PDA

View Full Version : neon rad

Streetwise guy
09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Has there been a thread on here about Neon rads? I am using the larger, stock rad, but I think more is an order. Any suggestions or directions to a previous discussion?

Rabbit07
09-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I haven't found a need for anything other than the stock radiator. Perhaps you have other cooling issues?

77ITA
09-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't found a need for anything other than the stock radiator. Perhaps you have other cooling issues?
[/b]

Check out my thread here:

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=294925

Rabbit07
09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
What Controller are you running that is pulling timming at over 200? Sorry, but I haven't had that problem? I am not saying that keeping the engine running cooler isn't a good thing. I just don't have issues with running much hotter than 200 with a stock radiator.

Darryl Pritchett
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure which gauge to believe on my car. My water temp gauge does reach 220 under race conditions here in Florida but the factory gauge is always right in the middle so I have not worried about it too much. I did run some water wetter last time but did not seem to change much. I am running the Mopar Performance computer in mine.

Streetwise guy
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
My first race with the car, I had no trouble at all with temp, but at the second, it was climbing, and pushing water out the overflow after 8 laps. I think I must have a head or gasket issue, just the way it acts. I figured with a fresh head and good multi layer steel gasket I should have been ok, so I want lots of capacity for after I repair it again.

I am running the mopar performance ECU, on a twincam, new stock rad. That big aluminum thing looks nice. Maybe a bit heavier, but the car slows down shifting at 4500 rpm too. :(

I also have to get a real gauge- that stock cold/normal/shut it off now thing irks me.

m glassburner
09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
:o One thing I learned the hard way( twice actually) is that a water temp guage needs to be supplimented by a water pressure guage also....I had a water loss issue that the temp guage did'nt show....ie it never read over 225 each time.... I learned that it can't read what's not there ....mike.

Rabbit07
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
:o One thing I learned the hard way( twice actually) is that a water temp guage needs to be supplimented by a water pressure guage also....I had a water loss issue that the temp guage did'nt show....ie it never read over 225 each time.... I learned that it can't read what's not there ....mike.
[/b]

Good point Mike. I too have used water presure warning lamps

m glassburner
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
double post...sorry....mike. :eclipsee_steering:

GregM
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
We just ran at Lime Rock this past weekend and were running a bit hot with the new setup. I have to take a look at it and figure out what was going on.
We did see a really nice Ron Davis radiator in Walts ITA neon. I'll have to look into that more. He unfortunately didn't run as he lost an alternator. I offered one up to him but he decided to just pack it up.