PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

StangIT
08-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi I know this might be a loaded Question but here goes, I was wondering if anyone had any preference to a type of helmet, that have the best of everything or close to it. These would be Cooling, not the cooling tube type just plain old free flow air through the helmet type, weight and comfort. I sweat like crazy and about the only experience I have with helmets was AGV I used in Stock cars, but I was just wandering if anyone had any thoughts.

StangIT
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Is this thing on

1stGenBoy
08-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi I know this might be a loaded Question but here goes, I was wondering if anyone had any preference to a type of helmet, that have the best of everything or close to it. These would be Cooling, not the cooling tube type just plain old free flow air through the helmet type, weight and comfort. I sweat like crazy and about the only experience I have with helmets was AGV I used in Stock cars, but I was just wandering if anyone had any thoughts.
[/b]

Most helmets with vents ( both the vents in front and on top ) require air flow passing over them and into them to be effective. In a sedan with a windshield there is not much air flow to facilitate this. All those vents
do help somewhat but it really needs good airflow to work properly that is why you see so many external helmet blowers in sedans.

tom_sprecher
09-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I came up with a home made copy of the FAST cool helmet system. It works great and looks like the real thing at a fraction of the cost. I used a Coleman 6 pack cooler and maybe should have gone with the 12 pack version. Saturday at Nashville the ice was melted after 20 laps just from the hot air blowing through the hose.

It will not keep you from sweating but it will take your mind away from it.

chuck baader
09-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I use the Bell cool air whatever....side entry below the left ear. I also have a NACA duct in the right window moving air to a bilge blower and then to the helmet...works well for me and I have no need for a cool suit. Chuck (yea, it is on)