PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Lost Cat

Doc Bro
08-28-2007, 10:39 AM
As I'm sure many in this community know, my parents cat snuck out of their RV through a window at NHIS overnight from friday to saturday. It's a long haired tan house cat about 12-15lbs. (named Tumbles because it rolls on its back when you pet it). If anyone knows of anybody who's seen it please contact me. Our thoughts are that the cat has probably gotten into a trailer and may have gone home with someone, and they may not know it until they unpack. Please help...they're heartbroken.

Thank You,
Rob
860-573-5681

Mom and Dad
401-683-3536

Greg Amy
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Rob, if you haven't already, call Betty French at the track and let her know. She'll tell the staff and they'll keep a lookout for her...

gran racing
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I'd also recommend contacting the Pit Talk Editor. If you're creative, you could write a brief article about the cat and how it loved racing so much it decided to stay at the track or something like that. I would imagine more people would read it and talk about it than just a "Missing Cat" ad in the back of the magazine. Either way, it couldn't hurt.

Tkczecheredflag
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Robert - I will check the trailer tomorrow with some kibble.

Doc Bro
08-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks all....any effort is much appreciated.

Thanks,
R

seckerich
08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Be sure to check with the local animal shelter soon. Good luck.

BobsAuto
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Rob, I will print up a flyer and bring it to the stores in the area. (I live near the track.) I will also contact a friend of mine on the local PD in case anyone has reported him/her found. Let me know if you find Tumbles....
603-369-2870....Trish

Doc Bro
09-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks Trish,

We contact the Louden PD, and the shelter in Concord. Ant help is appreciated.

R

Doc Bro
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Mom and Dad got a call this morning that the "prettiest cat was seen in the NHIS infield"....matching the description of our AWOL friend. They're on their way to NHIS as we speak. Hopefully they'll find their furry friend on arrival. More to come......

Thanks to all who helped!!

R

Greg Amy
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
:fingers crossed: !!!

Knestis
09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Been watching this WAITING for some good news! I'm with Greg.

Kirk - who actually has nightmares about bad things happening to pets, and has been known to do things like check that they are breathing when he wakes up in the middle of the night... :blink:

JeffYoung
09-05-2007, 10:48 AM
This is good news.

Kirk, you are checking the wrong end. With my pets, so long as that foul smell is still being farted out the ass-end, I know they are alive.

Greyhound farts - we could have won WWII in a few months if we had found ways to turn them into weapons.

gran racing
09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh I hear ya Jeff! My rottie farts, looks back at his butt, then actually gets up and leaves the room.

Looking forward to some good news doc.

lateapex911
09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I. on the other hand, love when my (shelter adopted) cats take a "vacation", LOL. Doc, if it doesn't work out, I can always loan you mine. (I guess I'm more of a dog guy who got suckered, LOL)

Fingers crossed for your parents....

Doc Bro
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Man you guys had me laughing. When my Rottie gets a little anxious out back he barks at his butt. It's a not so subtle way of him informing us he's got the fire down below.

R

Tkczecheredflag
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Great News - Apparently the news is out, they are dancing in the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP_tfVGKxdE

Magical Trevor
09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Great News - Apparently the news is out, they are dancing in the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP_tfVGKxdE
[/b]

......wow.

Great news Rob.

Doc Bro
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Tim, you're crazy...
:D
R

Andy Bettencourt
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Man you guys had me laughing. When my Rottie gets a little anxious out back he barks at his butt. It's a not so subtle way of him informing us he's got the fire down below.

R [/b]

Snots - now that is a great dog!

cpm motorsports
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I will admit it here and now. When one of my cats got out and disappeared a few years ago, I called a pet psychic. She told me the cat had crossed many lawns, and that she would telepathically contact the cat and tell her to find her way home. Well, five days later I was sitting on my deck and I heard a meow, and there she was! Now, I don't know about the lawns, I think she was probably just hiding under the deck the whole time, but it was like winning the lottery seeing her sitting there.

Rob, So glad to hear your news. Along with the dancing cat (Tim's video), your parents must be dancing as well!

Greg Amy
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Hopefully they'll find their furry friend on arrival. More to come...[/b]
...and...?

Doc Bro
09-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Just got off the phone with Mom and Dad. After a little effort they found Tumbles. He put up a little resistance as would any teenager on a two week bender, but they're on there way home as a reunited family. Special thanks to the folks at NHIS who took something "small" seriously. Their thoughtfulness and attention helped save a cat's life and bring hapiness to my parents.

On a side note, my parents will be taking Tumbles to the vet in the AM as he seems to have developed a smokers cough, and has a new Harley Davidson tatoo. Dad also said he thought he smelled JD on his breath....
more to come. :D

Thanks for all help and concern.

Sincerely,
R

Ron Earp
09-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Excellent news Rob, I'm happy the kitty is back home again!

Ron

JeffYoung
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Alright, kitty comes home. I'm not a fan of cats, but I am of pet owners being reunited with their pets, so good deal all on this.

Greg Amy
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
:026: :023: :023: :023:

lateapex911
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow,,,good ending. That was a long time.

dominojd
09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Very cool. :D

Magical Trevor
09-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Just got off the phone with Mom and Dad. After a little effort they found Tumbles. He put up a little resistance as would any teenager on a two week bender, but they're on there way home as a reunited family. Special thanks to the folks at NHIS who took something "small" seriously. Their thoughtfulness and attention helped save a cat's life and bring hapiness to my parents.

On a side note, my parents will be taking Tumbles to the vet in the AM as he seems to have developed a smokers cough, and has a new Harley Davidson tatoo. Dad also said he thought he smelled JD on his breath....
more to come. :D

Thanks for all help and concern.

Sincerely,
R
[/b]

They may be little balls of fluff that loaf around the house and do nothing, but they can get pretty primal once out of their little inside environment-you're probably better off not guessing what he fed on during his stay. :P
Great to see that everyone's back together. B)

almracing
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Great ending! With the JD smell, he must have been hanging out with Production guys. :D

Knestis
09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Yay!

K

zracre
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I have 2 indoor cats and a rottie that runs the house and yard...i have a cat that arrived at my house and became an outdoor pet. He is too friendly to be wild so I think his owners moved and abandoned him...anyone want a used black and white outdoor cat?

MKB
09-06-2007, 07:16 PM
A "used" Cat...........

should that be over in classifieds? -sorry i could not help it-

Mike B
ita #29

JLawton
09-07-2007, 06:34 AM
A "used" Cat...........
should that be over in classifieds? -sorry i could not help it-
Mike B
ita #29
[/b]

The more important question is: Is she IT legal?? If I see one more cat in the classifieds with a short shifter, I'm going to scream!!!

Rob, great news. I know your mother was pretty upset!

zracre
09-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I am pretty sure the cat is still stock...he consumes alot of cat fuel so i do not know if his intake or exhaust was modified but he purrs like a kitten!

BobsAuto
09-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Great news!!!! I&#39;m sure that Tumbles got fed well if she stayed in the infield. Something is going on up there every day and people are a sucker for furry friends. BTW, one of my friends who happens to be on the LPD walked out of the station last week to see a long haired furry creature. Taking a closer look at the creature on the steps of the PD, he decided to pursuade it to move away because it was a black and white furry creature. Needless to say, he was in front of the "creature" when it sprayed him. He still had many hours on duty that night and had to "roam" the town, protecting us wearing "aud de skunk". I can&#39;t wait to run into him to give him a bottle of "aud de skunk" remover (tomato juice) as a piece of equipment he should carry for protection. :D <_< :rolleyes: