PDA

View Full Version : You NEED to see this.......................

pballance
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Here is a link to the NSS curbing install. The curbing will change the course and those of you that are coming to the race may want to consider the test day as well. To me, this is a significant change. Disregard the date in the photos. I did not take these but they were sent to me.

Here is the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/crscca/NashvilleCurbing

wbp
08-28-2007, 09:36 AM
The curbing shown in the photos was added to the Nashville Superspeedway Road Course at the request of SCCA racers. Track managers that listen!
All the 300 linear feet of curbing scheduled was completed at 3 PM yesterday (Monday). It will be painted Wednesday. And we get to try it out at the Practice Day on Friday. Late entry is available for the Practice Day, right up until Noon on Friday. So join us in being the first to learn how to drive the revised track.
The curbing certainly will change how it is driven. I predict times will be quicker than before, partly because the track will stay cleaner and it widens the track midcorner.

Joe-Racer
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Having dropped a wheel several times here.. this is greatly appreciated :OLA: I think I even chipped a rim or two.

Nicely done.

wbp
08-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Management at Nashville Superspeedway has been unbelievable to work with. We ask for curbing and get it.
Last year when we went over to this race, I hauled my little electric scooter. Before I unloaded it, I saw the track manager and asked him if they had a rule against me using it. His answer was "We just try not to have rules". If an organization racing there wants rules, they bring their own rules with them. The track controls the front gate and obeys the laws. That's about it. It saves them money as they don't have a bunch of rules nazis running around telling us what to do.
Huge contrast to Barber, and lots of other tracks.
We will see you there for Test Day Friday Joe.