PDA

View Full Version : New SCCA.com Website

gran racing
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Check out the new SCCA Website Look (http://www.scca.com). I know no matter what it looks like, we're sure to hear cynics about how it could be done better. It took me a little bit to get adjusted to it, but after just a little time I've grown to like the new feel.

Dear SCCA Members,

Welcome to the new and improved SCCA.com.

The site you’ve just landed on was completely rebuilt based on feedback from the membership, staff and fans of SCCA. It’s not just new bodywork on an old chassis. We’ve built this new model from the ground up with new chassis, drivetrain, driver and navigator equipment and body.

First and foremost, we’ve added speed, something that was missing before. You’ll notice the new site is on par with the best sites you visit every day on the Internet.

The Navigation will be changed a bit as well. It will take far less clicks to get to the things you pull up the most. Looking for Fastrack? There will always be a big button in the lower right hand corner of the home page, as well as a link from each of the Competition Department home pages. When our Championship events are running, you can click to the event information—including results, schedules, entry lists—right from the front page of the Web site.

We’ve not changed everything on the site though. If you’re familiar with how you get to something, chances are you’ll still find it. However, if you can’t locate something, type in what you’re looking for in the “Search” bar and you should get to what you’re after.

If you’re still stumped with where something is, or you’ve actually discovered that something is missing, send a quick message to [email protected] and we’ll get that question answered as quickly as possible.

And remember, like any new racecar, sometimes new things can be finicky at first. However, after extensive testing and learning from the launch of the last Web site, we’re confident that your first test drive of the new site will go smoothly.

Enjoy your new Web site and we’ll see you at an event soon!

Sincerely,

Jim Julow
President & CEO, SCCA, Inc.[/b]

planet6racing
09-07-2007, 08:34 AM
While still not my favorite, this is certainly better than the last. The "Get Real...Fast" campaign never really did it for me.

OTLimit
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Honestly, I can't say as how I like it.