corrected. ;)

Sorry, but that's what I think every time someone on this board starts praying for rain...

JLawton
09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Um, just cause you suck a$$ in the rain doens't mean you have to come down on those of us who are good in it!!!

What do they say?? Rain takes the car out of the equation and makes it all about the driver???

Oh, that's right. You did beat up on a bunch of big bore panzies in the rain once........ :rolleyes:

Doc Bro
09-21-2007, 07:59 AM
I am an odd person... :D :D
[/b]

Definitely not the decision making qualities I'm looking for in a financial advisor.... :D :P

R

gran racing
09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Unless Rob, Greg is the person whose got the offer on the table. Hmmm.

All I need, a no-win situation:[/b]

Why do you think I'm so excited? :P Plus it's pretty fun to be able to tease you for a change. After driving that car, I wonder if you'll be buying it from Jeremy. That is a fun car!!

Doc Bro
09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
[/b]

NAAAHHHH, Can't be.....He'd never.....He'd miss Andy too much........ ;)

R

Greg Amy
09-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Um, just cause I suck a$$ in the dry doens't mean I have to come down on those of you who are good in it!!![/b]
Corrected. ;)

What do they say?? Rain takes the car out of the equation and makes it all about the driver???[/b]
Only in equal or nearly-equal cars (e.g., F1, GP2, Indy Cars, Barber-Dodge/Mazda, Trans-Am, WCT to an extent, etc). Otherwise, it's a freebie handout to the lightest car in the field and/or the one with qualities uniquely suited to rain (e.g., FWD).

Oh, that's right. You did beat up on a bunch of big bore panzies in the rain once...[/b]
And who had the lightest car in the field...with front wheel drive...? Hell, I bet even YOU could have won that race! ;)

Sorry, "praying for rain" is nothing but a Band-Aid for other shortcomings...

Unless Rob, Greg is the person whose got the offer on the table. Hmmm.[/b]
Sometimes you just never know what life is gonna throw at you...

lateapex911
09-21-2007, 09:35 AM
[/b]

That's egg-sack-tly what I was hinting at but Jeremy went into self depreciation mode with his response....all a smoke screen, no doubt.

Tkczecheredflag
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Early to bed and no dessert for Greg and Jeff - boys, boys, boys - enough. :018:

Jeremy Billiel
09-21-2007, 08:49 PM
That's egg-sack-tly what I was hinting at but Jeremy went into self depreciation mode with his response....all a smoke screen, no doubt.
[/b]

You guys are reading too much into. I had an offer on the table to 24 hours and I simply was not ready to let it go just yet... An no it was not Greg!

I have wanted Greg to drive my car all year to show me how to. That's all it is!!!

dominojd
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I have wanted Greg to drive my car all year to show me how to. That's all it is!!!
[/b]

Oh so your goal was to have him drive it, not actually go fast cause you choose the wrong driver if that's what you were lookin for. ;)

JLawton
09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Oh so your goal was to have him drive it, not actually go fast cause you choose the wrong driver if that's what you were lookin for. ;)
[/b]

Yeah, especially if it rains!! :dead_horse:

Jeremy Billiel
09-22-2007, 08:33 AM
You guys are Ruthless in here.... But I love it!!

:D :D

Greg Amy
09-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah, especially if it rains!! :dead_horse:[/b]
Hmmm, OK Jeremy, you win: we're racing DP too. Just so I can mess with Kakashi losers Jeff and Joe.

It's on!

('Course, if it rains - which it's likely not according to the long-range forecasts - I ain't putting Jeremy's car anywhere NEAR these two. They've hit each other - and other fixed and movable objects - enough times this year to encompass a 2-hour bloopers video...crap, I'm not even sure it's safe to PADDOCK near them, but at least I have insurance coverage for that...)

gran racing
09-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I had an offer on the table to 24 hours and I simply was not ready to let it go just yet. [/b]

After you put the second advertisement stating this time you're "really" selling it? Either sell it or don't.

