PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Labor Day Results

Hammer
09-03-2007, 10:10 PM
The Sebring Labor Day race results are up on MYLAPS

Russell
09-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey Paul, how did the second race go? Clean start that time? I hope so.

Hammer
09-04-2007, 08:25 PM
The second race had a clean start and no metal to metal incidents that I saw. There were a few sprinkles at the hair pin and later in turn 17. It was a shame to see an ITS RX7 and a IT7 get totalled in the first race at the start in turn 1. Luckily no one was hurt.

Russell
09-05-2007, 07:31 AM
That is good that the second race was clean. Yes, it was a shame for two cars to be wrecked so bad Sunday morning.

Here is some video of my race with a pair of ISC Miatas. It was fun until operator error ended the day in tower turn......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_Vx6gtTWs

See you at Daytona!!!!

mom'sZ
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
It was a shame to see an ITS RX7 and a IT7 get totalled in the first race at the start in turn 1. Luckily no one was hurt.
[/b]
Does anybody know who these two drivers were? Or even car number or color?

Hammer
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Peter Eels was in the ITS RX7, white with green lettering. Barry Burgoon was in a blue and yellow IT7 RX7.

The race results are also posted on the CFR SCCA website.

SATURNRACER
09-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Russell!!!
Where have you been?
Looks like you have your car dialed in. I wish I was there to play....
Did you race in only one race?
I guess I will see you at Daytona.
O.B.
:eclipsee_steering:

Mike Guenther
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
In the picture just before Peter gets T-boned, you can see Barry Burgoon in a blue, white and yellow IT7 RX7 just to the right of Paul Ronne's orange Nissan.

The second picture is after the impact.

These photos were taken by Colour Tech South of Leesburg Florida. They will sell copies if you contact them.
Thank goodness both drivers walked away O.K.[attachmentid=1112]

Mike Guenther
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I couldn't edit the "before" picture properly to get it to post. The picture needs to be full width to show both Peter and to the far left, Barry who ends up at Peter's door. Colour Tech South has a series of about ten photos from the start of the race showing Peter's slide and those of us that made it past and a couple after the impact. They can be reached at area code 407, phone 325-2520.