PDA

View Full Version : Talladega Gran Prix Raceway – Street Car Track Day, 10/18

Joe-Racer
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
My apologies in advance to the moderators if this is the wrong forum to post this in. :D

Talladega Gran Prix Raceway – October 18th, Street Car Test and Tune

Myself and another partner are putting together another "street car only" track event at TGP, east of Birmingham, on October 18th (Thursday). If you are interested in attending the event, please RSVP myself or Bruce Schonk (info at the bottom) . All payments will be handled through Paypal @ a total cost of $155 for the entire track day. This covers all fees. The limit on the number of entrants has been increased to 15 cars.

This track day has already been reserved with TGP.

If your car makes in excess of 350whp, make a note of it on your entry. I will be sending out additional information for those who RSVP. Please reply no later than 9/22/07.

This is not a sanctioned event. No times will be recorded, etc, etc. 3 cars on the track track at one time. There will be corner workers at 4 stations. Similar to a PDX event (controlled passing)

Track Info –

* Freshly paved and expanded 1.40 mile track
* Controlled passing is allowed with a point-by
* Novice and Experienced Run Groups
* Personal instruction is available to all Novices (and free of charge)
* Smoothly graded grassy run-off areas
* 600 ft paved pit road
* Plenty of paved paddock parking
* Shaded paddock areas

Contact Details:
Joe Ippolito
[email protected]

Bruce Schonk
[email protected]

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/jippolito001/tgp.jpg

Joe-Racer
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
So far we have

1 - Me, 03 Evo 8 Stroker
2- Bruce Schonk, 06 Mazdaspeed6
3- Sean DeNardo, 07 Nissan Spec V
4- Darren, 20XX Civic Hatch, hybrid swap

Let me know if you're interested. You cant beat it for the money.

THX!

RussMcB
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey, Joe. Is there a chance that a formula car could do something like two or three 5-8 minute sessions? I built a car during 2006, planning to race it at the ARRC in November but don't want that event to be the first time I drive it hard. I mainly want to do system checks and discover problems early enough to correct them before the ARRC.

I can be pretty flexible and work around the schedule preferred by the street cars. Heck, it wouldn't bother me to be on the track with street cars. I'd keep plenty of distance from other cars.

Another option: I may be able to get 2-3 other formula cars if that helps with logistics and fees.

Thanks for considering.

Russ McBride
RF94 F1000

Joe-Racer
09-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey Russ

I'll ask track management. I havent seen it done before but that doesnt mean it cant be since the groups are segregated.

I say its 50/50 chance.

RussMcB
09-21-2007, 12:15 AM
That's cool. Thanks.