No worries Greg, I'll bring some the extra Bondo I have with me to the track for Jeremy's car. :lol:

lateapex911
09-22-2007, 09:26 AM
You guys are reading too much into. I had an offer on the table to 24 hours and I simply was not ready to let it go just yet... [/b]

LOL.....you're as stable as Alaska weather!

And you're drinking the Amy kool aid?? :blink:

Greg Amy
09-22-2007, 09:28 AM
And you're drinking the Amy kool aid?? :blink:[/b]
No, no, no! Don't be looking to me as the reason he's not selling; I'm just a convenient excuse!

The only difference between Timmy, Rick, and Jeremy is that Jeremy priced his too low and got an immediate offer to buy; Timmy and Rick priced theirs where they don't *really* want to sell but are perfectly happy to let it go at that price...

I suspect the *last* thing Master Billiel ever expected was a quick offer to buy at that price...!

Jeremy Billiel
09-22-2007, 10:13 AM
LOL.....you're as stable as Alaska weather!

And you're drinking the Amy kool aid?? :blink:
[/b]

Nope... Remember that this is not a liquidation sale. I do NOT need any money from this car. I simply do not have future time and money to put into it.

After I got the offer, I realized that I was not willing to let it go for that cheap!

gran racing
09-22-2007, 10:43 AM
So Jeremy got an offer for his car being sold at a reasonable price (based on the other cars out there, it's not priced low), and instead you'll just bump it up until you receive no offers? Hey, if you get an offer for the $12K you're now looking for, maybe you should decline the sale and bump it up again. :blink: O.k. Back to the NARRC Runoffs discussion cause this one will drive anyone crazy and is just silly.

Greg Amy
09-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Hmmm, seems a lot of you are more interested in what Jeremy does with his car than Jeremy is...do I detect some FEAR involved here...? Can't a girl just change her mind?

Must be some kinda Freudian reason you guys want Jeremy to sell off so bad...

Hey, I'm just sayin' (c. Catch-22)...

dominojd
09-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, seems a lot of you are more interested in what Jeremy does with his car than Jeremy is...do I detect some FEAR involved here...? Can't a girl just change her mind?

[/b]

I think they must get all hot and bothered seeing GQ Jeremy walking around the paddock in his driver suit. :P

Doc Bro
09-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread from the adventures of 'Captain Indecision' (Jeremy) back to the Runoffs....but have the powers that be split DP out of group 3 yet? I'm sorry if I may have missed that but I'd just like to get confirmation.

R

Jeremy Billiel
09-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread from the adventures of 'Captain Indecision' (Jeremy) back to the Runoffs....but have the powers that be split DP out of group 3 yet? I'm sorry if I may have missed that but I'd just like to get confirmation.

R
[/b]

Not that I am aware of, but I want to see DP stay with ITA...

dominojd
09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
UH OH another 55% chance of rain and i'll be there. :D

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCT...Link_undeclared (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCT0197?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared)

Wow that's kinda cool andy is registered in 2 classes in the same race group. Is it possible to win twice in the same race? :unsure:

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
I have petitioned the PTB that they pull DP out of ITA. I sent a message that IF they do, I will run DP also - and see if any other ITR, ITS, ITA guys want to run for bragging rights.

Hey Greg, wanna race?

Try this one Joe:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/...6hr_topnav_golf (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/USCT0105?from=36hr_topnav_golf)

Does that means you only have a 10% chance of winning? <_<

dominojd
09-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Does that means you only have a 10% chance of winning? <_<
[/b]

No that means there is an 85% chance I will not be racing. :P

Greg Amy
09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey Greg, wanna race?[/b]
Absolutely! Unlike The Gran Challenge, that&#39;s a race I can&#39;t "lose"!

B)

Side note: Weather.com is my absolute *least* favorite web site for any kind of long-range forecasting. Don&#39;t know what it is about those guys, but I use them to let me know what the weather is outside, assuming I&#39;m too lazy to look out the window myself. Don&#39;t really use them for much more.

From easily-available retail web sites, I much prefer to use AccuWeather.com for long-range. For up here in the Northeast, about a week in advance, review their forecasts; take their +/- one day each side and you&#39;ve pretty much nailed the probability of what you&#39;re gonna see (assuming no invasive localized patterns inbound, such as a hurricane...)

