PDA

View Full Version : In car video

paul59
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
You have got to love this stuff. what a run buy this guy!!!!

http://www.trackdaymedia.com/modules.php?n...p=getit&lid=145 (http://www.trackdaymedia.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=145)

924Guy
09-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, what a rush! Awesome drive, VERY clean and smart! My kinda stuff... :023: :happy204:

Makes me wish I were going back for WOR Games...

paul59
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I can't wait to get back to the track.... It's killing me....
what a great job avoiding all the carnage!!!!
This is why we do what we do... like you said what a rush!!!

zracre
09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
awesome run! luck and skill makes a good combination.

paul59
09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
sometimes it's better to be lucky than good... He has a nice combo the car had great top end, he misses all the wrecks, and drove real clean.

I'm working on an in car camera video from Daytona... it's way to long 30 min. but still real cool to watch yourself, see your mistakes, and good moves..
I was a much slower car in the class but the race with in the race is a blast!!!

Racer Chris
09-13-2007, 05:55 AM
awesome run! luck and skill makes a good combination.
[/b]
Luck, skill, and determination! :)
Erik is an excellent car builder, crew chief and driver.
I would love to see him with a pro ride in World Challenge or other sedan/sports car series.

ScotMac
09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Great run. And there REALLY was a ton of carnage. Love the enthusiasm.

Was cool to see some interesting cars out there, also. Triumph TR6, Locost Se7en, ...

However, what is the deal w/ the Locost Se7en? He passed it about halfway thru the video, but then it ends up ahead of him. Mustve been something to do w/ the editing and the incidents.

paul59
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I think there were three. Two yellow and one black one, that was in one of the incidents...

Racer Chris
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
However, what is the deal w/ the Locost Se7en? He passed it about halfway thru the video, but then it ends up ahead of him. Mustve been something to do w/ the editing and the incidents.
[/b]
One Caterham was on pole, was involved in the first lap incident in the esses and later dropped out. The Caterham that won started near the front and stayed close throughout the race. 2 other Caterhams started mid-pack ahead of Erik, one was hit in the first lap melee and dropped something on the track that Erik avoided by going off course to drivers right. The yellow one Erik passed mid-race had a british flag on the rear panel.
A fifth Caterham started somewhere behind Erik I think.

Thorshammer
10-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Guys,

Just saw this thread. I was very happy about the outcome. I would like to be lucky AND good. Some of the issues we had to deal with were a lack of grip on turn in, also some power on grip issues. I believe they are sorted out. I only had three outings this year, 2 wins and a third (in the driving rain on slicks).

Chris is right, I would really love to get into a pro ride, or at least have a try out. I've been setting up a Radical and hope the experience will pay dividends in my racing. Put it on the outside pole at Watkins Glen, then won from there. I had a blast, and learned alot. Like what it feels like at 100+ to spin the wheels. I have done this with one driving wheel (motorcycles) but not two until now. Great fun. Great track.

Thanks guys,

Erik Madsen
AKA Thorshammer