PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Runoffs 2007

Andy Bettencourt
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
1. The run groups in the supps are not correct. I just got an e-mail from the NYR registrar (as did many of you):

G1: ITS, ITB, ITR

G2: And 2. Mr. Anthony Serra himself is registered for ITA. Maybe all the guns will show up!

JLawton
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
That makes no sense to put DP in with any IT classes. I was going to run DP, break Greg's record of a 1:20 and stand next to Paul Newman when he's up on the podium!!

I think Anthony has signed up the last three years...........

Greg Amy
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
That makes no sense to put DP in with any IT classes.[/b]
Agreed.

I can see it from a relative-speed sense, but given the only customers for DP this year have been IT cars, you just shot yourself in the foot for potential double-up entries... - GA

Tkczecheredflag
09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I think Anthony has signed up the last three years...........
[/b]
I've seen a lot of midnight oil burning in the "race prep shop" recently - thought I heard something about another race in the Atlanta area from that camp too. I believe they have been working on a Honda type product there. Ya think???

dazzlesa
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
i get a little sick when i here of the prep level that might be making it into future IT cars. it sounds to me like some might be using a sledge hammer to tap in a trim nail.

RSTPerformance
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
i get a little sick when i here of the prep level that might be making it into future IT cars. it sounds to me like some might be using a sledge hammer to tap in a trim nail.
[/b]

That makes it so much better when the screwdriver gets the nail in first!!!

Raymond

gran racing
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Rick, I'm not trying to be a jerk but what do you call your Integra? That's certainly a very well prepared car and has to have fairly substantial amount of cash invested in it. Then again, maybe its why you're being tempted by the ITB dark side.

lateapex911
09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
yea Rick, I'm baffled as to where that comment comes from, and what prompted it? (The only apparent related post is by Tim, I guess) And like Dave, I'm more confused by the fact that you purchased the top of the line car from that shop....so the comment, if related, strikes me as completely hypocritical. So I guess I am confused....

dominojd
09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
G3 is going to be a total cluster. My prediction. :(

Hey Greg we gonna go and spectate? Drink beer friday night, show up at 9 am, and drink more beer. What do ya think?

dazzlesa
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
i hope this offers some insight. i knew the integra was well prepared and that is what i wanted. the first year the car was exactly what i purchased, a well prepped car that could run with any car in the country. what more can i ask for?
well they changed the rules on the car and they added more competiton. now it takes more commitment, testing and money to run up front. are you in or out?
now i here of a level of prep that is higher than we have now. my brain is telling me that it is just silly to spend crazy money for a regional race. i love to race and winning is a thrill, but i am not here to out spend my competitor to take home a plastic trophy. i think i was nieve thinking development was done for a car built to the level mine was.
i enjoy racing A and B. i just have to pick a budget that i am comfortable with.

lateapex911
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Gotcha, but I'd suggest that when you first bought your car, it was an overdog, (or one of a couple of), and therefor the prep and testing and driving aspects could be put on a backburner.

Now that things are more "heads up" everything has to be right when the competition decides they want it as much ...or more...than you do. I suggest that ITB may be a bit cheaper but any huge savings will come from:

- The class not ispiring people to spend the time and money to develop and test to the same level as those in ITA, or...

- There is a similar car in ITB that can win easily with the same or lesser development level.

Andy Bettencourt
09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
i think i was nieve thinking development was done for a car built to the level mine was.
i enjoy racing A and B. i just have to pick a budget that i am comfortable with. [/b]

I think you make two great points here. 1st, development is NEVER done.

2nd, we all make our choices based on many differerent factors, budget has to be one of the most important. The minute my car starts nickel and diming me to death and it doesn't become fun, I will look to some other class.

RSTPerformance
09-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Sometimes you ITA people drive me nuts... You always imply that the ITA field is stronger than the ITB field... I personally would love to see someone take a fully developed Audi up against our YEARS of development and understanding of the cars dynamics and our driving ability. I also would love to see the same against the Canadians (derek & Rob) or even more so against the Carlsons. That is just in the Northeast. Go elsewhere and you find people like Sam Moore, Chris Albin, Brent Louzon, Douglas Spencer. You an also look at people with dam close to fully developed cars whom have just surfaced within the last year or so with all the right stuff like Vaughan Scott, Dave Gran or Beran Peter. I am sure that I am missing several others.

I think the big difference between ITA and ITB is that the cars are classed better or closer together than in ITA or ITS. Having a car at 100% build does not win races without a good driver, but a good driver can certainly overcome a 100% build car. I would hate to say that ITA doesn't have great drivers because I think that it does, I truly think it is more about the classing wich HAS NOT changed a lot over the years in ITB and the moves/changes that have been made have been closely watched and correctly done (props to the ITAC for not "F-ing" up the class.

JMO

Raymond

Greg Amy
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Sometimes you ITA people drive me nuts......would love to see someone take a fully developed Audi up against our YEARS of development and understanding of the cars dynamics and our driving ability...[/b]
Hmmmm......interesting idea.......

RSTPerformance
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm......interesting idea.......
[/b]

That would be fun!!! and you do seem to know a bit about Audi's suspension and CIS system (I have noticed other posts you have made) ;)

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Ray-Ray,

You are reading a little too much into the comments. The ITB fields are smaller so the perception may be that wins could come easier. Heck, the ITB front runners may be a deeper group than any class but when you win without a 'built' motor, it lends itself to tha kinda perception. Class Championships without max HP efforts in NER don't come around in ITA or ITS anymore.

The faster the cars, (ITR>ITS>ITA>ITB>ITC) the more money it sems to keep these things in top tune. I always wanted to run a 510 in ITC but I also want to run against more than 3 cars.

NER is a hotbed for top IT cars, in any class, and it gets proven time and time again when racers travel out of Region (Nick in ITS, Greg in ITA, you guys and Dave in ITB, Timmy in ITC - just from recent history)

gran racing
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
but when you win without a 'built' motor, it lends itself to tha kinda perception.[/b]

What? That the Audi needs weight? (I can just feel the evil look Ray is giving me. Stop that! Hey, you would have said the same about my car, LOL.)

I realize that car prep, the amount of funds, and choosing the right car for the class are all part of the game but it sure would be interesting to see several drivers put in identically prepped cars to see who the better drivers are. I’m still very curious to see what Gulick (and a few others) will do in another ride.

Back to the NARRC, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there are a few ITB cars run in the high 1:03s at this event. It should be an interesting one!

Doc Bro
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
I realize that car prep, the amount of funds, and choosing the right car for the class are all part of the game but it sure would be interesting to see several drivers put in identically prepped cars to see who the better drivers are. I’m still very curious to see what Gulick (and a few others) will do in another ride.

[/b]

Dave,

Put your money where your mouth is....do an enduro with YOUR car, with one or more "other" drivers....like Greg and Jeff and see what shakes out. It may do wonders for your development budget. I did one this year and I lost a fifty on a side bet. :bash_1_:

R

gran racing
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Ah, but I was talking about many other drivers besides myself and not all are currently front runners. (Rob, I did have three people drive / ride along with me this year. One scared me, and I was the one driving with him in the passenger seat! Another was a former very good pro driver - that was an awesome experience. "Dave, you turned the steering wheel a little too much in that corner, that was a 1/10th. Dave, if you use your brakes a little more, you're lap times will actually decrease.")