Andy Bettencourt
09-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Absolutely! Unlike The Gran Challenge, that&#39;s a race I can&#39;t "lose"!
[/b]

Oh, you&#39;re gonna lose, you just have the luxery of picking what car you drive. :)

Greg Amy
09-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh, you&#39;re gonna lose, you just have the luxery of picking what car you drive. :)[/b]
He don&#39;t "get it", do he...?

;)

Andy Bettencourt
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
He don&#39;t "get it", do he...?

;)

[/b]

Oh, I get it. Put yourself in a low-expectation position, and only good things can happen. I am sensing a trend in 2007...oh well. Nobody interested in racing - no problem. Thought it would be fun ala OMP Challenge from years past.

Greg Amy
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh, I get it. Put yourself in a low-expectation position, and only good things can happen.[/b]
BZZZT! Thanks for playing...

Don&#39;t worry about it; we&#39;ll have fun regardless if you&#39;re DP or ITA. Should be quite a battle: a car with the same horsepower as the NX but "handles"...

Andy Bettencourt
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Low expectations, testing for next year, whatever you want to call it! If it ain&#39;t gonna be a race, then forget it...

I was hoping for a nice OMP-style shootout but no takers means I get to save some $$$ for next year...and that ain&#39;t a bad thing. I can&#39;t wait to drive Mid-Ohio.

Tkczecheredflag
09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Low expectations, testing for next year, whatever you want to call it! If it ain&#39;t gonna be a race, then forget it...

I was hoping for a nice OMP-style shootout but no takers means I get to save some $$$ for next year...and that ain&#39;t a bad thing. I can&#39;t wait to drive Mid-Ohio.
[/b]
Just when things start to get interesting I have to leave town. - Oh well.

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 10:23 AM
ITR: 2
ITS: 11
ITA: 16
ITB: 17
ITC: 0

Congrats to ITB. Gonna be a barn-burner.

Boo to Joe who will only come if it rains.

JLawton
09-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Is this considered a "spectator event"?

How much are they charging for admission these days?

Magical Trevor
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
$15 at the gate, $10 in advance, I believe. (Saturday only)

benspeed
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Joe - you gotta race - especially now that you have the bug swatter signature that is squishing Andy&#39;s bug!

The Headlines Read, "NARRC Championship ITA Race - Race analysts predict a runaway victory because the rest of the ITA field turned into a bunch of panzies and stayed home and posted a bunch of lame inquiries on IT.com asking, who won?"

How can you guys miss this race? Shame on your driving resume. Jeremy - I&#39;ll drive your car - how much???

dominojd
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Joe - you gotta race - especially now that you have the bug swatter signature that is squishing Andy&#39;s bug!

The Headlines Read, "NARRC Championship ITA Race - Race analysts predict a runaway victory because the rest of the ITA field turned into a bunch of panzies and stayed home and posted a bunch of lame inquiries on IT.com asking, who won?"

How can you guys miss this race? Shame on your driving resume. Jeremy - I&#39;ll drive your car - how much???
[/b]

No race for me. I decided months ago that I would not race. It is due to the stupid ass rule they made about doing all the freakin region races at LRP to get double points. So there rule lost one instead of gained.

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
No race for me. I decided months ago that I would not race. It is due to the stupid ass rule they made about doing all the freakin region races at LRP to get double points. So there rule lost one instead of gained. [/b]

Not buying it...respect level dropping fast...if it was going to be wet you would be there. Phooey on you.

Greg Amy
09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Not buying it...respect level dropping fast...if it was going to be wet you would be there. Phooey on you.
[/b]
Uuuuuhh, this coming from a guy that&#39;s passed up HOW MANY events...? IIRC, JoeBoy has been to all the tracks you have, PLUS Mid-Ohio twice (IT Fest and NASA Nats), is registered for WGI, and is heading southward for the ARRC?

Teapot/kettle/black and glass houses, and all that...

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Uuuuuhh, this coming from a guy that&#39;s passed up HOW MANY events...? IIRC, JoeBoy has been to all the tracks you have, PLUS Mid-Ohio twice (IT Fest and NASA Nats), is registered for WGI, and is heading southward for the ARRC?

