PDA

View Full Version : The ARRC by GRM

Butch Kummer
09-10-2007, 08:05 AM
GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS MAGAZINE RETURNS AS PRESENTING SPONSOR OF AMERICAN ROAD RACE OF CHAMPIONS

Atlanta, GA, September 10, 2007 – For the 14th Annual American Road Race of Champions, the Atlanta Region SCCA proudly welcomes the return of Grassroots Motorsports magazine as the presenting sponsor of the event held annually at Road Atlanta.

Along with the June Sprints and the Runoffs, the ARRC ranks among the best-attended events on the SCCA calendar. The Atlanta Region SCCA and Road Atlanta will host over 350 entrants from across the country and Canada to race for 29 championships over the course of the three day event from November 9-11, 2007.

Since 1994, the revived American Road Race of Champions has been the SCCA National Championship for amateur racers in regional-only SCCA classes not invited to the Runoffs. The historical roots of the event lie in the first ARRC held at California’s now closed Riverside Raceway in 1964.

Butch Kummer, Competition Director of the Atlanta Region SCCA explains, "Grassroots Motorsports Magazine reaches our competitors throughout the year with informative, fun editorial features about the men, women, products, and cars involved in SCCA competition. This is a symbiotic partnership that will expand their editorial content by allowing even greater access to all aspects of the great event that is ARRC. Our competitors, workers, and fans will enjoy reading about ARRC when they return home after the event."

Tim Suddard, Publisher of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine states, "We're pleased to once again be involved in a major way and look forward to help building this event to the level it deserves."

The American Road Race of Champions will be held at Road Atlanta, November 9-11, 2007 and is sanctioned by the Atlanta Region Sports Car Club of America. Tickets for the event are available at the gate at Road Atlanta. For more information visit www.arrc-online.com, www.roadatlanta.com, and www.grassrootsmotorsports.com.

= = = = = = =

Registration is now open either directly at DLBRacing or through links at www.ARRC-Online.com. The earlier you sign up the better the chances of getting the car number you want.

R2 Racing
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Awesome news. I'm looking forward to even more in-depth coverage of the ARRC in GRM this year. Thanks for supporting it, GRM! :023:

Xian
09-10-2007, 01:36 PM
That's great news!! GRM and their staff are top-notch and I'm happy to hear that they'll be involved with this year's ARRC.

Christian, who has to admit to being a bit surprised to see this move from GRM with their seemingly "tight" affiliation with NASA...

bobpink
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
In the early years of the ARRC the presenting sponsor was Grassroots Motorsports. After some time away they are returning so there is a precedent for them being involved with the ARRC. We truly welcome them back.

DavidM
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Good to see the ARRC getting some props. It's a great event even for those of us who aren't competing at the front for podiums.

David

IPRESS
09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
What David said!

Mac

Butch Kummer
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I know you guys have all memorized the Supps and know the absolute deadline for registering for the ARRC by GRM is noon on November 5, but if you want to be included in the Event Program (so you can send a copy to your Mom :lol: ) you need to register by Oct. 20. Again, Atlanta Region does not deposit checks until after the event and refunds (even PayPal) are automatic for no-shows, so there's no reason to delay registration.

I've also been monitoring Group counts and be aware that we're looking at moving some classes around to better equalize the group sizes. 62 (and counting) single-seaters in one qualifying session is way too many when other groups are in the single digits.

Finally, here's the information on the Test Day (assuming I can attach it correctly).

[attachmentid=1166]

Let me know if you have questions or concerns...

spnkzss
10-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Guess it's time to get a subscription to GRM. Let it laps after not renewing NASA.