Teapot/kettle/black and glass houses, and all that... [/b]

Never passed on ANY event I had planned at the beginning of the season. Especially ones that included weather that didn&#39;t meet my &#39;needs&#39;...which ended up to be about 6 of them... :rolleyes:

Oh well.

dominojd
09-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Teapot/kettle/black and glass houses, and all that...
[/b]

You forgot Summit Point. :D

Tkczecheredflag
09-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Believe me, It&#39;s killing me not to be at LRP for the NARRC-OFFS. I believe this will be the first time I missed the NARRC-OFF since &#39;95. I must admit that originally I did plan to be there, but family stuff got in the way weeks ago (July) - Although third is a lock Crazy Joe&#39;s second place spot is up for grabs in ITA. It&#39;s going to be a hell of race. Players will be missing, but what about the Dark Horse and Ringers (Serra, Hawthorne and others to be announced soon)

Let&#39;s me see - a possible second place finish in the NARRC Series, and another win at LRP or a divorce, second and a win or a divorce - Don&#39;t worry Joe your silver is safe. :D

Greg Amy
09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
You forgot Summit Point. :D[/b]
Yep, that&#39;s right! Sorry about that oversight Joe-Boy!

And, let&#39;s see, I think I got in Summit and VIR in there, too...and I least VISITED Nelson Ledge as part of a team...added to LRP, NHIS, Mid-O, and WGI...and I&#39;m going back to VIR this year...and Road Atlanta...

...you know, Joe, you and I really ought to venture outside our little pond some time, you know what I mean...?

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
...you know, Joe, you and I really ought to venture outside our little pond some time, you know what I mean...?
[/b]

It&#39;s a good idea, especially when the sharks in the &#39;little&#39; pond would be eating your lunch! The little fish are all growed up!

Ahhh, life is good.

dominojd
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Yep, that&#39;s right! Sorry about that oversight Joe-Boy!

And, let&#39;s see, I think I got in Summit and VIR in there, too...and I least VISITED Nelson Ledge as part of a team...added to LRP, NHIS, Mid-O, and WGI...and I&#39;m going back to VIR this year...and Road Atlanta...

[/b]

What about Pocono? :P

Greg Amy
09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
What about Pocono? :P[/b]
Pocono, right! Damn, I must be gettin&#39; old in my age and experience! There tweren&#39;t any more in there that I forget about in my drunken stupor, is there...?

Say, isn&#39;t Pocono where...? Nah, I must be thinkin&#39; of something else...

It&#39;s a good idea, especially when the sharks in the &#39;little&#39; pond would be eating your lunch![/b]
Hmmm, seems to me (from watchin&#39; National Geographic - that&#39;s one of them there "educational shows") that sharks&#39; ability to grow is severely limited by its environment...they can only grow so far until they just...well, stop. Up &#39;til that point, what are small fish called? What is it? - minnows?

But, hey, if you build a big enough stick, even a minnow can swim with The Big Fish once in a while...but if they stay in the small pond, they&#39;re still minnows...

;)

Now, if the minnow wants to swap sticks with the shark just to prove how "good" it really is...well, that&#39;s another fairy tale...

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Just don&#39;t start cryin&#39; again when the minnow continues to whack you around with his big stick, regardless of the pond... :023:

Seriously, it won&#39;t be the same without Joe, Tim, Greg and Rick. You can only beat who shows up (right Jeff?) but it would be nice to have the Region&#39;s best at it&#39;s biggest race. The addition of Shane and Anthony is huge but....Next year the series gets a revamp.

Greg Amy
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
:)

True, true. I don&#39;t begrudge you your success one iota; you done good, grasshopper! I wish our goals hadn&#39;t been so divergent, it might have been a good run this year!

You just never know what might happen in the future, so stop bein&#39; all sheiss-cocky and "stuff" and get your prep in order; God Almighty Himself might be comin&#39; your way with your number in His hand (or so he boasts....)!!!

See y&#39;all this weekend; Yuengling Lager on ice at my trailer!

Tkczecheredflag
09-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Seriously, it won&#39;t be the same without Joe, Tim, Greg and Rick. You can only TRY to beat who shows up (right Jeff?) but it would be nice to have the Region&#39;s best at it&#39;s biggest race.

FIXED -
[/b]

I&#39;m learning Greg

Jake
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
...it would be nice to have the Region&#39;s best at it&#39;s biggest race..
[/b]

Hey I&#39;m going to be there! :blink: I&#39;m going to do my best to keep my record as fastest Toyota in every race! :eclipsee_steering:

Or maybe I&#39;ll show up in the drift car an put on a show for the scouts. :o

The turbo is IN :happy204:

Andy Bettencourt
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I&#39;m going to do my best to keep my record as fastest Toyota in every race! :eclipsee_steering:

[/b]

Then stay away from Summit Point!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=667265

Guess what kind of car Doug Kinser drives in ITA...

spnkzss
09-26-2007, 07:29 AM

[/b]

I think he is going to build a motor this winter also, so it "should" be interesting.

Jake
09-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey I&#39;m going to be there! :blink: I&#39;m going to do my best to keep my record as ONLY Toyota in every LRP race! :eclipsee_steering:

Or maybe I&#39;ll show up in the drift car an put on a show for the scouts. :o

The turbo is IN :happy204:
[/b]

Fixed my post! :P

Gregg
09-26-2007, 10:28 AM

[/b]
To be fair, Andy, he was 30 seconds out from 2nd place and would have been 4th had the leader not killed another half-shaft after breaking the track record (and running over one sec/lap faster than the eventual winner). That said, Mr. Kinser might find a few seconds with a full-tilt motor and maybe a front air damn too (pretty cool how the nose of his car points skyward--kinda like it needs a motor in the front).

-Gregg (who came in 2nd)

spnkzss
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
To be fair, Andy, he was 30 seconds out from 2nd place and would have been 4th had the leader not killed another half-shaft after breaking the track record (and running over one sec/lap faster than the eventual winner). That said, Mr. Kinser might find a few seconds with a full-tilt motor and maybe a front air damn too (pretty cool how the nose of his car points skyward--kinda like it needs a motor in the front).

-Gregg (who came in 2nd)
[/b]

6th if Pritt had figured out he needs to replace tires every forth race BEFORE Marrs X. I say 6th cause Brad probably wouldn&#39;t ahve let him by either.

Still thin a new motor would help cut the 3o sec gap down to maybe 15

Andy Bettencourt
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

-Gregg (who came in 2nd) [/b]

I was just poking at Jake&#39;s comment about being the fastest Toyota at every race. That guy is 2 seconds faster than his best lap there with an unprepped motor.

As far as results go, I don&#39;t look at where you finish, I look at fast laps to get a &#39;feel&#39; for how competitive a guy was on a certain day. Anything can happen in between. All the banter surrounding the MR2 lately I thought it would be funny to point out this result.

In the end, it doesn&#39;t matter. The process is the process. Believe in it Luke.

RSTPerformance
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
No race for me. I decided months ago that I would not race. It is due to the stupid ass rule they made about doing all the freakin region races at LRP to get double points. So there rule lost one instead of gained.
[/b]

I made the same choice as well... This race was originally on my never to miss schedule, but the sneeky rules realy changed my mind. It turned out to be a good choice as Dad&#39;s bachelor party is Friday night and isn&#39;t anywhere near Lime Rock.

However I WANT TO COME VISIT WITH EVERYONE... but I don&#39;t want to work (I am not suporting LRP NARRC series races with voluntter work, and I have worked enough races this season, so its time to hang with the friends!!!)... ANYONE HAVE A CREW SPOT OPEN???

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
09-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I made the same choice as well... This race was originally on my never to miss schedule, but the sneeky rules realy changed my mind.

[/b]

Let me ask you this: If you didn&#39;t plan on running for a Championship this year anyway, what beef do you have with individual events? You give a lot to NER but you are only hurting this event and potentially our future there by boycotting. If you want to race it, race it. The NARRC Committee knows we want a change and has mobilized us to help them. 2008 will be different.

...and something published at the beginning of the year before anyone turned a wheel is hardly sneeky. Just because the rules package was not the greatest doesn&#39;t make it underhanded. We as drivers will be involved this upcoming year. Make sure your voice is loud and clear what you want. I got involved because I didn&#39;t like the situation but boycotting an event because of series rules when you aren&#39;t even running the series seems counter-productive. Help me understand.

I have a crew spot for you...09 ITA. You are in. You can go on record over a beer or 5. :)

RSTPerformance
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Andy-

Thanks for the crew spot!!! Much appreciated...

As everyone knows, I didn&#39;t like the NARRC thing in 2007 at all, I am glad that people will actually be listened to in 2008. The changes are excellent and I look forward to seeing how the drivers organize this series rather than the people putting on the events. It should make for a better series.

Now how is my boycotting EVERY NARRC race this year helpfull... We (not just my complaining) got heard, and changes are being made :023: If people like me boycotting helped or not, it did make me feel good (wright or wrong :rolleyes: ).

We could argua all day about what people should or shouldn&#39;t do... either way I have dad&#39;s party, so I can&#39;t come down till Saturday anyhow. If I didn&#39;t have the party, realisticly I would probably be looking into registering for the first race ever that has more ITB cars than any other IT class... :birra:

Raymond "see you Saturday..." Blethen

Ed Funk
09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Raymond, not the first race ever! ITB in the late &#39;80&#39;s early &#39;90&#39;s was the big IT class, IIRC frequently more B cars than all other IT classes combined (but I am old and memory among other things isn&#39;t always "UP"). The 2nd John Stim race in 1990 had ITB as the first race of the day and was B only (John Stim of MoHud Region raced ITB), again IIRC there were 30 some B cars. It was cool, we had 2 Pace Laps with "John Stim" on pole in a missing man formation for the first pace lap. Anyway, like I said I&#39;m old so this could all have been a dream. I&#39; sure there is someone who could access old results to check my geriatric "facts".

gran racing
09-27-2007, 09:24 AM
in a missing man formation for the first pace lap.[/b]

What does that mean? Is it that no one was next to the person on pole?

benspeed
09-27-2007, 11:40 AM
This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Ed Funk
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
What does that mean? Is it that no one was next to the person on pole?
[/b]

Dave it means that the late John Stim had the pole, since he was deceased, he was "missing" the whole right column of cars dropped back one position for the first of two pace laps, leaving the pole position empty. The second pace lap was normal. Blue Angels etc occasionally fly a "missing man" formation to honor a fallen pilot.

Greg Amy
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.[/b]
Well, to be fair, a few things merged to cause this:

1) The NARRC point system was adjusted such that you had to attend specific races in order to be eligible for double points at the NARRCoffs (traditionally, there were no requirements for double points);

2) One of those required races fell on the same weekend as the new IT Fest at Mid-Ohio, which a lot of Nor&#39;easters attended;

3) As a result, the NARRCoffs lost one of their major draws, which was the double points;

4) In most classes, the champion have already been decided, with or without that double points potential.

Add in there it&#39;s approaching the end of the year (and the end of budgets) and it&#39;s probably not a difficult decision for a lot of folks to sit this one out...

That said, there are 194 entries on-line, with no doubt a few more mail-ins, so it&#39;s really not that bad of a turn-out. Less than we&#39;d like, of course, but you lie in the bed you make... - GA

Magical Trevor
09-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Just for the sake of argument, Greg, point 4 just kinda makes the other three irrelevant then-but hey, about 200 should be enough anyway.
Kinda hard to believe it&#39;s already the end of the season... :(

dominojd
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.
[/b]

I&#39;m not staying home. I will be there to watch. :P

gran racing
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Now I&#39;m excited!!! I just got the car back from Kessler Engineering and Matt was able to resolve my brake issues. He also saw that one of my rear wheels had waaaay too much toe out caused from the Mid Ohio wall that got in my way.

I think I&#39;ve been hanging out with Gulick too long - here I am the night before finally getting the car in shape to race. Oh wait, Jake, you&#39;d do it at the track. LOL